Mission

Star-Crossed

I was eating lunch at the university's cafeteria when I heard a voice calling out my name. Then the next thing I knew, I was standing alone in the middle of a huge room decorated with everything made of gold. I could only see fogs from the tall windows of the room. Before I could even move, a familiar voice startled me.

 

"Kim Soo Min." A man appeared in front of me. I wanted to answer but my voice was not coming out.

 

The man continued, "You see, discord has been happening in your world and it's because the rulers of each zodiac here in the realm of gods have lost their ability to empathize with you -- humans. I brought you here to do a mission -- show them how to be a human. Make them empathize again, then I'll let you go home."

 

The man disappeared right after that. I was dumbfounded. He didnt even let me react!

 

And before I could even process everything in my mind, another man appeared. 

 

I watched him walk gracefully towards me. Assuming I was really in the realm if gods, was this every god's power? Make every human enthralled by their presence?

 

The man was gorgeous. Ethereal. Probably no praise would give justice to his beauty.

 

He said, "I'll show you around." His smile made his face softer, even more breathtaking.

 

As he walked past me, I asked, "Who are you?"

 

"They call me Seongwoo," he answered. "I will be guiding you throughtout your mission." 

 

 

 

While we're on our way to finding the other gods, I found out from Seongwoo that we were actually in the palace of Jonghyun, the King of gods. A place where no one, even the other gods, could visit nor leave without Jonghyun's power. Everyone, including me, was trapped until only Jonghyun knows. 

 

Later, Seongwoo decided it would be better if the other gods find us instead. 

 

"Seongwoo!" We were sitting on a bench somewhere in the garden when two men appeared, an occurence that no longer surprised. Apparently, it was the gods' way of transportation -- teleportation. 

 

"Jihoon, Guan Lin. It's been a while," Seongwoo greeted.

 

"Have you seen Woojin? Is he coming over, too?" The shorter man asked excitedly.

 

Seongwoo chuckled and I swore it was the sweetest sound I've ever heard. "Jihoon-ah, we are not here to play."

 

"I know. But we should be enjoying this at least! I'll look around for my playmate. Are you coming, Guan Lin?" Jihoon asked the taller man. The man hesitated a little but eventually shook his head. "Alright then. See you around!" Jihoon waved cutely before he disappeared.

 

"Thank you for staying, Guan Lin," Seongwoo said before turning back to me. "This is Guan Lin. He is the ruler of Libra. The other guy earlier was Jihoon, ruler of Gemini."

 

I learned from Seongwoo that the realm of gods was composed of 12 departments. Each department were being ruled by different gods. The gods' powers in each department have both positive and negative effect to human. 

 

"The other gods are taking too long. We should start finding them, Guan Lin. Soo Min, stay here." As soon as both gods disappeared, unknown fear suddenly enveloped me. I was doing fine the whole time I was with Seongwoo, what the heck was happening to me now? I started shivering and having goosebumps. The feeling was so terrifying that I thought I would pass out. Then suddenly, someone laughed behind me. The fear was gone. I turned around and looked at the man who was still laughing, now more hysterically than earlier. I was immediately annoyed.

 

"You should have seen yourself! You looked like --," the man said in between his laughter. "L-like a scared cat!"

 

"That wasnt funny. I almost die." I answered sharply.

 

"That was too weak to kill you." 

 

"D-did you cast that on me?!"

 

"I did," The guys answered nonchalantly.

 

"You're a sick bastard!" I blurted, not caring whether I was speaking to a god. My blood was boiling because of anger.

 

"What did you just call me?" He sneered. 

 

Now, the fear was real. I realized how vulnerable I was. I realized how insensitive these so-called gods were. They could control, harm or kill anything and have no remorse at all. 

 

I want to go home.

 

When warmth was slowly replacing my fears, I realized my feelings were being manipulated again.

 

I cried, "Stop! Stop doing that to me!"

 

"What? I was trying to help. I was making you feel better," he answered, confusion etched on his face.

 

"You can't help someone by simply controlling one's emotion!" 

 

"What should I do then to make you feel better?"

 

"Nothing. Please. Just stay away from me." I knew I sounded harsh but he was exasperating. 

 

Seongwoo came soon, along with two men I have yet to meet. I quickly run to Seongwoo's side and hid myself behind him.

 

"Hi, Soo Min!" The other man cheerfully greeted me, peaking behind Seongwoo to see me. "I'm Jisung. I'm sorry about my brother's action. He's just playful like that. He did not mean to harm you."

 

"Hey, Jisung. You dont need to apologize to a human. That's humiliating." The other man said with disdain. "No wonder Jonghyun doesn't trust you."

 

"I'm simply being a responsible brother," Jisung responded nonchalantly. I was surprised on how Jisung took that insult well. 

 

"And this is Sungwoon," Seongwoo said gesturing at the man who insulted Jisung. "Ruler of Aries."

 

Seongwoo turned to the man I called 'sick bastard'. "Niel-ah, how have you been?"

 

'Niel' chuckled and the two started talking on their own.