Music Bank

Maknae Attraction

 

“Snowflakes fall down and get away little by little~”

 

“I miss you, I miss you~”

 

It’s during busy and exhausting periods of time like this where Yeri just likes to close her eyes and become engrossed in a good song or album. And being the fan she was, BTS’ new song ‘Spring Day’ was no exception.

 

She didn’t know if it was her newly discovered and acceptance of a crush for BTS’ maknae, but she personally thought that this was their best comeback yet. Especially because she prefers songs with very meaningful lyrics and songs that can tell a story. Ever since their repackaged album came out, she had been listening to their three new songs on repeat. Her favorite was undeniably Spring Day though.

 

Red Velvet was in the middle of getting last minute touch-ups to hair and makeup, ready to perform on music bank and make an attempt for another win. Their comeback was met with some more backlash than expected initially, but everyone had seemed to warm up to it after a week and Rookie was doing very well, so she was happy. Meanwhile, the members' eyes were glued to the tiny TV in their personal dressing room, excited to watch Spring Day live for the first time. Due to their busy schedules, Red Velvet had no time to properly enjoy the comeback and watch their new music videos, so she wondered what kind of choreography BTS would show us for the song. She really had no idea what to expect as it was a much softer song than what she was used to. Her thoughts were broken however by an excited Joy as she swung the door to their dressing room open, already finished with preparations.

 

“Please don’t tell me I missed Bangtan perform?”

 

Irene giggled softly from one of the small couches and gestured towards the tiny screen.

 

“It’s just about to start!”

 

As soon as the performance was underway the girls couldn’t help but feel mesmerized by their stage presence and raw emotion displayed during their choreography.

 

“Omo, I really love the dance for the chorus,” Seulgi stated while trying to mimic the smooth hand motions and quick feet on screen.

 

“I agree, it’s really beautiful. A lot faster than I expected too.” Wendy replied. “What about you Yeri?”

 

“.....What? Sorry I didn’t hear you.” Yeri responded sheepishly. Wendy just giggled softly knowing why she couldn’t hear, but decided to give her a break for now.

 

“I asked about your opinions on the dance.”

 

“Ah~ I really like it! I heard from others that the music video doesn’t have any dancing so I guess we’re pretty lucky to be seeing this!”  

 

The performance was over before she knew it and she could hear the shuffling of staff and the BTS members making their way backstage and back to their dressing rooms before announcing this week’s winner. To be honest, Yeri was moved by their performance. Having migrated to a couch, she was deep in thought.

 

Jungkook looked so handsome today, he looks like he’s really grown…

 

Yeri blushed a little at her own thoughts. She couldn’t stop thinking about the chorus and Jungkook’s lines in the song. He had a lot of center parts and the camera just had to zoom into his face very closely during her favorite sections as well. She couldn’t pinpoint the reason, it just felt so...comforting. She made a conscious decision then and there that she was going to befriend Jungkook and the rest of the members today. She slapped her cheeks gently and psyched herself up. Being shy and timid like this just wasn’t her. She had plenty of close guy friends, many of them being fellow idols. She isn’t called ‘SM’s princess’ and a ‘social butterfly’ for nothing. She was just going to ignore her little crush, and work on becoming friends and getting to know them. Sure she was a fan, but she genuinely wanted to be closer, and be able to talk casually.

 

“Yeri 10 minutes!” She heard Irene yell from backstage

 

“Ah, be right there!~”

 

After their performance, the girls headed back to their room to wipe of all the sweat and re energize before they would have to go back on stage again, as they were a 1st place nomination. On her way back she quickly eyed the BTS dressing room hearing lots of screaming and laughter coming from inside. She grinned slightly, happy to know the image she had of the group were true even off camera.

 

As they took their places on stage, Yeri eyed Jungkook quickly, deciding on an opportune time to spark a conversation.

 

He looks even more handsome in person... I wonder what he looks like with no makeup on?

 

Aish snap out of it! You said you would forget about your crush! Yeri cursed inwardly.

 

“And the winner is...BTS!” Yeri cringed at the volume of cheers they received. They really were gaining so much popularity. She was happy for them, even if they lost this week.  Spring day started playing again for their encore stage, and she made her way back to the dressing room. However, after she turned around, her eyes immediately landed on Jungkook who quickly made eye contact and then looked away bowing to the rest of the artists that were currently leaving. Yeri gave a soft smile and bowed as well as she approached him, looking right into his eyes even though he was incapable of doing the same.

 

Wow, he’s more shy than I thought…

 



The halls were loud as BTS made their way back to their room talking about their trophy and win. Jungkook was so grateful to the ARMYs that supported them this comeback and gave him the strength to work harder. After changing and setting their trophy down on a table, he decided to grab some drinks for himself and his hyungs from a nearby vending machine.

 

“Do you guys want anything?”

 

Taking a mental note of all the different coffee and milk drinks in his head, he grabbed his bag and headed out carefully and quietly, making sure not to draw attention to himself. Arriving at his destination, he quickly scanned the machine and located the specific drinks to buy.

 

“Hmm...I have enough money, I’ll treat my hyungs today.” Jungkook said out loud.

 

Jungkook yawned as he leaned against a wall with one arm; slowly inserting money and waited for the drinks to fall. After all seven drinks were retrievable, he swiftly worked on scooping them all up into his hands. Maybe he should have brought someone with him, it was getting hard to hold all the cans... Suddenly, Jungkook felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around nonchalantly assuming it was one of the members here to help him with the drinks.

 

“Oh hyung thank god my hands are so full--”

 

It was anything but s.

 

Right in front of him stood Kim Yerim, all alone, waving at his direction. Realizing there was nobody else around and the greeting was definitely directed at him, he stood up quickly, maybe a little too quickly, and bowed politely trying to avoid eye contact.

 

“S-Sorry...I thought you were one of the members-- Ah!”

 

He didn’t think his face could turn any redder as he watched one of the cans he was holding fall and start rolling towards Yeri’s feet. Yeri picked it up swiftly and held out her hand for him to take it.

 

“T-Thank you.” He said as he grabbed the can gently out of her hands. Bowing furiously, he issued out some quick apologies.

 

God this is so embarrassing…

 

“It’s okay don’t worry about it!” Yeri said with a friendly smile. “I just saw you here and wanted to talk to you. I’m a big fan, and really enjoyed your performance today!”

 

Jungkook’s head shot up, shocked. Did he hear that right? His favorite girl group listened to their music and enjoyed their performances? His heart flushed with pride and embarrassment. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and could swear he felt his shoulders gain 3 cm in width.

 

“Really? The members and I really enjoy your songs and performances as well! I’ve been listening to Rookie nonstop since it was released. Rookie rookie! My supa rookie rookie rookie!” Jungkook sang but was filled with regret instantly.

 

What did I just do! I look like an idiot!

 

Yeri gave a bright smile to his little antics though and laughed.

 

“You know the lyrics! But I guess to be fair they’re not that hard to memorize” Yeri joked.

 

Jungkook’s heart fluttered. Why is she so pretty? He had seen give those signature vibrant smiles in videos and live shows but they were never for him specifically.

 

“I’ve memorized Spring Day’s lyrics as well!” Yeri went on. “It’s very beautiful.”

 

“Thank you. Namjoon, Yoongi and Jin will be happy, they worked hard on the song.”

 

“I--” the sound of a cell phone ringing cut Yeri short as she pulled it out and checked the caller ID. Joy. “Sorry,  hold on.”

 

“Ne?”

 

“Yeri where are you we have to go or we’ll be late for our next schedule!” Joy said through the phone.

 

“Mmm, I’ll be right there!”  

 

“I’m sorry, but I have to go, we have another schedule after this, but I hope to see you around soon! We’re promoting at the same time after all.” Yeri said as she waved.

 

“Wait!” Jungkook exclaimed. At that moment, he quickly remembered the words Taehyung said to everybody a few weeks ago and came to a decision. 

 

I’m going to regret this, aren’t I...

 

“I...actually bought your album...I was wondering if maybe...I could get an autograph before you go?”

 

Yeri froze and blushed a bit. She recovered quickly though and giggled at his earnestness.

 

“Of course, do you have it with you right now?”

 

“Ah! It’s in my bag!” Jungkook shoved the rest of the cans in pockets and furiously rummaged through his backpack, gently pulling out his Rookie album and a pen.

 

“Jungkook-ssi, do you really like Irene?” Yeri asked as she pointed to the cover of the album. This one in particular was the Irene specific cover.  Jungkook chuckled

 

“We were just given them at random, we had to have our managers pick them up for us because we didn’t want to risk going out. But also...if you could...do you mind signing my photo card? I got yours.”  At the mention of the card, Yeri started to clap her hands excitedly.

 

“Oh, you got mine! Daebak this is perfect. Where is it?”

 

“S-Second page please.”

 

After signing, Yeri tucked the photocard inside the album and handed it back.

 

“Thank you for supporting our comeback! Next time I’ll have you sign my BTS albums as well! I really have to go though now so fighting! Goodluck on the rest of your comeback!”

 

Jungkook bowed gratefully and waved goodbye. “Thank you again! You too!”

 

After making sure she was gone, Jungkook beamed and hopped up and down like a little kid, opening the album back up to see the signature. There it was in all its glory, staring back up at him with its cute elegance. As he held it up to a light though, he realized there was some more sharpie on the back as well. Puzzled, he flipped it over. At that very moment, he swore his heart stopped beating for a split second.

 

“A phone number?”

 


A/N: Suprise! Super duper fast update. I originally was going to try and have more chapters written before posting this one so I could have a consistent update schedule but news about the confirmed release date for the hixtape has me all hyped, and I honestly probably won't be writing much once that comes out LOL. So think of this as an apology in advance I guess? This chapter is even longer than the last one whew. I hope you guys enjoyed their first meeting, I personally thought it was super cute writing it. Jungkook gets so shy around girls it's honestly so endearing, and he's not subtle at all about it.  Next chapter will be interesting that's for sure! Again like always thanks for the comments, I know this update was on super short notice but thanks again anways, they really make my day, seriously <3

RESPONSES: 

rina_takashi: Well...I hope that was quick enough for you? Lol, I'm glad you enjoyed it! ^_^ 

DarLa12316: I'm so happy I could make your day! Don't worry about me, I'm doing fine but I really appreciate your concern! Thanks for showing love to my crappy story <3 Fighting!

ReaderByHeart1521: Thanks for commenting! ^o^ I agree that I think there is an underlying friendship based on reactions to each other and whatnot (or at least I'm praying lol). We are just getting fed so many moments and interactions between the too it's amazing. From the recent SMAs (Everyone's reaction to Mic Drop and DNA gave me life, I was so sad BTS couldn't react to RV) and then the RUN episode played Red Flavor, and RV played gogo and fire and danced to both of them like Ahhh! It really makes me happy. I just like shipping for fun but I really hope both groups aren't afraid to be friends with each other. They seem to really like each other and support each other well.