Prologue: The Bridge

Love Till Dawn

Taehyung walked around the streets of Busan. He liked the night. There was less cars and less people. Just him and his thoughts. It has been a month since he came here for college. He remembered the day he boarded the train.

‘I will miss you’ his mother said, no hint of emotion in her voice

He just nodded.

He never really understood why he was never given the love he yearned for, or maybe he did.

He sighed, deeply.

Taehyung continued walking until he found a road he was not familiar with. It was a road full of dirt, not the kind that smelled; there were leaves and trees of thorn. It seemed haunted. Haunted enough to peak the curiosity of a 20 year old college student. He decided he would take the road since he has never been there.

‘It’s going to be interesting’ he smiled

‘I guess nobody ever comes this way. People must really think it’s haunted’ he gazed up at the moon.

‘The moon is beautiful today’ he thought

‘Why is that beautiful things shine in the dark’ he sighed as he continued to walk down the road brightened occasionally glancing up at the shinning moon.

Without noticing he went deep in to the light forest followed by the screeching sounds of insects, a cry of an owl. But he wasn’t scared, he was far from it. He enjoyed it. That’s when he stopped in his tracks; some 10 meters in front of him was a bridge. It looked old, forgotten, and full of flowers and thorns. It looked like those bridges in fairy tales under the moon. Below it was what seemed like a lake reflecting the full moon.

But that was not all that caught his attention. Surrounded by the moonlight stood a human figure, back facing him, looking down at the water. The man looked peaceful even from behind. His dark brown hair was glittering in the moonlight.

‘I guess I am not the only one who found this place’

He decided to go and say hi, but after two steps he stopped dead in his tracks. And his breath hitched.

That moment the man turned around and Taehyung swore he was the most beautiful person he has ever seen.

He decided to just stare