Chapter 4

Justice

  It was a whole week later. A week, meaning: today's day two of the trial. Sehun put on his suit and straightened his tie. He styled his hair correctly, and straightened jacket. He looked to the side, seeing Luhan looking all boss.

tumblr_oi0eeshcV91s0rhu3o1_500.png

"Sehun, remember, let me do the talking. I know what I want to be done, and I will call on you if I need you. With anything, you'll know something good to say." Luhan was looking directly into Sehun's eyes. "Just because you're my friend, doesn't mean that you're going to win my vote. I think you're not guilty, but I also am not looking at the big picture. So, when I ask you questions, don't take it personal, okay?" Luhan explained himself.

  Sehun nodded.

"I don't want business to get between us." Luhan said as he took off the friendship bangle they both have on. "So, let's leave our feelings here." Luhan took Sehun's wrist and took the identical bangle off.

  Sehun nodded.

  They ordered a taxi to come pick them up. The driver drives them to the court house. They take their seats and await the trial.

  Luhan saw Baekhyun and his attorney walk in. Luhan stood up and gave a surprised, yet mad, expression.

"Kim Jongin." Luhan spoke, seeing the man.

ea0398363855f48e1f1daf0a85902b9d--boy-celebrities-kim-jongin.jpg

"Oh! Luhan! Long time no see!" Jongin came over.

  Luhan gritted his teeth. "Lu-Lu, don't look too mad for the case. I'm sure you'll lose, but that's nothing to be too mad over." Jongin gave a million dollar smile.

  Jongin walked back over to Baekhyun.

"Luhan, you know him?" Sehun asked.

"Yes, he was my.. dorm mate.." Luhan replied, looking down at the desk. "Anyway, he's a jerk and he'll do anything to get his way. You watch, he's probably broken the law several times today, and the court isn't even in session." Luhan snickered.

  Evident fire was blazing from Luhan's aura. It was strong, hurtful, and intoxicating. Sehun stood up and walked Luhan out of the court room and to an empty hall way.

"Are you okay Luhan?" Sehun asked, putting Luhan against the wall with on of his hands beside Luhan's head.

"I'm fine Sehun.." Luhan averted his eyes.

  With his free hand, Sehun lifted Luhan's chin, making them have eye contact. Sehun leaned in closer, making them feel each other's breath on their lips. Luhan's eyelids relax as all tension left his body. He relaxed in Sehun's new hold: Sehun put his arm around Luhan's waist, his other hand still tilting Luhan's chin up.

  Sehun leans closer, connecting their lips. Luhan's body grows numb as the other's lips secure his.

  Sehun pulled away after a minute passes. "Sorry.. I-" Sehun stuttered before Luhan captured his lips. It was a shorter kiss.

"Sehun.. Let's go back now." Luhan said as he looked up at Sehun.

  Sehun nodded.

  They walked back into the court room, and awaited the judge.

"Mr. Kim, speak to Mr. Oh first." The Judge stated before sipping on his coffee.

"Mr. Oh," Jongin began, "last week, you said that you had in fact, painted the Statue of Liberty while being in New York. We came with the idea that you could have painted Mr. Byun's painting in a week." Jongin reviewed the facts he gathered. "You said that it could take you a week at the very least to paint something with that stature, and Chanyeol did provide a picture."

"Objection." Luhan said.

  The judge handed the floor to Luhan.

"If that is true, that Sehun painted this painting in under a week, we can tell." Luhan spoke, gaining the interest of the Judge and jury. "I have here an art appraiser." The Judge let her speak after she took the oath.

"With new technology as of last year, we can determine when a piece of canvas has been painted on. By dipping it in a compound, it has different textures. This can only be tested within a month of painting." She spoke. "The results confirm that this canvas was painted on at least three weeks ago."

"Miss Choi, you also tested the noticeable 'spot' on the painting, did you not?" Luhan asked.

"Yes, I did, it dates to about a week and a half ago."

"That is all, your Honor." Luhan bowed and sat back down.

  The judge looked intrigued. He looked over at Jongin.

"I'd like to question this appraiser." Jongin spoke. The judge allowed.

"When you tested this out, how much of the painting did you test?" Jongin asked.

"Three quarters, and the spot on the face."

"So, the painting is ruined now."

  She looked down and to the side. "Yes."

"That is all, your Honor." Jongin spoke.

  Luhan silently dropped his pen on the desk. He knew he was defeated.

"What does that mean, Luhan?" Sehun whispered.

"I will not take Luhan's testimony today, because he ruined a large portion of the evidence. However, the Jury will decide on whether or not we will accept the timed evidence to be a part of further speech. The court will come back in two weeks." The Judge slammed his gabble on the wood.

  Luhan walked out of the room and down the same hall that Sehun and he were in. He slumped against the wall and slid down to the floor. Not once, not once has he felt so defeated. Yes, time is important, but evidence is... He started pulling his hair, but someone grabbed his hand.

"Lu-Lu, I'm not on Byun's side, you know that." He heard Jongin speak. He looked up at Jongin. "I'm just here to get that guy to go either to jail or back home. Just like you." Jongin explained.

"Lu, you once told me 'I don't want business to get between us, let's leave our feelings here'." Jongin recited before he chuckled. "But a few years ago, we had a case, and were opposing each other." Jongin sat down against the wall next to Luhan.

"I won, making a guilty man free. You argued with me, cursed at me.. threw our bangles against the chandelier." Jongin spoke.

  Meanwhile, Sehun happened to follow Luhan, but not too closely behind. He was listening behind the wall.

  Jongin let out a sigh. "You're going to do the same thing to Sehun. You're going to break his heart." Jongin stood up and picked Luhan up by the collar.

"And when that happens," Jongin smirked before dropping Luhan, "I will be there, to laugh in your face."



  Luhan hung his head low like he got beat up. "And don't you think for a moment, that Mr. Oh doesn't have feelings for you. I saw his reaction when I called you your pet name." Jongin smirked. "Lu~lu~Lu~lu~" Jongin sang.

"That's enough!!" Sehun shouted, coming around the corner.

 


I just wanna say, thank you all so much for reading and subscribing.  It really makes my mornings when I see so many views and new subscribers!  I get a huge smile when I see your lovely comments.  I just can't thank you enough.  This is chapter four, there will be one more plus an epilogue.  I hope you all have been enjoying the story, and will enjoy the ending. 

Thank you!