~001~

Through the Looking Glass
XSYKOTICA
Through the Looking Glass

Youngjae hummed softly as he crossed his arms, the suspenders over his arms moving and stretching with each movement he made. He watched as the movers brought in the rest of the items into the house, carefully directing them to each room the boxes belonged to. When his best friend suggested they move in together, Youngjae had been a little hesitant. However, it would be easier on both of them to have one payment for housing and splitting costs for everything else. It was a lot easier on them during this changing time. Of course, he was sure there were ulterior motives as to why Yugyeom wanted him to move in. It was no secret that Youngjae came from a rather wealthy family that was known for their parties. Yugyeom was, as far as Youngjae knew, a party animal and was probably just using him to throw lavish parties to impress women and get his hands under their skirts.

 

The ert. But he was Youngjae’s friend nonetheless and thus he decided to move in with him. Where Yugyeom was now, though, was up in the air. Because he certainly wasn’t helping Youngjae with the moving process. “Whoa whoa whoa!” Youngjae suddenly called out, running down half of the stairs that led to the second floor. He approached the men carrying a large mirror wrapped in a padded blanket. “Please be careful, that’s a family heirloom. That goes in the hall. Can you please hang it before going to bring in anything else. Thank you.” he said and nodded to himself as he walked away, moving to watch a few of the other men bring in furniture for the living room. He paused as he finally found Yugyeom there, eyeing every spot of the room.

 

“What? Nothing to your liking. I’m sorry, but I’m not a woman. I have no decorating tastes.” he chuckled.

 

Yugyeom turned at the sound of Youngjae’s voice, a soft chuckle leaving him while he shook his head. “Its okay Youngjae, it's not a problem.” He said with a little smirk, turning back to guide a few of the movers around so they could put the furniture and various items he had brought from his own home in just the right places. “I’ve got it under control in here, have they brought in our clothes yet?” He asked, pushing his hair back, some of the strands falling back into place over his forehead while the rest stayed slicked back due to the amount of gel he had put in his hair.  “What do you think?” He asked as he motioned around the room. “Could absolutely use a fresh coat of paint.”

 

“No, they haven’t brought it in yet,” Youngjae said and chuckled softly. “They’re hanging my mirror though in the hall. Remember, the one I told you about?” he asked and smiled. “My parents allowed me to take it, so I have them hanging it for now. It’s a prized possession in my family. I’m not sure where they got it from, but the story is, it’s been the possession of royalty all over the world.” he said and hummed. He looked around the room before nodding. “Completely. But we can discuss that later. Just set up the room how you want.” he said and waved his hand, humming softly. “Anyway, once they’re done with the mirror, I’ll have them bring in the clothes. Did you pick out your room yet?” he asked.

 

Yugyeom glanced over towards the hall and smiled softly, tilting his head curiously. “Ah, the one with the emeralds set in the gold? They let you have it?” He asked, gasping when he heard a loud thud. “Hey! I told you fools to be careful! None of this is supposed to be broken unless you want to replace it out of your own pocket!” He scolded, reminding them with a glare they most of the items being brought into the house were priceless family heirlooms or items that had been passed down through the generations. “Yes, I have actually. There's a room upstairs at the end of the hall, the one with the red trim on the inside?” He said as he turned back to Youngjae, looking him over a little. “Have you chosen yours?”

 

“Yes, that one. I love it and I can’t wait to see how well it ties the house together.” Youngjae hummed softly and looked around before shaking his head. “No. Not really,” he said. “I haven’t been upstairs really. I’ll check in a moment,” he said and turned as one of the workers came over informed him the mirror was up. He nodded and told them to bring in the clothes next before he turned to look at Yugyeom. “Wanna see how beautiful the mirror is now?” he asked and started for the hall. “Come on.”

 

Yugyeom nodded as he glanced back at the workers, making a little face before motioning to Youngjae to follow along behind him. “The upstairs is absolutely gorgeous~ I’m sure everything will be tied together perfectly so don't worry too much about it Jae” He snorted as he made his way up the stairs looking around as he finally took in everything. “I'm still amazed that it looks exactly like it did in the catalog, normally places like these age terribly.”

 

“I know. I suppose we got it in time, hmm?” Youngjae asked as he followed behind the other, up the stairs. He grinned as he walked down the hall and paused as he stared at the mirror hanging on the wall. “God. It's gorgeous,” he whispered and smiled. “Yugyeom doesn't it fit perfectly?”

 

Yugyeom nodded and chuckled lowly, reaching out to trace his fingers over the intricate design etched in gold. “It truly is beautiful.” He said softly, looking into the glass as he fixed his hair, for a moment he swore the image of himself staring back at him rippled. He blinked for a moment before turning to look at Youngjae. “Where did your parents say this way from again?” He mumbled, brushing his fingers against the surprisingly warm surface. “It’s warm.”

 

Youngjae shrugged. “They never said. Just that this has been in my family for decades.” he said and looked in the mirror. “warm? Well, it did just come out of a moving truck. I suppose it would be warm.” he mused with a nod. “It's so enchanting.”

 

Yugyeom rolled his eyes and sighed. “Well forgive me for thinking that a glass mirror should be cold to the touch.” He said with a little teasing ring in his voice. “It’s kind of strange, some old fancy mirror being passed down.”

 

“Brat.” he laughed and hummed softly. Reaching out, he touched the glass and watched as it rippled under both of their touches, his eyes wide. “Yugyeom. Oh my god,” he whispered. “Do you see that?”

 

Yugyeom nodded and reached up to press his hand against the mirror. “You see it too?” He asked as he felt the surface of the mirror give way under his palm, causing his hand to phase through it. “What the hell?...” He whispered, staring at his hand on the other side of the mirror. He then felt a pull, a strangled gasp leaving him as he was in through the mirror. “No! Youngjae no!” He shrieked as he grabbed Youngjae’s wrist, pulling him into the mirror with him.

 

Youngjae’s eyes widened when Yugyeom’s hand phased through the mirror and then his body started going through. “No! Yugyeom!” he shouted, trying to hold onto the wall or anything but was in none the less.

 

Once they were both inside Yugyeom slammed his fists against the window that was now in front of them, letting out a frustrated and scared whine. “No no no, this can't be happening!” He cried out, hitting the window repeatedly. “Let us out!” He shouted as one of the workers walked by, his eyes widening as the male just kept walking without a glance. “Oh no… They can’t even hear us. Youngjae, we’re stuck.” He said softly as he slid down to the floor and sat with his back towards the mirror.

 

“Stuck? We can't be stuck. There has to be a way out. There just has to be.” he whispered and stared through the glass before looking around. There were no doors. No other windows. It was a small room. A prison. “Are we going to die in here?” He asked softly, his voice barely a whisper.

 

Yugyeom looked up at Youngjae and let out a weak whimper, holding his head in his hands as he brought his knees up. “I don't know…” He mumbled softly, his eyes closing as he started to think of how this could have even happened.

 

~☆~

 

Jaebum nudged Mark with a cheeky grin forming on his features. “Oh come on Markie you saw the pictures of this place! We don't even have to buy furniture!” He exclaimed as he drove down the long driveway that leads to their new home. “I know you didn't even know this guy but seriously? We got a house! Not some ty apartment in bum nowhere outside of Seoul.” He let out a snort but then let out a little breath as they pulled up next to the house. “Wow… All this is ours?”

 

“Do you have any idea how gay you sound?” Mark asked and laughed softly. He leaned his head against the window and stared out at everything before humming. “But it's like years old Jaebum. It looks amazing but what if we fall through the floors or something. Or it's infested with bugs?”

 

Jaebum shut off the car and rolled his eyes, unbuckling his seatbelt with a shake of his head. “Oh shut up, we all know my sparkles and so does yours.” He snorted out, hopping out of the car to stretch his legs. They had been on a plane for 14 hours and then 3 hours of driving in circles because of Marks poor directional skills on a paper map. “We aren't gonna fall through, so get out and let's explore!”

 

“It is a family affair,” Mark muttered as he got out of the car and looked up at the house. “Alright. Alright,” he said and smiles softly as he headed up the steps and pulled out the keys before turning to look at Jaebum. “Ready to see our new home?” He asked as he slipped the key into the lock and turned it to open it.

 

Jaebum nodded as he headed up the stairs to the door and grinned as he inspected it carefully. “Yeah, I’m ready!” He cheered and turned to look at Mark, excitement was buzzing through his entire body but he knew that it would wear off in a few hours and he would be back to mopey, stick up the self.

 

Mark opened the door and stepped in, looking around in awe.  “It's very….retro,” he said and snorted. “This place needs an overhaul in decoration,” he commented as he walked further in, searching for rooms to explore.

 

Jaebum nodded as he looked around, starting to wander around. “Should we sell the stuff or just put it in storage?” He asked with a little hum, running his fingers over the mantle of the fireplace. There were little sculptures placed on top of it, in order from type. “I say we keep it all out, retro is cool ya know, just clean off the dust and all done!”

 

“Keep it?” Mark asked and turned to look back at Jaebum. “Are you crazy?” He asked and snorted. “My god. I think you lost your mind,” he said and walked into the kitchen. “Wow. Okay. Very 50s diner in here.” he said.

 

Jaebum headed into the kitchen after Mark and gagged a little. “Okay no, this has to go.” He said with a roll of his eyes. “Too ing retro.” He mumbled as he opened up the fridge, an old bottle of solid, molded milk was in there. “Okay what the hell?”

 

Mark frowned as he walked over and peered into the fridge before looking to Jaebum. “I know they said it was a family member and the place has been empty for years...but did the people like...just abandon the place? And no one cleaned the place out? I bet you it’s infested with bugs.” he muttered.

 

Jaebum shook his head a little and sighed. “I wonder what happened to them.” He said softly, closing the fridge as he turned to walk out of the kitchen. “Let's go pick out our rooms~ I bet they are huge too!”

 

Mark made a face and shook his head as he turned and looked around before humming. “So I wonder.” he mused and walked back to the hall, leading to the stairs. “I suppose we can,” he said and nodded and started for them. “I call the biggest room since I’m older.’ he snickered with a chuckle.

 

Jaebum held up his hands and laughed softly. “Okay okay! That's fair enough~” He said with a little snort as he started up the stairs. “I still can't believe how beautiful this place is, I'm sure we could redecorate and repaint it so it doesn't look like something out of a horror movie.” He mused, reaching the top f the stairs. “Woah…” He breathed out, moving down the hall to admire the mirror that was in the center of the hallway. “Dude this thing must cost a million bucks!”

 

“I feel like regardless this place would be right out of a horror movie.” Mark chuckled as he reached the top of the stairs. There was a door to his right and a hall to his left. Raising a brow, he followed his brother down the hall to the mirror and stared at it in awe. “Are those real emeralds?” He asked. “It's magnificent.”

 

Jaebum tapped his fingernail against one of the emeralds and nodded. “I think so, holy crap this is ours now?” He asked softly, his eyes wide as he stared at himself in the mirror. “We are keeping this, no one is allowed to take this from us,” he said as he turned his head to look at Mark with glittering eyes. “Do you think this was theirs?”

 

Mark looked over everything and smiled softly as he felt over the mirror. “Of course we're not gonna sell it. It's gorgeous,” he whispered and smiled. “I don't know. Maybe. They said this place has been empty since the late 1950s.” he mused.

 

Jaebum stared at it for a little while longer and nodded. “I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we are gonna have to empty more than just our boxes too.” He said as he pointed down at the hall, one of the doors already being wide open. “If they left milk then who knows what could still be in the bedrooms.”

 

Mark sighed and stared at the door and shook his head. “Well, then we could have a garage sale. Or get items appraised. I’m sure people would pay good money for items from the 1950s.” he said and moved from the mirror and opened one of the doors, his eyes wide. “This is my room,” he said and smiled softly at how large it was. He could see the large bathroom to the left of him and grinned.

 

Jaebum nodded and grinned as he headed to the open door, smiling as he looked around the room. “This is gorgeous! Could use some lighter colors but wow.” He nodded in approval and looked around, spotting a large pile of boxes in the corner. “Hey, Mark! Check in your room and see if there are boxes in there too!”

 

Mark looked around the room before spotting the boxes. “I see some. Great. So we do have to do double the unpacking.” he groaned and leaned against the door frame. “Why do I have to do work?!?” He whined.

 

Jaebum laughed a little and shook his head. “Just be glad you have the night shift tomorrow.” He teased, sticking his tongue out at his brother. “ I bet there's a lot of cool stuff in those. Boxes though!”

 

Mark rolled his eyes and sighed. “One of the only reasons I’m glad I work at night.” he laughed and sighed. “It leaves me home all alone during the days,” he said and walked out of his room and moved over to Jaebum’s. “Hey, wanna call for some takeout? I’ll call the moving company to see when they’ll be by with our things and then...I guess we start redecorating.”

 

Jaebum snickered and pulled out his phone as he moved to sit on the big bed, a little cloud of dust rising off the sheets. “... Guess I’m on laundry duty.” He said as he opened up Google to search for nearby takeout paces. He found one that was rather cheap and called them up, ordering enough food to last them the night and well into tomorrow before he hung up and pulled one of the smaller boxes over with his foot. “Might as well do some digging into the previous owners while i wait.”

 

Mark laughed and shook his head, heading back downstairs to make the call to the moving company. He wasn’t sure how well all this was going to go, but there was no turning back now. This was their new home and they had to decorate and make it liveable.

 

Jaebum opened up the box and tilted his head curiously, there were little knick-knacks in it, along with a locked encrusted with a ruby. “huh…” He worked to try and get the locket open but only ended up pinching his finger. “ouch.” he sighed and got up, moving to strip the bed completely so he could go on an adventure to find the laundry room. “First thing on our list Markie, new appliances!” He calls out to his brother as he headed deeper into the house.

 

“Yeah yeah,” Mark called back and huffed as he headed back up the stairs and into his room. He moved to strip the bed of its dusty bedding and threw it out into the hall for Jaebum to pick up later before moving to the boxes. “I better find treasure.”

 

“Everything in this house is considered treasure Mark!” Jaebum shouted through the house, finding a run down but still usable washer and dryer set in one of the downstairs rooms. He shoved the bedding into the washer with some detergent and softener and started it up, turning the timer on so it would go off when it was done. He headed back upstairs to haul the bedding from Marks room downstairs.

 

Mark snorted and sighed as he started digging through one of the boxes, tossing out things that were just old and broken before coming across a photo book. Picking it up, he looked it over a few times, humming softly as he flipped it open. “Oh, wow,” he said as he looked at the black and white pictures of the young male. He was gorgeous. Mark had never seen someone so pretty before. Was this the man that lived here before? Or was he someone that the previous owner knew? Either way, this person was probably either dead or really old and gray. “I bet he had a lot of women throwing themselves at his feet,” he muttered to himself.

 

Jaebum sighed as he peeked into Mark’s room after getting the laundry situated, he tilted his head curiously at the sight of the photo book in his brother’s hands. “What did you find?” He asked curiously, making his way over to the older male. He sat down next to him and glanced at the pictures. “Oh wow… I didn't realize people back then were actually better looking than us nowadays. Though I guess it doesn't help that most of our food has horrible preservatives and grease in it.”  He mumbled the last part more to himself than to Mark. “What do you think his name was?”

 

“You say that like it’s a bad thing? Actually back then, everything was worse for us than now.” Mark said. “Hell, they put actual crack in Coca-cola.” he reminded the other and chuckled. “That’s why life expectancy was so low.” he mused and flipped the page to look through more pictures. “I don’t know. Something regal probable. Like...a name of a prince or something.” he said. He pulled out one of the pictures and flipped it over. “Kim Yugyeom.” he read and laughed. “Okay, so not that regal.”

 

“Damn, that actually kinda makes me happy to be alive in the 21st century.” Jaebum snorted out, tilting his head at the name. “Kim? Huh, it is a common last name.” He said and took the photo book from Mark, flipping through it slowly. “There's a lot of pictures of him in here, polaroids too.” He mumbled, pausing as he came to a picture of Yugyeom and another male dressed in fancy suits. “Woah who is that?” He asked curiously, blinking a little as he held the book up to get a better look. “Hey wait-” He reached over to grab onto Mark’s arm. “It’s that mirror in the hall! It must have been theirs.”

 

Mark grunted and smacked at Jaebum’s hand. “Don’t grab so hard. Damn.” he grunted and looked at the picture intently. “So it’s their mirror? Nice.” he said. “They’re not...lovers are they?” he asked and eyed the two in the picture. “Surely back in that times, they’re probably just friends.” he said before snorting. “Why do I care, they’re probably dead.”

 

“Damn Mark I didn't peg you for the puma type.” Jaebum teased, nudging Mark gently. He looked over the photo before flipping it over. “Kim Yugyeom, Choi Youngjae, 1953. Yeah, definitely either super old or very dead.” He nodded and made a little face. “This one looks a little bit like a mooch if you ask me.” He said, pointing to the taller of the two in the picture.

 

Mark rolled his eyes and laughed. “Everyone needs a sugar daddy, right?” he asked and hummed. “Youngjae. That’s not a bad name. The Choi family name is rather common too though.” he said and snorted. He looked over both men before laughing. “He does. But he’s got like a childlike appearance to him. I like it.” he said.

 

Jaebum laughed and raised a brow as he slid the picture back into the sleeve. “He was probably young when this picture was taken, would explain the knick knacks i found in my room.” He mused, groaning as he got up and sighed. “I'm gonna see if the takeout guy is here yet, I just hope they don't get lost like we did.” He laughed at himself a little before handing the book back to Mark. “Any luck with the moving company?”

 

Mark took the book back and held it, looking at Jaebum. “Oh, yeah. They won’t be here until tomorrow with the stuff.” he said and sighed. “So we get to spend our first night here with nothing to do. Sounds like fun.” he cheered unenthusiastically.

 

Jaebum pouted as he held up a finger. “I'm sure we can find something to do! I think the bell just rang through so give me a minute.” He said before rushing down the stairs to open the door. He sighed in relief as the delivery guy held out their receipt which Jaebum sighed before directing the guy into the kitchen, helping him carry the containers of food in.

 

Mark snorted as he put the book away and stood. He headed downstairs and smiled at the delivery guy before looking at all the containers. “Yas, thank you Jaebum for ordering a lot of food, I’m starving.” he said and started opening them and sampling the food. “Mmm...delicious.”

 

Jaebum laughed as he waved off the delivery guy, giving him a hefty tip for having to drive all the way out to the house. He turned to Mark and grinned cheekily. “Come on I’m your brother, I’m not gonna let your fat starve!” He teased as he started opening up the many containers.  “I'm going to bleach wash that fridge before we put any of this in there though, i don't want moldy milk funk in my food later.” He whined with a little pout.

 

Mark gasped and reached back and smacked his . “My is not fat. It’s perfect. Just the way guys like to grab and . Unlike your nonexistent .” he teased Jaebum with a laugh. He started mixing the different containers together to make himself his serving of food since they didn’t have any plates. He started chowing down happily, humming in satisfaction.

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes as he grabbed a few containers for himself, chowing down with a little snort. “And that is why I don't bottom.” He said pointedly, glaring a little at Mark. “My compensates enough for not having much of an , sorry you got the short end of that pole.

 

“What makes you think I don’t have a big ? Excuse you, I’m versatile.” Mark snorted and smirked as he ate more food. “Besides, bottoming is amazing. You should try once.”

 

Jaebum shook his head and nearly choked on his food, he grabbed the drink he had gotten for himself and drank a little to get the food unstuck. “I really don't need to know about your life Mark.” He said as he shook his head more. “Bottoming isn't for me”

 

“You asked for it.” Mark laughed and shoved more food into his mouth before shaking his head. “Bottoming is too for you. You just have to be open to try it,” he explains. “Just once. You know, test it out, touch things lightly.” he teased.

 

Jaebum grunted and shook his head more, grabbing the container of kimchi that he had ordered, shoving a few pieces into his mouth. “Maybe. Not anytime soon, I like having a tight wrapped around my .” He teased and then glanced at his phone as a text came through. “Its my boss, they’ve finally sent me my new schedule.”

 

“What ? You haven't had in a while. Don't lie.” Mark snickered and stole a few bites of kimchi. Looking to his phone. He sighed and chuckled. “Cool. Day shift though still Right? My boss is an and I have night shift for the next three months.”

 

Jaebum nodded and chuckled as he rubbed his stomach, letting out a very loud burp before he sighed. “Oh, that felt good..” He mumbled before looking over at mark. “Yeah, I have day shift until around March, then I work whenever they want me to.” He said with a defeated sigh. “It though, I'm trying to work towards the manager position and I'm just not getting any closer.”

 

“I'm sure they're noticing your hard work,” Mark assured him. “Don't worry. Just keep working and you'll get rewarded soon, Okay? I have faith.”

 

Jaebum nodded with a little sigh, closing up some of the containers as he moved to grab the bleach spray and a rag. “I'm gonna get the fridge cleaned out really quick so we can actually put our food away.”

 

“Okay. I'm just gonna stand here and watch and eat. Have fun.” Mark snickered as he continued shoving food into his face.

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes as he took the molded milk bottle out of the fridge, he sighed as he started spraying down the inside, scrubbing as hard as he could. “Just remember, you get to do the dirty work while i'm at work during the days. So stare all you want Mark.”

 

“I know this. And this place is gonna look amazing. You're gonna be so jealous.” Mark snickered and winked at him.

 

Jaebum flipped off Mark as he set down the rag to spray over the inside of the fridge more. “Yeah yeah I’m just gonna call you Mr Clean from now on, all you need to do is shave your head and work out for like five years.” He paused and snickered. “And maybe grow a foot or two.”

 

“ you.” Mark huffed and shook his head. “I'm not gonna shave my hair. Nor Will I work. Damn it.” he grumbled and finished more of his food and closed the containers. “What color should we paint the walls?”

 

Jaebum let out a cackle as he sat back on his knees, shaking his head a little. “Maybe something light? But not white, a purple, blue or maybe a light gray?” He asked softly. “I don't know but the amount of work this house needs is insane, probably gonna need new flooring too.” He looked back at Mark and then looked around the kitchen. “This room has a ton of potential though.”

 

“I'll get someone out here to look at the place and let us know and then we can go from.there. it'll be cheaper if we do the renovations ourselves.”

 

Jaebum nodded and hummed a little, glancing over the fridge for a moment. “That's true, do you think this is clean? Or should I keep scrubbing? Maybe get a scrub pad out and do it that way?” He asked and tilted his head. “Lets just hope the guy you call doesn't try to rope us into letting him renovate.”

 

Mark walked over and hummed softly, cockung his head as he looked over the fridge. “looks clean and certainly smells clean. You're killing me with the cleaner.” he said and coughed.

 

Jaebum laughed and nodded as he closed the fridge and got up. “sorry, but needed to be done” He said with a little laugh.

 

“You dumped the whole bottle in there! Jesus!” Mark complained and left the room then, covering his nose. “Dude open some windows!”

 

Jaebum laughed and moved over to open up a window, laughing more as he in a breath of fresh air.



Image result for page break png


About a week later after everything had been settled with work schedules and time management for unpacking everything they had brought. They had slowly started work on the walls of the house, picking out a main color for the huge living room and hallways, along with a light color for the kitchen and bathrooms. “So what color did you want for the main color again?” Jaebum asked as he looked down at all the big buckets of paint they had sitting in the middle of the almost empty living room.

 

“living room is the light tan with dark trim,” Mark said as he fixed his hair slightly and sighed. “Hall is the blue and you know what colors for the bathrooms and kitchens. I don't expect you to get everything done tonight,” he said. “Do what you can and sleep and I'll finish hopefully in the morning before I go to bed okay?” He said and grinned. “you got this? I can call in if you need.”

 

Jaebum nodded and smiled softly. “Don't worry Mark! Just go to work and I’ll have most of it done by the time you're home.” He said as he pulled his smock on and grabbed the paintbrush.”Go to work!” He said as he started to push Mark towards the door.

 

Mark sighed and nodded. “Okay. And don't burn down the house.” he called as headed for the door. Slipping on his shoes, he grabbed his keys and wallet before leaving for work.

 

Jaebum rolled his eyes as he opened up a can of paint and hummed to himself. He stirred the beige paint before grabbing the paintbrush so he could get started on painting the living room. He knew that it would take him a good few hours to coat the room with the first coat of paint, especially if he wanted to get a good, precise coating. He had spent about an hour putting up painters tape over the ornate trim around the middle and bottom of the room.

 

~_~

 

After the clock in the living room struck 1:30am Jaebum had gotten about halfway done with painting the entire room. He was just about to take a break and get something to eat when he heard faint music coming from upstairs that hadn't been playing since Mark had left. He frowned at the sound as he headed up the stairs, trying to find where the music was coming from. “Hello?” He called out as he looked around, opening each room he came to as he walked down the hall. Each room was empty save for the boxes of things that had been in there when they moved in.

As he walked past the mirror the music grew louder, something caught his eye from his reflection in the glass of the mirror. He paused to look at it, wanting to get a better look. “What..” He mumbled to himself as he tilted his head, his reflection tilted its head the opposite direction before it slowly fizzled into the image of a shorter, dapper looking male.

 

Youngjae leaned closer to the mirror as the male looked at him with wide eyes before falling back onto his . He took a step forward before placing his hand on the mirror. It was still completely solid. “You can see me?” He asked as he watched the male curiously.

 

Jaebum’s eyes widened even more as the image spoke to him, he looked around before pointing to himself. “Me?” He asked before mentally slapping himself. Of course, he was talking to him, he was the only other one in the house. “Uh, Yeah I can see you.” He said as he slowly stood back up and moved closer to the mirror. “How can I see you right now?” He asked softly as he examined the mirror slowly. The music was definitely coming from the mirror itself, but he wasn't sure how.

 

“I’m stuck in here, it's some sort of room on the other side of here. We’ve been watching the house decay up until you two moved in. I don't know how you're able to see me right now, we have been trying to get your attention since you moved in but we didn't even know you knew we were here.” Youngjae explained as he turned to look at Yugyeom. “You can see both of us right?” He asked the male as he looked back over to the mirror.

 

Jaebum’s brows furrowed and shook his head. “There are two of you?” He asked as he stared at the male and wiped his hands on his shirt, the paint smearing over the fabric. “No I only see you.” He said as he looked around. “How long have you been in there?” He asked as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time.

“What year is it?”

Jaebum tilted his head once again and frowned. “2018.”

Oh my heavens… it's been 60 years?” Youngjae asked as he looked up at Yugyeom with wide eyes. “It's been 60 years! How have we been stuck in here that long?” He asked the younger male.

Jaebum could only stare at the male in shock, he didn't know how to process the words that had just been spoken. He heard them clear as day but anyone that had been stuck inside of a mirror should have at least aged right? There was no way this was real. Someone had to be screwing with him.