Picture Perfect

Photograph {Youngjae x You}

*Click* *Click*

“Ah chincha Youngjae!” you whined while he held up his small SLR came in front of his face pointed at you. He always carried that around and took shots of the nature, the abstract, the you. You couldn’t complain. He was so pure with his perfect teeth showing every time he smiled at you. And he smiled so much when you were around.

You were his older brother’s best friend and the whole neighborhood knew of Jaebum’s feelings for you. Even though you weren’t his girlfriend, you both spent a lot of time together and everyone just assumed your relationship. You on the other hand was into a different Choi.

You squinted your eyes and nose at him, faking annoyance and he laughed even louder making you break into a fit yourself. Look at this boy, you thought. Whoever he is going to love is going to be so lucky. You paused your giggle as a slight burn rose from the pit of your stomach. You didn’t like that thought. What if she breaks his heart? What if she doesn’t understand all that he is and so much more? No, you couldn’t have that. He was made of glass, crystal and clear, and no one deserved to scratch his stainlessness.

He seemed to have noticed your sudden change in expression and your immovable eyes.  He shifted closer to you on the rug you both were seated upon. You shrugged off your thought and smiled at him.

“What’s wrong noona?” his voice serenaded your ears. He sat on his knees linked together, spreading his ankles on either side of his thighs; just like a little puppy.

You just couldn’t stop melting under his gaze. “Nothing “ you said before honestly similing.

*click*

“Really? Really Choi Youngjae?” you complained. “I look ugly right now.”

Without warning his gaze darkened around yours. He looked at you dead in the eyes and just did not move. Seasons must have come and gone but he remained unnaturally silent.

“Don’t ever say that again.” He spoke in a harsh mindful tone; like he had never meant anything else as much.

“What..?” You struggled. Even though your mind had made the calculations of the motives of his words, you still wanted him to say it.

“Don’t call my prettiest possession ugly.” He remained motionless as if he was really hurt. Your mind stirred in an anti-clockwise motion causing you nausea. Did he have to sound so sincere, so goddamn irresistible saying those words? Before you could contemplate any further he caught you off-guard with one of his toothy smile. “You are the prettiest noona!”

He reminded you of bunnies and chocolates and red; everything bright and beautiful. Sometimes you wandered how you will manage to date someone if they didn’t radiate like the boy scooted in front of you right now. Not even his brother, as handsome as he was, came close. The thought itself was haunting and horrifying; this is not how he should be making you feel.

“Can I ask you something Youngjae?” You spoke clearing your throat.

“Do I have to answer?” He smiled cheekily.

“Yes.” Your authoritative tone was cute and distracting to his attention.

He clutched his own palms trying to halt them from stretching over and cupping your face. But, on the outside he remained calm.

“Ok ok.” He replied

“Why are you always taking photos of me? I mean don’t you have enough already?” your genuine curiosity painted your face

He fidgeted on spot trying to find the words and he did a good job of choosing them.

“How can I ever have enough of you?” he said as he looked to towards the floor, right at the gap between both your knees. “You are so beautiful, the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I feel like…I feel like if I look at you too long you will disappear.” Your brain refused to process the words coming out of him. Your insides fought to keep composure and paying attention was difficult but vital. “I hate it when Jaebum hyung flirts with you. It makes me feel like I have even less time with you. So, I capture you in my photographs, they are you through my eyes.” This time he looked up at you before continuing. “Noona if I have these photographs I will have you forever with me and no one will take you away, not even hyung.”

You were frozen, absolutely bolted to the ground underneath. Your mind dived into the nocturnal melody of his honest, pure revelation.

“Plus it is easier to express my feelings to your photographs rather than at you. I mean, you never reject me there. You are always mine as much as I am yours.”

Was this boy listening to his own words? He seemed to be in the midst of writing lyrics for one of his songs; or a Knight reciting poetry to his Queen. Your cheeks blushed red and heat exploded from everywhere. No one had ever treated you like this, not even with words. This was a realm you had only visited in dreams never thinking it would one day come true.

“Youngjae…” You pronounced assuring him that you were still alive.

“Don’t look so flustered noona, it drives me crazy.” Once again he locked his eyes on to yours wanting more than just to look. “It makes me want to kiss your lips and never let go.”

This time it was too much even for you. You wanted him to kiss you vigorously to reassure your faith in love again. He looked at you so lovingly that you wanted to combust into small particles; you didn’t deserve him.

He chuckled studying your expression. “I sound like a creep don’t I? I guess I am, for you.”

You cursed at yourself for not latching on to him and kiss him until eternity. You hated yourself for not being able to tell him that this, this moment right now, is all you have ever wanted. He was your entirety and you wanted to be his.

“Will you do me a favour, noona?” he said with his adorable puppy eyes.

“Yeah..”

“Take a photo with me. I want to believe that in some universe I have a chance with you.”

“Youngjae..”

“Will you?” he pleaded. But it was not only a photograph you craved for. You wanted him to sweep you off of your feet and hold you in his soft, warm chest.

“Yes I will.”

He got up to set his camera on the tripod and set the angle to his liking before making his way next to you. As he sat down his arms brushed yours causing sensations from your throat down to your core. You must have been going crazy if the slightest touch made you feel that way.

“Ready?” He looked at you and you nodded a yes.

*Click*

The flash of the camera blinded you leaving you in a state of shock from what you felt and couldn’t see. The warm, soft flesh of his lips collided against yours, taking advantage of your momentary visual deprivation. He did not stop with a peck. He your lower lip causing you to quiver under his touch. You were surprised at how incredibly gentle he was, not even trying to fight for entrance. It was as if he was just trying to hold on a little while longer to something he so heavily craved.

Just as you were about to bring your hands up to his chest to pull him closer, he let go, leaning back to stare at your face. You were still quite shaken from the recent turn of events and hadn’t yet recovered from the swollenness he just caused your lips. He brought one of his thumbs up to your lips and rubbed it slightly; as if to rid of the residue his lips had left, leaving new ones with his touch. You crouched into a ball of heat needing him, wanting him. Your eyes remained motionless, slightly disappointed from the lack of contact.

“Don’t look at me like that noona. I am not the little boy who pulled at your sleeve for attention when he was five. I am a man whether you think of me as or not.”

But, you did. You thought of him as more than a man and for way too long. It wasn’t exactly an act of pride but you had imagined yourself being with him countless amounts of time, always dreading the reaction your bestfriend would have.

“I am sorry for kissing you. I just really wanted that photo. Thank you, noona.”

He was about to get up to unhook his camera but something halted him. It was your turn to pull at his sleeve. He obeyed your action and sat himself back down beside you, looking at you with loving eyes.

“What is it?” he said concerned.

“Kiss me again.” You managed to say between slow, shaky breaths.

Youngjae had numbed on spot. In a matter of seconds his eyes darkened into the sweetest form of lust and you knew the man inside him wanted every bit of you. He cupped your face into his palms and slowly planted his lips on yours. You responded as fast as they had touched. Your faces danced to a slow rhythm before picking up sweet pace; his huger slowly taking over him.

Countless nights he had had dreams of pushing you against his bed and kissing you through the night; sometimes with just love, sometimes with everything wrong. But, now you were the one who invited him in and the euphoria in him had no roof to touch.

He touched you everywhere from your arms to your waist; his lips were aggressive but his hands ever so gentle. This mix of pace was stirring your mind into impure thoughts and you craved his touch in places he couldn’t see.

You detached for a moment trying to grasp for oxygen you had thus far avoided. All the while his touch didn’t leave yours, as if to believe you are truly there. His eyes gazed at you with fondness, puncturing your soft, mellow heart.

“I am real Youngjae and I will not disappear.” For the first time you had spoken the words he had longed for so long. His disbelief showed on his face quickly followed by manly desires.

“I love you noona and I want to make love to you.” He spoke biting his lips to conceal the other feelings that had taken over.

“I love you too.” You said gulping in half of the next spoken words. “I want you to make me feel like I never have before.”

He understood what you had meant and a smirk, unlike his toothy one, flashed on his face. It was so hot and magical you couldn’t help but moan.

“Not now noona. You are special and I will make sure you are taken care of.” He didn’t need to do much. Just those words had pierced through the barriers of your caged desires.

“Wait for me tonight? I will come over.” He said caressing the side of your face.

“I can’t wait.” You said, snuggling into his arms.

Right then, you were the happiest woman in the world.