Of snow and falls

Of snow and falls
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was snowing and everything was slowly being covered in white snowflakes.

Yoohyeon was standing in the middle of her garden, eyes pointing towards the night sky and a bright smile on her face. It had been a long time since she saw the snow. She extended an arm, trying to catch a few snowflakes in her hand. She observed them in the feeble light coming from her kitchen and she saw that they looked just like she used to see them in every Christmas cartoon.

“ I can feel it…this week is going to be amazing.” She whispered, drying her hand on her coat and turning back to enter her house. Once inside she removed her coat and started getting ready for bed, not forgetting to wink at herself when she saw her image reflected on the big bathroom mirror,. Yes, she’s weird like that. She finally went to bed, her heart full of childlike happiness for having seen the snow and looking foward to throwing snowballs to the oblivious pedestrians the next morning.

 

 

 

 

Yooyhyeon was whistling happily to some Christimas songs while she was building a huge snowman in front of her house.

The people passing by kept giving her weird looks but she didn’t care. She knows she’s a grown up but who doesn't love making snowmen?? C’mon, it’s Christmas!

“Hey Yoohyeon-ah! What are you doing?” she heard someone calling from the street.

“Minji-unnie! Come help me!”

She heard JiU sigh but then the red-haired girl smiled and started walking towards her. The two started working together on building the snowman, occasionally starting a snowball fight because, even though Jiu insisted on saying that she’s the “mum” of their group of friends, she’s actually a kid on the inside.

“ Hey Unnie, do you want to stay over for dinner?” Yoohyeon asked while washing the mugs they used for drinking hot chocolate.

“Uhm…sorry, but I’m busy tonight” JiU answered.

“Ohhh…Are you busy teaching korean to Dongie-unnie?” said Yoohyeon while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

“Well actually she asked me out”

“OMG!! My OTP is finally dating!!”

“Ok, calm down.” JiU said while trying to avoid being splashed by Yoohyeon, who was waving her soapy hands in the air like she had just won the lottery. “We’re just going out on a date and we’ll see how it goes”.

“Yes but…you LIKE her”

“I do and omg you shoud’ve seen her while she was trying to ask me out, all stuttery and cute and adorable and—“

“Ok stop! I ship it and all but I’m starting to feel sick” Yoohyeon interrupted while faking pucking.

“Ahahah don’t worry, you’ll find your better half soon enough.” JiU said while getting ready to leave for her date.

“Bye Yoohyeon-ah” she shouted and disappeared without giving Yoohyeon a chance to reply.

“Ahah bye unnie” Yoohyeon shook her head while chuckling to herself.

She decided it was time to start making dinner and opened the cupboard searching for something quick to eat.

There was absolutely nothing.

“Oh right. I was supposed to go grocery shopping eheh”.

She decided to just go to the closest supermarket and buy some ramyeon. She wore her heavy coat and scarf and stepped outside, only then noticing that it had started raining.

“Ugh…now the snow is gonna be ruined” she thought to herself while grabbing an umbrella.

She started walking slowly, aware of the slippery surface under her feet and finally reached the warm supermarket. She entered and quickly headed to the corner where she knew the ramyeon was placed. She picked up a couple of flavors and went to the cash register.

There was only a short girl in line before her and Yoohyeon noticed that she was buying an insane amount of ramyeon. She must be really hungry!

The girl payed and then it was her turn. After paying she started walking towards her house, noticing that the girl she had seen at the supermarket was walking slowly just before her, struggling to carry the bag full of ramyeon.

While Yoohyeon was wondering if she should help her, she saw the girl slipping on a path of ice and losing her balance.

Fortunately Yoohyeon was just behind her and she managed to stop her fall wrapping her arms around the shorter girl.

The girl quickly detached herself from Yoohyeon

Please log in to read the full chapter