Snowfall

Snowfall

Its been a year since he left me. I will never forget the late night talks we have everyday, the laughter we had together till we gasp for air, his presence when I was at my worst, and the day where our lips touched on snowfall.

My name is Yuki Hana. Yuki means snow and Hana means blossom. My mother chose that name for me as the snow started to fall upon my arrival.

Every year, it would start snowing on my birthday, signalling this special day from the heavens, a gift by the angels. At 16, I met him, that miracle I met in school, made me have butterflies in my tummy whenever he was close to me. Hisashi, the guy that makes me insane. He has black silky hair, sparkling blue eyes, pale snow skin, rosy red cheeks and olive shaped lips. He was perfect, the guy of my dreams,that appeared infront of me. However, we have never talked. It was tough for me to utter any words whenever  he was around.  I was afraid, yet that strong desire to start a conversation with him got stronger day by day.

One day, as I was walking to school, I was so engrossed with my phone until-  Someone's shoulders knocked onto mine, and my phone dropped onto the ground. "Hey, watch where you- " He picked up the phone and our eyes locked. It was Hisashi. "I'm sorry, I should have been more careful. Here's your phone." Our eyes met for a few seconds before I was snapped back into reality. "O..oh... i..it's okay..." I took my phone from his hand and that was the first time we connected in some ways. He smiled and glanced at me once more before he left. My heart started to accelerate and my face turned into a tomato. Did he just smiled at me? I thought to myself. I skipped back home and jumped on the bed. That scene when we first communicate kept replaying in my mind. I could feel my blood rushing into my brain, and i kept replaying that scene over and over again. Keep it together Yuki! You have to stop thinking if you want to sleep! I thought to myself. But I could not help it, but to keep replaying that scene again and again. 

"Today is the day Sakura! I am going to talk to him !" I squealed in delight to my bestfriend, Sakura.

 "Remember, to stay humble, and not to be some monster approaching him! " She chuckled. 

I rolled my eyes at her as I took a deep breath in and approach Hisashi. He was reading a book with his earpiece on. He must be smart ! I thought to myself as I slowly muster the courage with every step I take towards him. Before I could say a word, our eyes met like before. "Hey, are you the girl that we met before?" He smiled. "You...you remembered..?" I stummered. "Yeah, why would I forget? Sorry about your phone again." He scratched his head while locking his eyes into mine. "Oh, that's...that's okay..." my face began to heat up as I kept looking away from his gaze. He began to look at me from head to toe and started to chuckle. "Is..is there something wrong with me..? " I started to panic as he laughed. He calmed down a little and he whispered, "No, I just find you a little cute, that's all." He smiled. Wait, did he just say that i'm CUTE?? Oh gosh please save me, his smiles and sweet words is tearing my soul with cuteness !!! I flustered and our eyes met again as I looked up. We startedto talk for a little while and soon, I began to be more comfortable with him around.We bagan friends, close friends and soon best friends. I didn't mean to leave Sakura out but she kept leaving the two of us alone whenever we go for outings.

We went to the same college, however, Sakura was accepted into a different college. We still hung out like usual, despite the different paths we 3 have.  When I was 18 years old, I planned to hold a birthday party with Hisashi, Sakura and some of my friend from college and high school. On the night of my birthday, Hisashi held my hand under the blanket of stars. "Yuki.." He whispered that 3 words that I have been waiting for 2 years, " I love you" Our eyes met as his face came closer... and closer... till our lips met. Snow started to fall, as we break that kiss. "it's snowing! Look Hisashi!! " I jumped around with that smile, the brightest smile that I have ever made in my whole life. I looked at him and whispered, "I love you too, forever and always." He pulled me closer in an embrace, his lips warm against mine, a feeling that I would never forget. Our lips locked against with each other and it feels like time had stood still. I wish we could be like this forever, and always.

Years passed as we turned 20. We both were crossing the road, holding hands, being cute with each other. But that moment did not last long. *BEEEEEP !!! CRASH !!* He pushed me off the road, as he fell on the ground. As I got up with a scratch on my head, my eyes widened. Red liquids were all over the place, especially on Hisashi. He saved me, by sacrificing himself, to be the one that ends up on the ground."HISASHI !!" I screamed in pain as I ran towards him. He was bleeding profusely as I began to burst out with tears. I brought him to my arms as his blood drenched onto my clothes. "Yuki... Don't cry... " He uttered with pain. My heart was ripping to see glasses all over his face and his tears trickling down his face. Sirens filled the air as he was brought onto the stretcher. Snow started falling and the thought soon rushed into my head. It is my birthday,is this a curse or a gift from the gods? My heart began hurting as it feels torturous  to see Hisashi, the love of my life to get into an accident. As the ambulance rushed into the hospital, I squeezed Hisashi's hand tightly. However, as the paramedics was analysing him , they panicked. They performed CPR, and started to pump his heart vigorously. Not long after, when they reached the hospital, Hisashi uttered, "I.. love... you..."as he loosen his grip on my hands. It was too late. Hisashi is dead. They rushed him into the hospital, and they started to do panic as they could not find a single heartbeat on Hisashi. On that day, he was known dead. Hisashi  died, on my birthday... I began to burst out crying, with that ache on my chest. This feeling, the pain that kills me the most. I will never forget this day, as it was my brithday, and I could never forget, the last words he uttered, I love you.

Back to reality, its been 1 year since he passed on, and yet I remembered everything that happened. May god give him a good life, I prayed. On my 21st birthday, my mother was extremely supportive of me to be happy, but I couldn't, as this day, was the day where Hisashi left me. My mother lighted up the candle, and she sang me the birthday song. As she sang, I could remember the days where Hisashi was there, and we will celebrate my birthday, together with my mother. We were so happy, those smiles on our faces, with the joyous mood, and Hisashi would give me a birthday kiss on the forehead. Tears trickled down my face as my mother whispered, " close your eyes my darling, and make a wish." Dear angels and god in the heavens, please grant me just this once. This wish that i make will be selfish but I really could not help but to wish for a day with Hisashi. I want him to come back, because we did not have a proper goodbye. Please god, angels, shinigamis (Death god), grant me this once more, that's all I ask for... " As I blew off the candles, I let out tears and my mother gave me a tight hug. 

" If this is what you ask for, on your 21st bithday, your wish shall be granted. By the sun sets tomorrow, he shall disappear into snowflakes. And you shall wake up, from a dream, as if that day has never happened in your life. " voices started to surround me and this light soon became sharper and sharper, hurting my eyes and my mind. I fainted.

I shook up, looking around and found myself on the bed. It was just a dream I guess...  I thought to myself as I got up from the bed and walked out the door. When I walked out the door, I let out a loud scream. " Hey Yuki, do you miss me? " I screamed with tears flowing down from my eyes as I run and hugged him as tight as I could. " HISASHI !! I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE YOU AGAIN !!"  Tears trickled down his face as his eyes locked into mine, just like the time he dropped my phone. "Yuki, let's spend time together today, we only have till sunset okay?" He smiled as he teared even more. I quickly nod and sprint to get myself ready with a spring in my steps. We went on to the street markets, enjoying ourselves to the fullest. We went to carnivals, eat candy floss and popcorn, play games and ride on rides. Our hands were held tightly with each other as we went on to the cinema to watch scary and romantic movies. My day with Hisashi went extremely well, and I could tell that he enjoyed himself with that smile on his face, as bright as the sun. We went on to Mount Fuji as we enjoyed the scenery up there. From up there, the sun slowly began auburn and it slowly sets downwards. My tears began streaming down my face with my heart aching. Why does the day end so fast? It is not enough... " Yuki..."  I gazed towards him and our eyes met again. " I am sorry that I could no longer be by your side anymore...  and I am sorry that I missed your birthday this year..." He gave me my belated birthday kiss, with tears trickling down his face. " Hisashi, I am contented today, this is probably one of the best gifts I have ever recieved , a gift to spend a day with you. However, I guess the gift is going to expire ina couple more seconds..." I started to let out my tears as I could not hold them in anymore. He held my shoulders, and our lips met again, just like the first time we kissed when I was 18. As the sun slowly sets, he slowly faded into snowflakes and disappeared into thin air. A small gust of wind blew by, whispering " I love you" from a familliar voice. I burst out crying, knowing that today was the most happiest yet the most heartbreaking day I could ever recieve. Thank you god, for bringing a miracle into my life, and thank you, for this magical gift, I have ever recieved. Please take good care of him, bring him to heaven. Last but not least, please help me to deliver a message to him as well.

I love you too Hisashi.