Off-shade (final)

Colorful Canvas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I UPLOADED THE DRAFT VER. YESTERDAY, THAT WAS A WRONG CHAPTER 

 

Thank you for requesting Meanie97, sorry

Chapter 1

His brush runs to his canvas as he starts to paint some patterns. Today must be a good day for Wonwoo. He dips his brush into his pallete and mixes some colors then dragging it back to his canvas.

“Wonwoo is being all active today because it’s his boyfriend modelling for us right now.” Wonwoo heard his friend teased and he stops moving his brush and glares at Soonyoung. It’s true he’s happy because this a rare thing, his boyfriend Mingyu is sitting there in front of the glass with an apple press on his right cheek and a small smile on his lips, his eyes were close but sometimes it opens just to look (or wink) at him.

 

After a few hours the bell rings signalling that the class ended and Wonwoo was the last one to get out, laughing at his boyfriend who was groaning and massaging his cheeks.

“I thought the apple was already glued on my face.” Mingyu rubs the right side of his cheek feeling a soft numbness there. Wonwoo walks to his direction and rubs it with his soft palm making Mingyu chuckled at his boyfriend’s cuteness.

“Okay this is ew breakaway couples, Soonyoung coming through.” Wonwoo clicks his tongue when Soonyoung purposely walks between him and Mingyu and bid them a goodbye.

“Jealous hamster!” Wonwoo shouted back at Soonyoung and Soonyoung fisted his finger at him.

Once they were alone Mingyu takes the canvas from Wonwoo’s hand which made the other protest but once Mingyu lifts it above his head Wonwoo pouts at him.

Wonwoo really painted him good, it wasn’t a full body but a close up, and he looks good. Wonwoo did great. Mingyu place a soft kiss on top of Wonwoo’s head and Wonwoo creep his hand to Mingyu’s free hand and they walk out of the school hand in hand.

 

He and Mingyu were already at their 5th year of being in a relationship; they already know each other very well. Wonwoo is taking fine arts class and he’s the best when it comes to painting (or what Mingyu had said to him) his best friend was the guy earlier named Soonyoung who was the witness how Mingyu and him developed their love. Mingyu is a broadcasting Major but he is also good at arts maybe that’s one point why Wonwoo and him clicks at the first time they met, which is in an art gallery.

“Wonwoo I will be staying at school tomorrow a bit longer so I can’t pick you up in class I’m sorry in advance.” Wonwoo was lying on his bed with his phone when he felt a soft kiss behind his ears as Mingyu speaks.

Wonwoo hums in reply knowing how Mingyu is so busy in his upcoming play but still manage to be a model for his art class. He flips himself letting his back on the mattress. He rounds his arms around Mingyu’s neck and pulled him for a kiss which Mingyu gladly gave.

“I’ll drag Soonyoung tomorrow with me then.” Wonwoo place kisses under Mingyu’s chin and to neck while Mingyu caress his cheeks with his thumbs.

They always cuddle whenever one of them will be away for a while. Call them clingy couple but this is how they show their affection to one another.

 

 

Soon Wonwoo wakes up with an empty space beside him Mingyu already left for school earlier than usual. They have a small apartment, their apartment walls are already full of Wonwoo’s paintings, and whenever he’s free he always asked Mingyu to be his model for his next art piece. Wonwoo looks at the small living room where the largest painting was hanged. It was a landscape panting one meter wide maybe. It was a painting of the two of them when they were in Osaka for a vacation, their backs were facing the camera only their side features can be seen, and they are both looking at each other. They are so in love.

 

 

A week had past and Wonwoo only saw Mingyu like 2 times one was when he woke up and the other was back for a shower. Second was when Mingyu had a feeling that their grocery was running low and gives Wonwoo the list and asked him to buy it instead. On a special day Wonwoo can’t believd it Mingyu forgot about their 2000th day togather he didn’t rceived a text or call nor he had seen the pther. He’s not happy call him demanding but he’s not happy Mingyu is working too much in his project he doesn’t even have time for his boyfriend.

 

Wonwoo was dazing out when he heard a mocking whistle beside him. “Another empty canvas, I guess your muse is missing, right?” Wonwoo looks at Soonyoung with his dull face and Soonyoung tried holding his laugh.

“Boy, being a director of a big play must be tough!” Soonyoung commented as he pulls an empty seat and sat beside Wonwoo. They were in Mingyu and Wonwoo’s apartment more specifically the guest room which became Wonwoo’s art studio.

“I feel bad for Mingyu, I can’t cook, he must have been eating preservatives meal and here am I always waking up to the breakfast Mingyu had made every morning, why can’t I wake up earlier to catch him!” Wonwoo complains as he hits the empty canvas with his brush.

“You’ll see him soon.” Soonyoung tried but failed. Wonwoo sulks the entire day of their 2000th day together.

 

 

 

The next week still no sign of Mingyu, Wonwoo was walking at the students’ lounge corridor when a certain poster post in the bulletin catches his attention.

“The beauty of the Nightingale

Starring:

Kim Mingyu as the king

Yoon Jeonghan as the sweet human form of the nightingale”


If there is one thing Wonwoo hates in his relationship with Mingyu, it’s his best friend Yoon Jeonghan. The guy was a beauty he knew it. Tones of guys had thrown themselves to Jeonghan’s feet soon as they found out he was gay. He used to have a long blonde hair now he cut it into a bob black hair. He still looks good he admits. But what is more irritating is that Jeonghan is being clingy to Mingyu. Too clingy to the point he used to join them in their date until Wonwoo finally snaps at it and warned Mingyu if Jeonghan joins their date one more time he will break up with him.

Wonwoo remembered Mingyu told him that the play will be starring Jeonghan and Seungcheol not him! What happened to Jeonghan’s boy toy (Boyfriend)? He quickly fishes his phone and search for Mingyu’s name and called him.

 

“Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo said soon as he heard his call being accepted.

“Hey babe, I miss you look I’m still busy can we talk later?” Wonwoo was a bit hurt; did Mingyu just brush him off?!

“Ok good luck on your and Jeonghan’s play I see you were promoted as an actor instead of a director. Goodbye.” Wonwoo was about to cut off when Mingyu suddenly shouts in the phone startling him a bit.

“Jeonghan and Seungcheol broke up. Jeonghan was too hurt he doesn’t want to act, so I told him I’ll do it instead!” Mingyu explained but heard no reaction. This is bad.

“You, offered yourself instead?! Are you crazy?! That guy likes you and you know how jealous I am when it comes to that guy!” Wonwoo heard Mingyu sighed on the other line, why can’t Mingyu understand him; obviously Jeonghan has a thing for him! If he didn’t he wouldn’t be calling Mingyu every night knowing he has a boyfriend or even ask his ing boyfriend out for a ing drink!

“Mingyu!”

“Sorry Wonwoo you didn’t heard me complaining when you accepted the offer being the model for your art class right?”

“But that’s different!” Wonwoo retorted but Mingyu gave him a load groan from the other line.”

“You were ing Wonwoo! Only a red silk cloth covered your lower half.”

“But that was for my major, my class!”

“This too, is for the class my major, my big project, stop being childish.” With that Mingyu hang up and Wonwoo couldn’t believe it. Mingyu his sweet boyfriend who never raise his voice on him just did and called him childish.

Wonwoo takes the paper pinned on the bulletin and tears it into pieces then throwing it on the ground not caring how the students around him looks at him weirdly and started whispering, he storms out of the corridor and went straight home.

 

 

Mingyu looks at his phone, maybe he overdid it, he called Wonwoo childish but the problem is he forgot how insecure Wonwoo is on everything! he just thrown his stress on his boyfriend he needs to fix this.

“Mingyu can I ask you a favor?” Mingyu stops staring at his phone and looks at his bestfriend.

“What is it Jeonghan?” Jeonghan gave him a short smile.

“Can I stay at your apartment for a while?” Mingyu was about to reject it knowing the things around him and Wonwoo are not in good terms right now but Jeonghan’s shoulder suddenly shakes at he starts crying. Mingyu suddenly stands up and hug Jeonghan, if Wonwoo was on Jeonghan’s foot the other will know how hard it was for Jeonghan knowing his boyfriend cheated on him.

“Sure, I’ll take to Wonwoo about this.”

 

 

“So tell me again why the hell are you here, with redden eyes and a duffle bag.” Junhui asked as he placed a cup of hot chocolate in front of Wonwoo who was sitting on the couch and spacing out.

 “We had a fight I don’t want to see him right now.” Wonwoo speaks as he blows the hot chocolate and takes a sip of it.

“And you know Mingyu hates me and might actually punch me knowing you’re here with me.” Junhui says as he takes the empty space beside Wonwoo and look at his ex.

“Soonyoung will tell Mingyu that I’m at his place his I go there.”

“So you don’t want Mingyu to find you?” Wonwoo nodded and Junhui sighs, this is a big problem.

Wonwoo and him used to date but that was just because of boredom. He Soonyoung and Wonwoo are close and Jun has to admit he really fell for Wonwoo but that is until they dated for six months and Wonwoo says that he really can’t see Junhui as a lover because he’s more like a brother to him. Ouch, too much for a drama they broke up and remain as friends, one thing he likes about Wonwoo they didn’t have this break up awkwardness but Wonwoo treated him the same. When Mingyu started hanging out with them as he claims that Wonwoo will be his, he saw Wonwoo laughs and shakes his head. That is where he realized maybe Wonwoo broke up with him because he likes someone else already. After a year of chasing Mingyu finally earned Wonwoo’s approval about them dating and of course, there is no secrets between lovers. Wonwoo told Mingyu everything by everything means he told that Junhui and Soonyoung are his only friends and that he tried dating Junhui for six months because Wonwoo wanted to experience love. And that is how Mingyu is being cautious with him. Mingyu is afraid Junhui might take Wonwoo back because he has an advantage knowing Wonwoo will choose him because they are close friend.

Of course in friendship it means no secrets too, Wonwoo told Junhui everything including how Wonwoo wanted to kill Jeonghan when he saw Mingyu’s phone after they made love, Jeonghan texted Mingyu asking him to go to his apartment and have a drink because his yet another boyfriend left him.

 “As much as I wanted to say thank you to you because you think I’m trust worthy than Soonyoung Wonwoo you have to go back, Mingyu doesn’t like me being around you, he thinks I still like you.” Wonwoo finally looks at Jun who was staring at him with serious face.

“Mingyu can be like this to Jeonghan but not me? He knows you’re my bestfriend Jun.”

“But Mingyu also knows I liked you.”

“Let him be I’m not going out!” Wonwoo finishes his cup of hot chocolate and wraps the blanket Jun gave him earlier around himself.

“Just for tonight then, got it?” Junhui smiles as Wonwoo gave him a nod.

 

 

That same night Mingyu went home with Jeonghan following behind him. It was weird the house was still dark usually Wonwoo will be home already. He glances at his wrist watch before opening the door. 8:00PM Wonwoo should be at least sketching around this time and the door is lock. Mingyu quickly look for his spare key and open the door, he throws his bag on the floor soon as he got inside, and the place was cold, no sign of a person sketching or painting.

“Wonwoo?” Mingyu called out but only silence was given to him. He curses under his breath and went to every room of the house, Wonwoo’s studio, their room, the bathroom but Wonwoo wasn’t there. Wonwoo’s not home.

“Mingyu?” Jeonghan called him after seeing his friend falls on the couch with worried face.

“Oh god Jeonghan, Wonwoo’s not here and the last thing I did to him is threw my stress. What have I done?”

“Maybe he’s at his friends’ house.”Jeonghan says as takes a sit beside Mingyu and hold his hand that was turned into a fist.

“You’re right, Soonyoung didn’t say anything about Wonwoo being missing and Wonwoo’s canvas is still here.” Mingyu sighs but then he grabs his phone and texted Wonwoo and Soonyoung.

To: Wonuwu

Babe, I’m sorry are you at Soonyoung’s? Please go back home tomorrow I’m here let’s talk.

To: Soonyoung

Soonyoung is Wonwoo there? Please tell him I’m sorry, and please ask him to go home t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter