dernier chapitre

Perhaps Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol wakes up with the worst hangover in history – he clutches his head in an effort to make everything stop spinning. Last night was a blurry of memories, he remembers Jongdae ushering him with just one more drink, just one more and then sort of drifting around into the dorms.

                “ing ,” He mutters under his breath even though he’s partly to blame. He’s been trying for months, ing months to get his love interest to look at his way to no avail. Byun Baekhyun isn’t an easy catch – see, at first Chanyeol thought that he was playing hard-to-get (as usual with any other of his conquests) but as the time passes – that wasn’t it at all. Chanyeol couldn’t properly get a read on him – sometimes he’d catch himself in a moment where it’d look like they were getting somewhere and then the older quickly pulls back as if he’s been burned.

Of course, he opened his mouth to his roommate and voiced all his complains which led to his current predicament as of the moment. Chanyeol feels a heavy weight in his chest – deciding that it wasn’t an effect of the hangover he’s currently experiencing and looks down to a mop of brown hair. .

He couldn’t have.

“Um,” he says, looking around to get a good view of his surroundings. He’s still in his room. And then the stranger shifted so Chanyeol gets a good view of the person. Chanyeol feels his heart stop as the view of Baekhyun’s face greeted him. He thanks whatever gods had blessed him and it doesn’t even matter if he’s going to get bad luck for the rest of his life. He finds himself grinning from ear to ear.

He doesn’t exactly remember any of the events last night, but he must’ve made a move, or something? Right? He’ll ask Jongdae questions later. Chanyeol gently extricates himself from the older and hastily moves to get his pants. Baekhyun’s going to be hungry when he wakes up and would probably have the same hangover, even if it pains him to get out of bed, he’d rather do this right this time. He’s not going to let it become one of his usual one-night stands. Baekhyun is different.

He grabs his phone and keys from his desk and quietly tiptoes outside with his shoes in hand. Chanyeol couldn’t resist to get one last good look at the elder’s sleeping form, he tries not to grin like a sap and fails.

 

What he hadn’t accounted for was the massively long line of students at the coffee shop in front of the campus. Of course, a bunch of sleep deprived college students would get their fuel from the nearest station, he impatiently taps the edge of his foot on the floor. He had been waiting in line for 40 minutes now.

When he gets to the counter, ing finally, he barks a swift “Two coffee, black.” And grumbles his way, waiting for his order to be finished. He still had to get some medicine, and that’s a good twenty-minute walk from the campus. In short, nothing’s looking good for him this morning – he probably really did used up all his luck with Baekhyun. Chanyeol smiles to himself and whispers a ‘ing worth it,’ under his breath.

He gets back to his dorm room and quietly twists the doorknob, a smile plastered on his face. And then he feels his stomach drop when he finds his bed empty. Chanyeol’s mind panics, he’s not usually at the other end of the rope when it comes to one-night stands. He places the coffee on his desk and sits on his bed, tried looking for a note and ended up removing all his bed sheets in the process. His heart sinks at the thought, but that couldn’t be right, there has to be some kind of explanation, right?

                “God, I’m an idiot.”

Jongdae arrives late in the afternoon, greeted with the sight of Chanyeol sprawled on the floor and two cups of coffee on the bedside table.

                “Rough morning?” Jongdae leers from the doorway, eyeing the ripped bedsheets. Chanyeol throws his arm over his eyes and hates the way his throat forms a lump.

                Chanyeol’s voice breaks over the words, “He left,”

He doesn’t see Jongdae’s expression, but he feels the latter lays beside him, Chanyeol looks over to him.

                “What are you doing?”

                “I’m sorry,” Jongdae says, staring at the ceiling with his hands folded on his stomach.

                “It’s fine,” Chanyeol sighs, “I shouldn’t have,” he trailed off and covers his eyes again.

 

The week went by and even at their surprisingly small dorm, he’d only come across Baekhyun twice. He couldn’t get a read on his expression since they both avoided each other’s eyes. Jongdae kept nagging him to go out to no avail. He even roped Junmyeon to stop by once to get him to listen.

By the third week, Kyungsoo – Baekhyun’s friend had started giving him death glares. Chanyeol throws him a confused look – it wasn’t like Chanyeol was in the wrong here. Sometime in the fourth week, Chanyeol saw Junmyeon talking with Baekhyun, it wasn’t unusual since the two of them are both RA’s – Junmyeon handles the second floor and Baekhyun handles the third, but something still churns at Chanyeol’s gut seeing them together. He slams his door shut loudly, enough for Jongdae to look at the hinges in concern.

Jongdae looks at him helplessly and Chanyeol answers him with an irritated “What?”

                “You’re breaking my heart, Yeol.” He says, closing the book he’d been reading and glaring at Chanyeol.

                “Quit it,”

                “You can’t go on moping like this,”

                “I’m not moping.”

                “Couldn’t you just, you know, talk to him?”

                “What’s there to talk about?”

                “I don’t know, feelings?” Jongdae says looking at him as if he’s the crazy one here.

                “And get my already bruised ego take another hit?”

                “Is that what this is about?” Jongdae look at him incredulously, like he couldn’t believe Chanyeol just said that. “You’d rather do the leaving than being left? What the , Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol sighs, running a hand through his hair. “No! Jesus, that’s not what I meant.”

                “Then what did you mean? Because if that’s all this is about then I’m feeling bad for you for nothing.”

                “Wow, thanks, because I needed your sympathy.” Chanyeol barks, throwing a pillow at Jongdae’s face. “I just, how could he go on like nothing happened? That’s not fair.”

Jongdae rolls his eyes at him, “You’re getting a taste of your own medicine, pal. Remember all the girls and guys you’ve left? Hell, before you met Baekhyun there wasn’t a night out you’re not without an arm candy.”

                “Yeah, that was before Baekhyun.”

                “Oh,” Jongdae says, maybe finally realizing how serious Chanyeol is about this one. “Well, why don’t you talk to him? He’s still an RA. He wouldn’t turn you down just because you’ve slept with him. I mean, he’s way matured than you.”

                “And what am I supposed to do?”

                “Make him fall for you?”

                “Really? Like I wasn’t doing that in the first place?”

                “Look at it this way,” Jongdae grins, now looking like a cunning fox, “Now he’s aware of your presence. It’s much harder to ignore someone you’ve already exchange bodily fluids with.”

                “Stop being gross,” Chanyeol says throwing a book at him and Jongdae dodging it. Jongdae raises his eyebrows at him up and down, grinning like a lunatic.

                “It’s a good plan.”

                “Unlike some people, I do understand boundaries.” Chanyeol sighs. “I’m not going to push him if he doesn’t want me.”  

                “That’s,” Jongdae says looking at him insightfully, “awfully mature of you.”

Chanyeol sighs, this wasn’t supposed to be the plan. God, why did he have to get wasted in the first place. He was fine when they were friends and now Baekhyun can’t even look at him strai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter