ONE

Secret Keeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Lee Yoona, President of the Student Council’. The polished gold badge on your chest is perfectly clean from any stain or scratch. Especially when you wipe it every morning to a point where even your clean-freak mother gets annoyed.

 

You stride into the student council room and is welcomed by several familiar faces. “Here for detention again huh?” You speak nonchalantly. The familiar boy with jet black hair falling over his forehead, barely missing his eyelashes. You eyed his hair closely, before whipping a ruler out of the drawer of your desk.

 

“No, I am not. So can I leave?” Jeon Jungkook rolls his eyes, with one leg up on the table. “Ow! What the heck are you doing?!” He yelps in pain when you slap his feet off the table and smack the ruler flat onto his face.

 

“Your fringe should be at least half an inch above your brows. It is now half an inch over your brows.” You pull his fringe as straight as possible, squinting your eyes to read the measurement. “Cut it by tomorrow or I will do it for you.” Taking out a small notepad from your pocket, you scribble a reminder to check his hair tomorrow.

 

Jungkook snorts, messing his hair up on with the same smug look on his face that you always have the urge to punch away.

 

“Shut up. One more time and you are going to clean every toilet in the school for detention.” Looking up from his records, you snarl evilly. “What?” He leaps up. “I was only late for 5 ing minutes this morning!”

 

“You were late for 7 times this term. And you just used that last chance.” The sound of your pen scratching over the thin paper is just music to your ears. “For what?!” He barks.

 

“Disrespect. Foul Language.” You mutter endlessly. He tries to snatch your notepad away but you point the ruler at his throat.

 

“Make sure every tile is clean by today, Jeon Jungkook.”

 

 

 

“How can you do that to him??” Your best friend and also your childhood friend, Ara, is on the verge of tears. “He is so cute! How can you bare to give him detention?” She whines, as if her favourite pet gold fish died.

 

Oh, there are very good and solid reasons...

 

“Because he is rude, self-centered, incompetent and condescending. He has no respect for others and the school rules. He thinks Earth is turning because of him. He struts in the corridor with his stupid gang, along with their lovesick, brainwashed, psychotic fangirls who should be doing more promising things like studying instead of stalking. They block the entire corridor and cause a mess in the cafeteria every damn day. He-”

 

“Ok-stop! You are going to break the pencil, Yoon!” Ara pries the pencil away from my curled-up fist. It’s only then you realise almost the entire café is staring at you. Feeling the mortification, you pull your hoodie as low as possible, just to hide your burning face.

 

“Cool. Now take a deep breath.” You down the cup of ice Americano, ignoring the bitter taste lingering in your mouth. “You know, you are just bias towards him, right? He is actually pretty nice. I mean, I get it, you were rejected before but still, it was eons ago when our brains were barely developed. Move on.”

 

“Shut up, Ara! It’s not because of that!” You slam the cup on your desk.

 

“You are just salty because he is still cute as but he doesn’t remember you.” Ara giggles. You refuse to reply to further teasing and return to your assignment. Being a senior in high school is hard. Assignments. Projects. Essays. Blah blah blah. Plus, your life doesn’t just revolve around school. You have a job. Or more like forced labour…

 

 

Kids - Little demons, so small yet so capable of great destruction.

 

Using up your entire swearing dictionary, you wipe the pile of orange juice on the floor. Of course, those little culprits are still running all over the room. People call it innocence. You call it ignorance.

 

While you are squeezing the towel in the basin with unwillingness, someone tug the back of your shirt.

 

“Yes?” You smile forcefully. It is the new girl. Soojung. “Unnie, c-can you play with me?” She whispers, her long, silky black hair falls neatly over her shoulders. Her voice could be barel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter