Finale

You Are The Most Handsome Person I've Ever Seen

 

Yoongi was insecure, really insecure, and there was a reason for it. The reason was that he was a boy. He was a boy who had s and a . He was sure of it, had been for very long time, but hadn't yet told anyone. He was so afraid that people wouldn't be there for him if he told them.

He didn't know it would change so soon, but it did. There was a new student in their class, a tall dark-skinned boy, who wore the weirdest box-shaped smile ever. The boy was different from other boys, he was so much shorter than the other boys his age, but still a lot taller than Yoongi.

The boy’s first words to Yoongi, right after a small “Hey” were "What pronouns you prefer?" The question had Yoongi wondering. Did he somehow know? But, not thinking more about it, he answered with a really small voice “Male.” and smiled awkwardly, being afraid the boy would now leave his company, but all the boy did was say “Same” and that had Yoongi wondering. Was that boy, Taehyung, like him? Looking at the wide smile the boy showed him and the hug he got right after the lesson, Yoongi could say the boy was happy to befriend him.

Back then, he had still been a she, he had had a long Bob, he had been wearing the girls’ uniform, he had been called Min Yoonji by everyone. But it was about to change now.

Fastly he learned that Taehyung had also been born a girl, he had been Taehee, had long hair and fluffy skirts, ones his mom loved. He told that he wanted to be there for Yoongi, if Yoongi needed help with being happier with his body. And Yoongi gladly accepted all the help Taehyung gave him.

Taehyung was there with him when he told his parents. That was where he wanted to start from. His parents, luckily grew accustomed to it quickly, and helped him with everything else. He got binders, that helped his body to be more androgynous, not yet masculine, but closer, but it was Taehyung who helped him put it on and admire the smoothness. He got a haircut, his bob shortening to couple of centimeters long hair.

The hardest of all was telling his friends. Most of them just said that they couldn't associate with someone so weird and ugly. Ugly, because he wasn't girly anymore. Weird because he wasn't a girl anymore, nor had he ever been. Even then Taehyung was there, whispering in his ear and hugging him close. Telling Yoongi that “You are the most handsome person I've ever seen”

One night, laying in his bed, Yoongi finally realized something. He realized that he was crushing on the younger male, the realization making his head spin. Of course that was the case, that was why his stomach filled with butterflies every time Taehyung got a bit too close to him, that's why every single compliment Taehyung gave him made him blush so dark red, unlike the ones someone else - for example Jimin - gave him. That was why Yoongi always wanted to be near the taller, wanted to let him keep him safe, wanted to hug him, and cuddle with him. That was why.

What he also realized was that he couldn't hide this from Taehyung, because Taehyung knew him so well, and would immediately guess that something was 'wrong’ and he would ask about it.

So he decided to tell him. The next time they saw, when Taehyung came to Yoongi's the next morning. Yoongi just blurted out “I like you” then blushing dark red and hiding his face behind his hands. He saw the confusion and joy? on the taller's face, the beautiful rectangular smile growing, his eyes sparkling, he seemed like he would want to shout 'whoopee’ and dance a victory dance, but he didn't. What he did instead made Yoongi choke on his own spit.

“I like you too hyung!!” Taehyung shouted, running to Yoongi and lifting him up to his lap, just hugging him tight and starting to cry. The tears of joy fell from his eyes as he hugged the older male as close to himself as he could, knowing that the small hyung wouldn't get mad.

“I really, really like you”