Everyday

A Song of Love

 

 

A horribly annoying sound could be heard within the small apartment. The strident piping noise was as irritating as a melody could be. The source of the tune was clearly the bedroom,  the alarm clock could even be heard in the kitchen. Yet, Sunggyu who was sleeping soundly seemed to not notice the sound- despite the clock being right next to his head. Sunggyu was having a sweet dream, but at some point, he was questioning himself what this strange noise was that was interruption his wonderful dream of love and peace.


Then it suddenly hit him, and he turned his head in the speed of the light. He slammed his hand on the alarm clock to turn it off, now that he was awake its tune seriously hurt his ears.


„Ouch,“ he mumbled while rubbing his hand- he wasn‘t the strongest, but sometimes his strength was fairly enough to hurt himself.
After a quick look at the clock, all the pain he was feeling was immediately forgotten.
The clock read 7:50 and he started work at 8.

„Oh my god!“, Sunggyu exclaimed and jumped out of his bed, grabbing just about any piece of clothing which was lying around and put it on while hysterically running through his small apartment.


„Shoot, I‘ll be so late!“, he whined right before he grabbed his briefcase - hoping he had put in everything he would need for todays‘ lessons the night before- and ran out of his apartment. He seriously hated running, but he couldn‘t help it. Fortunately, his workplace was a mere five-minute walk away from his home.
As soon as he had reached the school building he opened the door with a big swing and ran up the stairs, taking two stairs at a time; breathing as heavily as if he had run a marathon. One thing can be said for sure, Sunggyu was out of shape.


While desperately running up the stairs while looking at his watch the inevitable had to happen.
I can make it, I can make it! I still have about a minute before I‘m too late and get into serious trouble with the principal. Why can‘t I wake up on time?! Why do I love sleeping so much?!, Sunggyu thought right before his hit the cold floor.


Today had been just as any other day for Woohyun. He woke up on time, drank a cup of coffee and enjoyed a small breakfast before he made his way to his workplace. Woohyun loved his job- he was able to work with his passion. His passion was music, even as a child he knew that he wanted to work with music and despite all the negative feedback that he had received during his school days, he does work with ít today. He is a passionate music teacher, specialized in vocal training and piano lessons and is employed at a private music school which shares its building with a cram school.
Woohyun likes teaching, likes his co-workers and likes his students. His work life was perfect, his love life, on the other hand, was definitely not. After he was dumped by his -nasty- girlfriend he has lost all hope in love. He has decided to let fate play its part, maybe something good would happen at some point, maybe not - who knows.

Woohyun had already greeted his students and handed out a few papers for them to read even though it was not even eight o‘clock yet. Since it was still so early, he decided to go to the bathroom before his long day of teaching would begin. He entered the staircase, but his walk was harshly interrupted as he was knocked down and then hit with an uncountable amount of worksheets.

„What the hell?“ he asked rather annoyed and looked up to the person who crashed into him. He had never seen this person before, but he was pretty sure that he wasn‘t a student but a teacher- briefcase and all, no student walks around with such an old-fashioned thing.
Woohyun mustered the young looking man from head to toe, he was wearing a very strange combo of heavily oversized dress-shirt and cardigan in combination with great fitting jeans, but who in their right mind would mix these colors? His hair was dusty grey and looked really fluffy yet unkempt. His face was certainly beautiful, despite the unfashionable thick-framed glasses and his fingers were really long and pointy, Woohyun noticed as he saw the other panicky collecting all the sheets that had scattered all over the place. However, before Woohyun could even say another thing, the other had already left him and hurried up the stairs.
„Just what the hell was that?,“ Woohyun asked himself irritated and looked up the stairs which the other teacher had taken.
„I‘m fine, no need to ask. It didn‘t hurt at all when you knocked me down, no problem. Oh and nice to meet you, I‘m Woohyun!,“ he hissed and presided to walk to the bathroom. He had a lesson to attend after all. Only later did he notice that his nameplate was accidentally taken by a certain someone.


Heavily breathing, sweaty and with a guilty conscience did Sunggyu manage to get to his classroom - late, but at least he was earlier than expected. He placed his briefcase on his desk and immediately all the papers he had prior stuffed in scattered, yet again, on the floor.
„Goddamit,“ Sunggyu sighed irritated and kneeled down picking them up again. I‘m such an , poor guy. I didn‘t even apologize, I was never this rude before in my whole life. Sunggyu sighed again, lost in thoughts. He was feeling so bad for his behavior earlier, it‘s one thing to accidentally knock somebody down, but it‘s an entirely different story to just leave without helping the other up or even apologizing.
I seriously have to apologize to him….but I have never seen this guy before. How am I supposed to find him? God, Sunggyu. He whined internally and placed his hands on his head thinking what to do next. He couldn‘t leave things as they were. The teacher was so inside of his own world that he was surprised as somebody called out to him.
„Are you okay Mr. Kim?“, a student of him asked sincerely and he immediately stood up and placed the mountain of papers on his desk.
„Yes, of course, everything is just fine,“ Sunggyu explained after clearing his dry throat. „Are you sure?“, she asked and mustered him from head to toe and Sunggyu could already hear somebody laugh. „Ah, yes why?“, he asked suspiciously and looked at his students which couldn‘t help themselves but grin. „Please check yourself in the mirror,“ the whole class laughed and he tilted his head a bit, but still left for the bathroom to have a look at himself.

Looking in the mirror he couldn‘t believe his eyes- messy hair, red skinny jeans, oversized worn-out pink cardigan, a yellow dress- which was way too big. „How the hell do I look, oh my God, how the hell did I not notice that I grabbed this horrible stuff?!“ Sunggyu was flabbergasted by his own stupidity and cursed himself for waking up so late. He made his way back to his class with his head hanging in shame.
As soon as he reentered the classroom another student walked up to him and surprisingly handed him something. „This was still on the floor, you must have overlooked it while collecting the papers,“ the girl explained and handed him a small nametag on which „NAM WOOHYUN- WOOLLIM“ was written in capitals. He eyed the nametag and asked himself where it came from. Then it hit him. This MUST be from the guy! Now I know his name! He‘s also a teacher, but seemingly from the music school next door!, Sunggyu was super happy and already thought about a good way to approach the other man. In the end, he thought it was the best to simply go with the pretext of returning the name tack and apologizing.


The school day was unexpectedly quickly over and Sunggyu made his way to the other end of the building which was exclusively used for the Woollim Music School. The cram teacher would have loved to change before approaching the other teacher, but he was afraid that he would maybe miss him and he wanted to apologize today- he would never be able to sleep without doing so. Woooowww, a private school is really something, Sunggyu thought as he walked around the building looking for the reception desk. The school was beautifully and skillfully decorated and a pleasant floral scent was everywhere.

“Good afternoon, is a certain Nam Woohyun still within the school premises?”, he asked the young blond man behind the counter after he had finally found the reception. Good thing that they had signs at nearly every other corner, without, he would have never found it.
“Sorry Sir, but who are you? Is your child maybe one of our students?”, the receptionist looked at Sunggyu with suspicious eyes and his overly colorful outfit wasn’t really a help.
“Oh no, I’m a teacher of the Infinite Cram School,” he explained, however, this wasn’t much of a help.
“Okay, and what do you need from one of our teachers?”, he asked and one of his eyebrows rose.
“I..I have his nameplate and want to return it,” his eyes got bigger and Sunggyu immediately realized that his answer hadn’t been the best.
“Ah, please take a seat in the lobby. I will look for Mr. Nam and will tell him that a Mr., sorry what is your name?” “Kim Sunggyu”, “Okay thank you, I will tell him that a Mr. Kim Sunggyu is waiting for him. Please excuse me.”, he said and shortly after disappeared behind a door which probably led to the many classrooms.


“Woohyun-ahhhh!”, the receptionist, Sungjong, screamed while walking down the corridor. “Yah! Sungjong stop being so impolite! I keep on telling you to call me Mr. Nam while being in school!” the other shouted, leaving a classroom he was in only moments ago. This always works, Sungjong snickered.  “What’s wrong Jongie? Why are you not at the reception desk?”, Woohyun asked him concerned. “Yeah you know, I was just doing my job, just as always, and then a suuuppperrr flashy clothed dude came asking for you. Woohyun can you believe it, he wears yellow, pink and red all in one look. Does he not have eyes? This is one of the tiest looks I have ever seen!”, the blond exclaimed and looked at Woohyun shaking his head. “Do you know such a person?!” “Yes! I know him! He was the one who knocked me down and then ran away! What does he want?”, Woohyun was getting more and more exciting as Sungjong was telling him how awkward the other had approached him. “ And so you see, he has your nameplate and his name is, oh, Sung- something. Sorry, I forgot,” Sungjong faked a laughed scratched his head, but Woohyun was gone anyways.
“Why did I even bother”, Sungjong rolled his eyes and walked back to his desk.

I didn’t lose my nameplate, at least something good!, Woohyun thought happily and entered the lobby. His eyes immediately landed on the nervous-looking man. He was so busy looking at his own hands that he didn’t notice Woohyun’s presence, therefore the other made himself comfortable next to him. Slightly hoping he could scar this Sung-something.
“Hi, you were looking for me,” Woohyun made himself known with a loud voice and a grin on his face after the other had flinched surprised.
“Oh yes, I was indeed… I, I …,” Sunggyu was so nervous he wasn’t even sure why. Maybe it was because of the stunning looks of Woohyun. The other man was just his thing. Good-looking, immersing eyes, gorgeous smile, great fashion sense and nice build. Sunggyu had to swallow a bit and his throat got as dry as the Sahara when he remembered how he looked today- just like a freaking clown.


“You?” Woohyun asked a little bit excited and looked at the still awfully nervous teacher. He wasn’t even mad anymore, in the morning he could have grabbed him by the collar and shook him around for not apologizing, but this awkward person was somewhat cute in Woohyun’s opinion.
“I …Do you li-like tea?” Sunggyu blurred out and wanted to slap himself, he was here to apologize! Why is it so difficult today?
Woohyun couldn’t hold his laughter after the awkwardly asked question which seemed so out of context that it was not even from this world. A few tears had already formed in his eyes from laughing, but he nodded anyway. Making the other blush.
“Haha yes, you wanna have one? Ah, come on let’s just get one. I’m Nam Woohyun by the way, but I guess you know that much already since you still have my nametag,” Woohyun grinned and helped the other stand up. Sunggyu was deeply blushing by now. “Ah y-yes I have it and I’m so sorry about this morning!” Sunggyu finally managed to say, rather scream, and bowed in perfect 90° making Woohyun laugh again. Sunggyu put his hand inside of his cardigan pocket and pulled the little nameplate out and instantly handed it to its original owner. Bowing yet again.
“It’s okay, it’s okay, no more bowing. I’m not mad. So what is your name? Our receptionist is a good-for-nothing,” the music teacher mumbled the last part in order to avoid any fight with his friend Sungjong but made Sunggyu smile anyway.
“Kim Sunggyu! I’m a cram school teacher,” Sunggyu smiled happily. What a beautiful 
smile, Woohyun thought and couldn’t help but smile as well.

“Let’s go and grab a tea! It’s on me,” Woohyun exclaimed cheerfully before leaving the school building together with Sunggyu. Shortly after he turned around and looked at the other, having an internal fight whether to ask the other about his style or not. In the end, he couldn’t keep it in.
“Just a quick question though,”Woohyun began, waving at Sunggyu to catch up with him so the two of them were walking next to each other. “Do you always dress this ..uhm.. colorful? Don’t misunderstand me! It’s a little weird combination, but you still look good in it!”, maybe that question wasn’t an ideal icebreaker. Unexpectedly enough, the older started laughing whole-heartily and shook his head cutely. “No definitely not, I was in a rush- please believe me,” Sunggyu laughed, but his cheeks, nevertheless, were tainted in a rosy pink shade. Today started off as a disaster, but maybe everything was fate?

 

♡♡--------♡♡

 Woohyun was fidgety walking around in his apartment. He was so nervous and just sitting around wasn’t an option for him. Today was finally the day he has been looking forward to. Today was the day of his perfectly planned date. He had been putting all his hope into fate leading him to the right partner and here we are. Never did he expected fate turning out like this, but who cares. He was already in love and this was all that mattered. Sunggyu has stolen his heart.

He couldn’t quite recall when this feeling for the older cram school teacher started to flourish. Maybe it was love at first sight, maybe it was during their first real talk over a cup of freshly brewed tea, or maybe it was during all these times they meet as mere friends. Within only months he and the at times awkward, yet indescribable cute Sunggyu became friends. Woohyun enjoyed every minute he could spend with his older friend. But at some point, his feelings were reaching a certain level in which he could not suppress them anymore. He needed to tell him.

Then one day Woohyun braced himself for any outcome which would follow his confession. He straight out told Sunggyu that he was feeling more than just friendship for the older man and that he would love to go on a real date with him - for Woohyun all of their meetups have been little dates, but now he wanted to do a real one, or 10, he is open for everything.

He wasn’t sure how Sunggyu would react. He did hope the other wouldn’t reject him, yet he was prepared for everything. But Sunggyu was smiling with a light blush on his angelic face and nodded shyly - Woohyun had never been this happy in his life.


His personal d-day has finally arrived. He wanted to surprise Sunggyu with a perfect day. Never did Woohyun really plan a date, but for this date he actually did - he was that much in love with the other.

“One: get Sunggyu’s favorite flowers and strawberries covered in chocolate,two: get into car and catch Sunggyu from his house, three: drive to the little cinema Sunggyu had mentioned wanting to check out, four: watch whatever movie he likes to watch, five: go to one of Sunggyu’s favorite restaurants, six: take a walk through moonlit park, seven: successfully wrap up and take him home again,” Woohyun read his plan out loud. Never did he wrote down something like this, but this time around he just needed a written version of today’s agenda.

His day had already been filled with Skype calls with his fashionista friend Sungjong. He couldn’t decide on what to wear and hoped the other could help him. Sungjong wasn’t that much of a help. Even after an hour of talking Woohyun was still clueless about what to wear.

Woohyun stood in front of his closet, staring holes into it. “Gooooddddd, I’m not a girl. Why can’t I decide on what to wear?! You know what, I just wear black, black is always good….. But what if I end up looking too gloomy?” he was so frustrated by now. Eventually, he settled for something chick and stylish: ripped black jeans, a nice belt, a white dress shirt with black print on it and nice grey shoes matching his scarf as well as the hair color of his beloved.


Woohyun grabbed his wallet and left his warm and cozy apartment in order to execute step one, get flowers and choco-berries. It was surprisingly cold and windy for an early fall Saturday and Woohyun mentally noted that he should bring another jacket with him - Sunggyu is pretty likely to be wearing something way to thin for this low temperatures.

Woohyun quickly crossed the street and right before he went into his favorite flower shop which was owned by one of his friends, Dongwoo, he saw a single magpie flying* right over the shop. Oh no, please don’t! Where is the second one?! Woohyun stared up the sky looking out for another magpie, but of course, there was no. C’mon you guys! You lads should come in a pack! You are birds! Gooodddd dammmnnnnn. Woohyun brought his hands up to his face and signed loudly. “Please, please don’t ruin everything. Pllleassseeee. I don’t care if tomorrow is a crappy day, but please let today be great. Don’t do it for my sake, but do it for Sunggyu’s sake,” he whispered into his hands whistle shaking his head. Woohyun wasn’t really a superstitious person, however, his mother was. He never took any of her bad luck speeches to heart. Yet, this saying was something he believed in and feared. One magpie means bad luck, two, on the other hand, bring good luck. There was a way to keep the bad luck from ruining your day, but Woohyun didn’t know what to do - his mother never unraveled this secret for him.

“Man, what are you doing? You look like a real creep right in front of my store…,” Dongwoo laughed his trademark laugh - loud, cheerful and addicting. “What’s wrong? I thought today is THE day?” Dongwoo signed the other to follow him into the store and Woohyun went along. “I only saw one bloody bird. Why today?” “Dude please, magpies are only birds. They don’t bring bad luck. Stop this. Don’t make yourself crazy. Everything is going to turn out great, you are just nervous. So what brings you here?” Woohyun wanted to keep on stressing on the magpie issue, but he knew the flouriest would kill him with one of his amazingly sharp scissors - his life was too precious to be wasted over something like this.

 “I need a flower.” “Woooowww say what, never thought you would need flowers, standing in a flower shop and everything,” Dongwoo laughed and placed a hand on his stomach, which already hurt from laughing too much. Woohyun’s displeased facial expression was just too amusing. “Dongggwoooo stop. Don’t tease me. You know I’m nervous.” “ I know I’m sorry. Anyways, so what type of flower would you like? Rose? Tulip? Magnolia?”
 “Do you have daffodils?”

“Hyun, it’s fall…I’m sorry, I only have them in spring.”

“Oh, okay, I see, what kind of flower would you recommend then? I only know that he likes these.”

“How about a rose? Basic, yet beautiful.”

“Okay, I guess," Woohyun agreed, but wasn't happy. “C’mon Hyun, I’m sorry. But daffodils only grow during spring. Roses are also beautiful flowers, I’m sure he’ll love it. What color would you like?”

“ Do you have yellow once?” he asked and hoped to at least get something in the color of a daffodil.“ I do have them, but I wouldn’t recommend yellow. A yellow rose screams 'friend zone', you don’t want to stay in the friend zone, do you?”

“Okay, okay, got it. You do it. Choose what is nice and doesn’t have a negative meaning Mr. Language of Flowers Expert,” Woohyun snorted. 10 minutes later he left the store with a nice white- red rose.


He spent the next two hours on finding chocolate covered strawberries, at some point he was absolutely okay with only strawberries. But no supermarket or whatsoever had them. Woohyun couldn’t believe it. As desperate as he was, he settled for a bag of gummy candy strawberries in the end. Better than nothing, he thought.

Time went by in a blink of an eye and it was almost time to pick up Sunggyu. Since Woohyun wanted to be early rather than late he already walked to his car. Only to notice minutes later that he wouldn’t be able to drive anywhere today. The tires of his car were cut. Someone had nothing better to do as to slice his tires. Woohyun felt like crying.
Okay, no need to panic. I’m still in time. I just gonna catch a taxi and everything will be fine, Woohyun told himself stressed and went to the main street looking out for the next best taxi. Just as his bad luck wanted it, it took 15 minutes until a taxi finally crossed his line of vision. He waved the driver and shortly after entered the yellow car. He told the driver Sunggyu’s address and reached his destination within 30 minutes instead of the usual 15.

He was five minutes late and felt the desire to slap himself.

He told the taxi driver to wait just a bit and that he would return within 10 minutes at most. The driver nodded and Woohyun literally ran for his life. Actually, he didn’t need to. His cram school teacher was already standing in front of the apartment complex he was living in. He looked stunning. Tight light-blue jeans, perfectly fitting white dress-shirt and an oversized light-blue cardigan. Woohyun fell once again for this beautiful person. And then Woohyun noticed the absence of the thick-framed glasses. Sunggyu must be wearing contact lenses, he had never seen the other without his glasses, and man, he looked gorgeous. But the older always looked gorgeous to Woohyun, he could be walking around with a paper bag and Woohyun would still fall for him.

“I am so sorry. I am so very sorry for having you wait for me.”Woohyun sincerely apologized while bowing in a 90° angle. “Woohyunnie~ It’s okay! I didn’t wait at all, I only came down 10 seconds ago. Stop bowing, let’s go,” Sunggyu grinned and a smile from Sunggyu was like heaven to Woohyun. “You look beautiful today, you even have contact lenses in. How come such a breath-taking person was willing to go on a date with me,” Woohyun handed him the rose and Sunggyu was quick to blush. “I..I don’t look weird?” “No you look perfect, but you always look perfect.” “Ahhh Woohyun stop, you make me blush…..but thank you,”the older whispered happily. Woohyun was thinking hard whether to take Sunggyu’s hand to lead him to the taxi or not. Is holding hands too much for a first date? His thoughts were interrupted as Sunggyu took his hand into his warm one and smile from one ear to another. “So what’s today’s plan?” “It’s a surprise, but it starts with a taxi drive~”

They walked towards the taxi and surprisingly enough it was still there. Woohyun was so sure the driver would fool him and drive away. Maybe today wouldn’t be such a “Bad luck day” as he originally thought.

It was just like Woohyun had feared: a “Bad luck day” in it’s worst form. The taxi driver wanted an extra fee of 30 dollars from Woohyun just of these 10 minutes of waiting in front of Sunggyu’s apartment. Woohyun was okay with that. But he certainly wasn’t okay with the disappointed look on his loved teacher as they were told that each and every cinema ticket was sold out.

Sure, It was a very small movie theater, but it had six movie rooms- Woohyun had checked their website in advance. As they arrived at the cinema the older’s eyes lit up and he looked at Woohyun with a blinding smile, showing off his white teeth. “You remembered this place?! I only mentioned it once!” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun with big eyes and pulled the later out of the taxi. Sunggyu was a big fan of old and cozy cinemas just as this one was. He loved movies in general. That’s why the grey-haired teacher couldn’t hide his excitement. They walked over to the counter and Sunggyu was about to ask Woohyun what he would like to watch, but couldn’t even voice his question. “You decide, I like every genre and I’m sure whichever movie you pick will be good,” the younger grinned and squeezed Sunggyu’s hand slightly. It was a lie though that he enjoyed every genre, but that wasn’t really important.

Sunggyu was thinking hard which movie to watch and ultimately wanted to watch a comedy. He loved Woohyun’s laugh and wanted to hear it. But it’s not like he had any kind of an intention of telling the younger about his reasoning.

The two skipped to the counter but were met with a horribly annoyed lady behind it. Sunggyu didn’t get the chance to ask her about the movie since the woman already started to talk. “We have no tickets left for today. Please come by another time.” Woohyun was horribly annoyed by her. “He didn’t even say the name of the movie he wants to watch. How can you know that there are no tickets left?” “I know because four out of five movie rooms are currently under restruction and the only operating one is already filled with people.” She explained and looked at Woohyun then at Sunggyu, saw their hands and rose one of her eyebrows, making Sunggyu unbelievable uncomfortable.

“Aha, how come it’s not written on your website? Why do you even bother having one to begin with? Oh, and please stop looking down on us, will ya…”, Woohyun felt the other tugging on his hand, signalizing to leave this place and Woohyun immediately followed his silent plea.

They left the cinema and Woohyun felt pessimistic. “I’m so sorry Gyu, what a great start,” he looked at him with dropping shoulders and Sunggyu only shook his head. “C’mon Hyunnie, we still have all night. I thought you mentioned a few stops on today’s plan~”, Sunggyu nudged Woohyun lovingly and a smile found it’s way back on Woohyun’s face.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry! I have a back-up just in case! But I won’t tell you what it is. Let’s grab a taxi,” the younger exclaimed happily and as soon as the taxi arrived he opened the door for Sunggyu, just like a proper gentleman. He told the taxi driver where he should take them and chatted during the whole drive. He asked Sunggyu about his day, what he had been up to all week and what his plans were for next week. As soon as one befriends with Sunggyu one noticed just how much of a chatter he actually is. His honey-sweet voice was something Woohyun couldn’t get enough of.

Once they arrived, Woohyun quickly paid the driver and opened the door for Sunggyu again. They were standing in front of a big aquarium. “An aquarium! It’s been years since I was at one! Ohhh Hyun, what a good choice,” Sunggyu grinned and they got themselves tickets. The two of them enjoyed the first half of the aquarium, looking at all the various fish types and the beautifully decorated water tanks. Woohyun was a big fan of seahorses and asked Sunggyu to pose in front of their tank.

He really wanted a new wallpaper for his phone and a picture of Sunggyu was the best wallpaper to ever exist. “Did you know that once a seahorse finds their partner they don’t leave each other anymore? And do you see their tale? They hold onto each other.” Woohyun explained and pointed to a seahorse pair. “That is so cute, they look very much in love.” “I’m pretty sure they are,” Woohyun smiled, love written all over his face as he was observing Sunggyu who was busy looking at the little creatures.

As mentioned before, they enjoyed the first part of the aquarium, but not the second. Since there was no second part to look at. Of all days they decided to clean half of the tanks today. Woohyun couldn’t believe it.

They left the aquarium and even though Woohyun started to question his every decision, Sunggyu seemed happy. And if Sunggyu was happy Woohyun was too. “Are you hungry?” Woohyun asked lovingly and Sunggyu nodded shyly. “I..I was too nervous to eat,” he admitted shyly. “Let’s have dinner~” Woohyun chipped and fortunately enough Sunggyu’s favorite restaurant was just around the corner. They walked slowly enjoying the moment while swinging their hands back and forth. It was childish, but Woohyun couldn’t hide his smile.

They reached the restaurant and a smile rose on Sunggyu’s face. “That’s my favorite restaurant, what a coincidence!” “It’s no coincidence, I just knew that you liked their food.” “Hyun, I’m so impressed! I think you know me better than I do myself!”Sunggyu exclaimed but got embarrassed right after making Woohyun chuckle. They entered the restaurant and everything looked good. There were still tables left and it smelled delicious inside.

In the end, they were literally thrown out by the restaurant’s manager. He explained that the restaurant was only open for “special guests” on a second thought, the people sitting in the restaurant looked a bit, a big bit, like gangsters.

Sunggyu immediately noticed Woohyun being disappointed. And he didn’t want this great man to stop smiling. “Do you know what I also really like to eat? Yup, corndogs. Let’s get some. The once which are covered in sugar! They are sold at the corner~ I think they’ll be even more delicious than any food a restaurant can offer.” Sunggyu intertwined their fingers and led his Woohyun to the stand he was talking about. Woohyun got them two corndogs and drinks and handed one of each to the teacher. “It’s been ages since I last ate one, thank you for treating me,”Sunggyu said sweetly and took a big bite. “Glad you like them, I used to eat them all the time while I was young,” Woohyun remembered and started to talk a bit about his past. Sunggyu was interested listening to his story, but at a point, the bottle of coke slipped out of his hands and fell on the ground. Woohyun immediately kneeled down to get the bottle and a loud tearing sound could be heard.

Oh no, please don’t….Woohyun handed Sunggyu his bottle before he carefully touched his . Just as he thought. His pants were ripped. “Did your pants just rip?” Sunggyu asked and tried hard to suppress his laugh. “Yup.” “Let me see.” Woohyun turned around and Sunggyu couldn’t keep himself from laughing out loud. He didn’t laugh because of the ripped pants but Woohyun’s underwear was just too funny. It was full of little hamsters. Sunggyu knew the pair of underwear since he was the one who bought it. It was a dare that Woohyun lost and Sunggyu was allowed to buy him the silliest thing that he could think of. He ended up settling for this funny pair of boxer shorts.

“I just love how you really wear it.” Sunggyu laughed and his laugh was just so addicting and infecting that Woohyun just had to laugh along with him. “Ya! Kim Sunggyu just wait! I’ll get you a matching one with little bunnies on it! Just wait!” “I’m absolutely looking forward to it, it will be our first couple item ever. And the most unique one of them all!” Even though Sunggyu was the one who said it, he ended up being as red as a tomato. He was head over heels for the younger and sometimes things just slipped out.

“Let’s take a walk in the park over there, “ Woohyun proposed to the still utterly embarrassed Sunggyu. Woohyun loved the thought of them having couple items, of them being a couple. Of waking up next to Sunggyu, of making the other breakfast every day and of giving him a good night kiss. Woohyun wanted him and Sunggyu to be like seahorses. Together forever. Always holding onto the other. Supporting each other, loving each other.

They took a walk in the moonlit park and for the first time, everything seemed to be just fine. “Are you okay? Walking around with your boxers being exposed and everything?” Sunggyu asked concerned. “Yup, no problem at all.” “ We can go home, that’s no problem,” Sunggyu proposed slowly, he definitely didn’t want to go home, but he didn’t want the other to feel uncomfortable. “No! Uh, I mean, no, let’s spend a bit more time together. I love your company and I don’t want the day to end this early,” Woohyun said earnestly and Sunggyu was beaming.

They walked a bit and then a bench was in their line of sight. They shared a quick look and without having to voice it, they agreed on taking a seat. Yet, before they were able to reach the bench, Woohyun felt something wet on his skin. At first, he thought it was rain. It wasn’t according to Sunggyu’s horrified look. Woohyun closed his eyes for a moment and opened them again. “What is it this time?” he asked the other who was busy looking for a tissue in his pocket. “They say it brings luck! Not as bad it seems, okay Woohyun!” Sunggyu stressed and Woohyun started shaking his head. “Did..did a bird just s*it on me?” he asked all serious and his serious tone made Sunggyu crack up. “Yes, I’m sorry. But it brings luck!” Sunggyu tried to make things a little better and used his tissue to clean Woohyun’s forehead. “Gyu, it only brings luck if people are hit on the shoulder. That freaking bird is rather bad at aiming.” “Okay, okay, I know you are right. But do you know what, you are still handsome even with bird s*it on your face.”

“Oh Gooodddd,” Woohyun whined and placed his both hands on his face, shaking his head. What did he do wrong to deserve this? He only wanted to spend a nice day with his Sunggyu. Nothing more nothing less. “Come on~ It’s not that bad. Let’s take a seat and chat a bit?” Sunggyu gently took the younger’s hands from his face and hold them in his own smaller once. A lovely and sincere smile was resting on his face and sparkles in his eyes. Woohyun nodded and they went to the bench. Sunggyu already took a seat and patted the spot next to him.

“I’ll get us something to drink, I’ll be back in less than five minutes!” Woohyun chirped after he had spotted a coffee shop which was only about 500 meters away. Sunggyu gave him a thumbs up and the younger dashed off.

“I love him so much,” Sunggyu looked at the younger hurrying to the coffee shop and a big smile made its way on his face. It was love at first sight. Woohyun was a dream of a man. He was kind, sweet, handsome, polite, courteous and a real gentleman. Sunggyu had actually already been satisfied as their friendship developed and got deeper as time passed. However, he was over the moon after his crush asked him for a date. A real date. Sunggyu couldn’t believe his own ears. He was so happy and even though today might be called a failure by out standers, he enjoyed every single second of it. He loved the thought that Woohyun had invested so much thought into this day. He fell more and more for the young handsome music teacher. If Sunggyu was thankful for something than it was for his encounter with Woohyun. He was so very sure that he has met his soul mate that day.

Woohyun entered the coffee shop, slightly out of breath. He went to the counter and wanted to order some iced Americano - Sunggyu's and his favorite coffee.

“Good evening, I’d like two iced Americano to go, please,” he told the pretty lady behind the counter with happiness in his voice.
“I’m sorry sir, we are out of coffee for today,” she said in an apologizing manner.
“Oh, okay. How about tea?”Woohyun asked her and she only shook her head.
“Juice?” She again shook her head and Woohyun got horribly irritated. “What kind of a coffee shop is this? Why do you even bother keeping the store open if you don’t have a single drink to sell?” he asked her, but left the store before she could say something.

Fortunately enough, a few vending machines were just around the corner. “I’ll get some coffee here. God, this is so lame but better than nothing, I guess.” He pressed the button for cold coffee on the machine twice and kneeled down to get the two cans only to be greeted with unbelievably hot coffee cans. “What is this?!” he breathed irritated and put both of the cans in his jacket pocket. “Screw this! I don’t want to keep Gyu waiting any longer.”

Back at the bench he handed the older a can and told him to be careful since it was really hot. “I didn’t know that you like hot coffee? And isn’t this one out of a vending machine?” Sunggyu asked curiously and titled his head cutely to the side. “Don’t ask,” he breathed and settled next to Sunggyu. “Thank you. I really like this brand,” Sunggyu grinned and got closer to Woohyun and ultimately put his head on the others broad shoulder. Thanks to their closeness Woohyun noticed how the older was slightly shaking, he was probably cold. He was wearing something way to light, Woohuyn was right.

“Just a second,” Woohyun told him and stood up taking Sunggyu by surprise. Woohyun took off his coat underneath which another jacket was hiding. He took off his second jacket and gently placed it around his favorite person in this world. He put his own coat on again and took a seat once again. Pulling Sunggyu close to him and put an arm securely around him, making the grey-haired smile fondly.  

They sat in silence enjoying each others warmth and closeness. At some point Woohyun remembered the strawberry gummies he still had in his pocket and pulled them out handing them to Sunggyu. The older’s face immediately lit up as he spotted the candies. “A snack for you.” “I love these! How did you know!” Sunggyu smiled and immediately placed one of the sweet treats in his mouth.

Woohyun loved seeing the other enjoy his food. On the other hand, Woohyun loved everything about the other and he hoped he would have another opportunity to show the older on another date. Today had been a disaster, but he hoped the older would give him a second chance.

While looking at Sunggyu eating his sweets in bliss Woohyun couldn’t keep himself from singing. Sometimes his voice just wanted to get out on its own accord and before Woohyun himself knew it he was already singing a song.

He was a music teacher and was paid to teach children how to play songs of famous musicians. But he himself loved to write songs. Never had anyone heard his songs, but he didn’t write them for other people to hear them. He wrote them for himself. During a sleepless night, he got another idea for a song and immediately wrote it down. As he was composing the happy song all his thoughts evolved around Sunggyu. In the end, he decided to dedicate the song to the love of his life.

And now, he was unknowingly singing this exact song.

“I will only exist for you and will keep you away from being hurt. Saying ’I love you’ is not enough. Hold my hand. Can’t you feel me now, my love? You can come to me the way you are. Running to you to hold you. Anytime, anytime. I want us to be together every day,” he sang sweetly, not noticing the slightly glassy eyes of Sunggyu.

Sunggyu felt so touched. He had never heard the other sing before. He instantly fell in love with this sweet yet strong voice, he could listen for hours without a break, but he couldn’t fight this urge to kiss the younger. He looked up to Woohyun who was facing the bright moon. He took his face into his warm hands and turned the younger’s face into his direction. Before Woohyun could even voice a question, Sunggyu’s cherry red lips were already placed on his.

The kiss was as sweet and innocent as a first kiss could be. It only lasted a few seconds, but Woohyun was sure these were the most beautiful seconds in his whole life. After they broke the kiss, the two of them looked each other deep into the eyes. Nothing else but them mattered. Woohyun stole a glance at the older’s lips before he looked at his beautiful eyes again. He wanted nothing more as to kiss the other again. Sunggyu seemingly thought the same and closed his eyes, signalizing Woohyun to kiss him again. Woohyun didn’t think twice.

The second kiss they shared was just as beautiful as the first.

“Thank you for today,” Sunggyu whispered against the younger’s lips after he opened his eyes again. Woohyun grinned and tightly embraced him. “I’m still sorry that today was so full of flaws. May I have another chance? Will you allow me to go on another rendezvous with you?” Wooyhun asked seriously while caressing Sunggyu’s cheek lovingly. Sunggyu leaned into the tender touch. “Of course. You can have as many rendezvous as you want. But only under one condition.” “What may this condition be?” Woohyun looked at him nervously and his lips. “You have to serenade me again. I love your voice. And what is the song you sung earlier called?” “It doesn’t have a name yet.” Woohyun explained, love written all over his face, leaving Sunggyu puzzled. “What do you mean? Why does it not have a name ‘yet’?”
“Because it is your song. I wrote it for you. It's a song of love.”

 

 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Hello my Lovelyz and hello to my secret valentine!

I really hope you guys have enjoyed that one!

It was actually planed to be released on valentine's day,but well here we are.

*The magpie thing is an Irish saying which my whole family takes really serious (my mum is Irish you see xD) -> if you want your bad luck to fad you have to bow as soon as you spot the single magpie