Chapter 3

Rule the World

It’s been a week since that day occurred and she long forgotten about the chilling smirk from the mysterious male. She finished her shift and changed to her casual clothes - a striped long-sleeved shirt with a pleated skirt. In the midst of her combing her hair from a ponytail, she heard the door open.

“What did you do, Jimina?”

Jimin was just pulling her bag out of the locker when the other entered the room. She was ready to quip back with a playful remark but the genuine concern in Ayeon’s voice matched the furrowed eyebrows and frown that Jimin knew the older wasn’t playing around.

“What do you mean?”

“The manager is looking for you.”

Jimin felt her body stiffen; this didn’t sound good at all. “I-I didn’t do anything though,” she said. Her friend placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“If anything does happen, let me know,” Ayeon tried to ease Jimin’s nervousness. “I have my connections and could help you snag a new job if worst comes to worse.”

Jimin managed an appreciate smile to thank her friend and headed out of the room. As she walked down the hallway there was a progressive rush of dread coming down her body. She could only be grateful that she finished her shift today so at least she was getting paid a bit more. Once she came in front of the door, she clenched her teeth and knocked on the cold surface.

“Come in,” she heard a low muffled voice behind the the barrier. She twisted the knob and pushed the door open. Jimin had only been in the manager’s office once and that was just to sign paper of her employment which took less than ten minutes, so she did not remember all the details and complete layout of the office. However, she knew the face of her manager and the male sitting behind the desk was definitely not him. She stood in the doorway, staring blankly at the now amused male. This was obviously her manager’s office, so why was the guy from last week here? Her brain began to run through a cycle of possibilities that she didn’t realize how long she’s been staring at him until a chuckle brought her back to reality.

Flustered, Jimin could feel her cheeks burn when she realized how long they were looking at each other. “I-I’m sorry, I must’ve mistaken the rooms-” she tried to excuse herself, hand resting on the doorknob and ready to bolt out.

“No, you’re in the right place,” the male must’ve noticed her nervousness and quickly interrupted her before she could possibly escape. “Close the door and take a seat please, Jimin-shi.” There was such firmness in his eyes that Jimin felt like leaving right then and there wouldn’t be a good choice. She did what she was told but with obvious hesitation. She took a seat in the black cushioned chair in front of the desk, while feeling the burning gaze that was making her feel ten times as nervous than before. This feeling was worse than getting fired, she decided. There was a silence and Jimin couldn’t help but shift uncomfortably in her seat as he continued to stare at her without a word.

She cleared . “I-Is there something you need?”

His thin lips curled into a grin and eyes lit with mirth, it was a face that could rival Cheshire the Cat. It scared her but she remained seated. After taking a longer look at the male, she noticed how he was in a entirely formal business suit in comparison to the first time she saw him. Even in business casual attire, he had exude so much power and now he looked like he had more power than Jimin could imagine. She really needed to get out of there as soon as possible.  

“In fact,” he said, his voice deeper than she expected, “there is something I need.” He leaned towards her and a woof of his cologne attacked her olfactory senses, a mix of scandlewood and velvet flowers. “I want you to work for me. Be my personal assistant for me.”

Jimin would’ve released her loudest and ugliest laugh at his response that seemed straight out of a drama, but she suppressed herself because there was no hesitation in his eyes that would indicate this was a joke. She gulped and sat up straight, shoulder straightened to create pretend confidence. “I’m sorry but I don’t think I can,” she began with a strong voice, hoping if she kindly and professionally reject his offer, she could get the hell out of there. “I mean, I have the job at the front desk already and can’t possibly quit in such short notice.”

“Yes, I know,” he replied. He leaned back to rest against the back of the chair. “I already spoke to your manager about that and he happily agreed in letting you work for me.”

“But-”

“Park Jimin, twenty-one years old, holds only a high school diploma despite receiving a scholarship from Seoul University,” she sat there in shock, listening to him recite information about her perfectly without a paper in front of him. “Fluent in Korean and English, specialties include Muay Thai and piano, and holds experience in multiple jobs.”

She was speechless - no scared was the better word. She could feel her heart pound against her chest and started to tug on the ends of her skirt. He laughed at the sudden drop of confidence and tilted his head.

“I just think your background is being wasted on a simple job as this.” The male pushed himself up from the comfort of his chair and made his way to the other side of the desk. He stood directly next to her with his eyes still locked onto her, who kept her gaze on her hands. “I can also assure you that working for me won’t hinder your other job as well.”

Jimin completely froze. No one in this company knew about her other job, not even Ayeon. There was no way he would’ve known, even if he did a background check on her.

“I don’t mean to say it with ill intent,” he said in an assuring tone that Jimin knew tried to mask the amusement that glowed on his handsome face. “I’m just a fan, that’s all.”

She abruptly stood up to face the male, the chair she sat on forcibly pushed back and clattered against the floor. Her hands balled into a tight fist on her sides as she looked up to glare at the other, who remain unfazed. “What do you want from me?”

“If you weren’t listening to me before, I just want you to work for me - plain and simple.”

Jimin didn’t bother to ask what would happen if he denied his offer because she feared it. She didn’t want everything she’s done gone to waste. She won’t let this man she never met before take what she has. Jimin inwardly groaned and bit down on her cherry lips. “Fine.”

“Great,” he said in a cheery sound that seemed mismatch with the image he displayed. She watched his lips pull into a wide smile and his eyes becoming nonexistent as it turned into two moon crescents. If she wasn’t angry and scared, she would’ve thought about how handsome he was. But that wasn’t the case, so she initially remained still when he extended a hand out towards her.

“I’m sorry I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Min Yoongi.”

Min Yoongi.

Jimin didn’t understand how much weight the name held at that time, and sometimes she wish that she had never found out.

 


Another quick update! Next chapter will be long and have more background information about Jimin and her past, so I hope you guys look forward to that. Thanks for all the love and support <3