He's the One

He Is
Please log in to read the full chapter

Aerin was casually working the counter as she was arranging a bouquet of white carnations for a client that would be picking it up in less than an hour. She heard the door's bells chimed and looked up to greet the customer with a cheerful expression.

"Hello. Welcome to Inspirit Petals. Is there anything I can help you with?"

The female customer smiled, but shook her head before browsing around. Aerin went back to what she was doing and had just put the finishing touch to the bouquet with a bright smile when the door chimed once more. She repeated her greeting as the male walked up to the counter.

"Hi. I'm the one that's supposed to pick up a flower arrangement for Lee Taehyun."

"Oh, so you're not Lee Taehyun?"

"No. I'm his brother-in-law, Kim Sunggyu. Is that fine?"

"Yeah, I just need you to sign that you've picked them up for confirmation purposes."

"Okay."

Aerin went to the computer to pull up the file before turning it around for Sunggyu to sign.

"Just need your signature right here and you'll be on your way."

Sunggyu viewed the contents before using his index finger to sign his name. Aerin took the computer back and finished the rest up to print out a receipt. While it did that, she bundled up the bouquet and handed both items to Sunggyu.

"There you go. Have a wonderful day."

"Thanks." Sunggyu paused before leaving and looked at the bouquet. "These are white carnations, right?"

"Yes they are." Aerin smiled with a nod.

"Are you sure?" Sunggyu questioned as he looked from the female and the flowers.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"No, but seriously. These are white carnations, right?"

"Yes. Mr. Lee wanted something that was pure also for good luck. They mean Woman's Good Luck Gift and Pure Love."

"Well, it's for my sister and I don't want to give her the wrong flowers. Can you double check?"

"Seriously? No, I'm not sure and am totally wrong. That's why I'm working at a flower shop owned by my father for the past twenty-something years." Aerin replied in a sarcastic tone, but her face remained aloof.

Sunggyu eyed her, but realized he was making a fool of himself. He gave her a nod and left shortly afterwards.

"Wow, what a prick. Hate when people do that." Aerin muttered as she sat on the high stool and played on the computer since the previous customer from before had left when Sunggyu had entered.

The next time Aerin saw Sunggyu again was a few weeks later at the flower shop again, but she had no recollection of their encounter as it wasn't important for her to remember someone that gave her a bad impression.

"Hello. Welcome to Inspirit Petals. How may I help you?"

She greeted seeing the male customer looking a bit flustered as he ran a hand through his hair. She watched him a moment longer, but Aerin assumed he didn't hear her and so she just went back to t the white stargazer lilies for another client to pick up later today.

"I'll take an order of those." Sunggyu said as he pointed to the vase of the white stargazer lilies.

Aerin shot him a look with a raised eyebrow. "Do you even know what these symbolizes?"

"Does it matter? It looks nice. I'll take it."

"They represent sympathy. Are you sorry for something?"

"No. Why would I be? My friend is about to propose to his long-term girlfriend and I'm in charge of picking up the flowers."

Aerin mentally rolled her eyes as she moved the stargazer off to the side and headed towards the back. Sunggyu frowned as he watched the female go to the back and later returned with another white flower.

"Here we go. These are orange blossoms and would work better for your friend's occasion than those." Aerin said while motioning her head to the stargazers. "They represent Eternal Love as well as Marriage and Fruitfulness."

"Are you sure I can't use the other one?" Sunggyu asked pointing at the white stargazer lilies. "I think they look prettier."

"I'm positive that you don't want to use the other one."

"Are you sure?"

"No. I don't know anything. I would love to send you off giving those stargazers to your friend to give to his future fiancee and for the wedding to never happen in the end." Aerin replied sarcastically with a bored expression.

Sunggyu regarded her a bit before slowly speaking again. "Is that supposed to be funny?"

Aerin actually rolled her eyes this time. "No. So do you want the orange blossoms or not?"

"Well, since the other bouquet for my brother-in-law was perfect and correct, I'll trust your judgement." He smiled at her and Aerin was caught off guard by his attractive smile. "Um, yeah, you're welcome. I'll, be back."

Please log in to read the full chapter