Chapter One

The Raven Society

This is how it is now breaking into people's homes, and steeling their money, food, and clothes in their closets. This is the future we have been waiting for. This corrupt government. That war everyone was afraid of, everyone losing their loved ones. The worse thing that came out of this was The Raven Society. The black hooded people that come to kidnap teens even at the age of 9 years old and up. They use you... they torture you.... Even make girls at the age of 15 to 19 get shots repeatly until they get pregnant and populate more "Ravens." For the boys they expect you to fight and use the magic power that you have inside that you didn't know about. If you fail, then you are put into a room of pitch black and you're in there for so long you could go insane.

My family didn't last long. Both of my parents died to keep me and my sister safe from the robbers that attack our house. My sister didn't last long after the robbers attack our house, it was only me and her until she got very sick. A huge virus that spread all over her body that got to her heart. I wish I was I could die like that, dying of sickness instead of dying in a dark pitch-black room not knowing what in the room with you. I'm just glad she somewhere safe and not here in this horrible world.

My name is Jeon Lee, Age seventeen. Likes... Does it matters, No one likes anything anymore. My dislikes are simple this place I'm living in, This town, This government and their sick minds. I could hear screams as I was laying on the cold hard ground. They sounded like a girl being taken. Her parents crying trying to keep her, but they couldn't. I close my eyes tight and keeping quiet as I heard the Ravens come close to my home. My home is abandoned, windows were broken, mice and rats running around the floor looking for crumbles of food and birds making their nest in the roof. It never gets old for me seems like every night and every clouded day there is always someone screaming, being robbed, or being taken.

"Take her to the truck with the other girls, then take all of them to the lab to get their shots taken by Doctor Evens." One hooded man said to the other and looked at the scared girls face. "Don't worry little one, it won't hurt you one bit." He laughs in a deep low voice. "You won't feel a thing." The hooded man smirks in the darkness a shadow by his hood showing on his face. He nods for the driver to go.

I wanted to run to her and hug her in my arms saying run away from this awful place... from "them" but where would she go? Nowhere she would be dead. If we ever run away from this place, we are dead. Instant kill. The hooded man looks over at my home as it was pitch black inside, I kept my breathing low and quiet having the filling of there eyes on my house. Jeon crouched low to the ground moving under the broken window sitting low leaning his head back on the ruined wall. Jeon found a sharp rock that was by him. Jeon heard the man's footsteps crunch on the broken glass and gravel under his boots feeling the heat of the flashlight on top of his head.

"Do it." I say inside my head "Throw the rock..." Soon the rock was out of my hand across the broken room. I saw the flashlight move at the speed of light to the noise of where the rock landed. I felt a smirk crawl up my at the corner of my lips. I heard a man's voice yelling. "Is that all of them Commander?" The commander stood still looking at the rock. He turned off the flashlight and turned to the man. "Must have been a rat. Yes, that is all of them. Have them send the girls off to the lab?" The man smirks laughing and brings up his gloved hand having a small steady fire in his hand tilting his head slowly. "I think they listened very well." The commander roles his eyes and pushes him to move forward.

Jeon smells smoke coming from the broken crumbled roof. Jeon's eyes widen when he saw the roof on fire, the fire becoming more wide and huge. "No," Jeon said in hatred eyes filled with hot burning tears. Jeon runs to the other side of the room grabbing his picture of his family half of the tip ripped off. His father's face and mothers face were ripped off only him and his sister was in the picture. The fire got huger and Jeon started to cough from the smoke built up. I run out of my once home watching it burn to the ground.

Jeon fold his broken picture into his back pocket of his black skinny jeans. Jeon puts his black hood up and wipes his nose with his Jacket sleeve and starts to run down the broken street that once was his neighborhood with people having Barbeques and kids running around and people talking about there lives and drama about so and so and kids laughing and playing with each other. Jeon stops running panting looking at the small playground having a small flashback of him and his sister swinging on the swings talking about how school . What teachers we hate and what teachers we love. Jeon looked up into the distance was Lily favorite hill that had a huge giant tree that had lots of shade under its branches. She would always sit under it to think or do her homework or just to sleep in the cool air. But what lies under the tree now was her grave. Jeon starts to run up to the hill to the gravestone. Raindrops start to fall more onto the ground. He looks over at the dark city with the only lights was a small street lamp in the neighborhoods and in the main city. "Guess this is it, Lily... I don't have a home anymore. Our home was destroyed by them. The people that made you sick!" Jeon kicks the small rocks that were close to the gravestone and sits on the wet grass bringing his knees up to his chest, Putting his forehead on his knees.

Jeon could feel that soft hand of his sisters on his shoulder. Soon Jeon broke in tears and shivers in the cool wind mixed with the mist of rain, wanting his sister here beside him sitting and laughing with him. Jeon heard rustling behind him feeling like someone is watching him. He slowly lifts his head and looks behind him, putting his hand into the jacket, feeling his gun and stands up walking to where he heard the rustling. Pulling the gun up slowly with both hands on the handle and one thumb on the trigger. He runs and yells to see nothing only hearing the rain come down more. Jeon looks around the area kicking the bush nearby, but nothing moved or came out. Jeon looks at the small gun in his right hand. A black pistol his father had given to him at the age of fourteen when the first robbery had happened after the war and our city taken over.

"I'll keep you safe, Lily no matter what happens... if I even get taken by the Ravens... I'll come back and see you." Jeon puts the black pistol back in his jacket pocket. He kisses the tip of his finger to his lips and places it on the gravestone. "I'll be back in a moment, going to find food or what's left out there," Jeon says laughing under his breath in anger and starts to walk down the hill in the pouring rain feeling Lily spirt following him into the broken city.

...

"We have 20 girls and 23 boys in New York State in Manhattan. Time? 10:37 P.M. Luntenant Stephan Xi." A soldier said bowing handing him the reports and lists of names of the girls and boys on the tablet. Stephan slowly rose from his seat taking the tablet the illuminating lights glow on his white skin. His dark golden amber eyes staring at the screen of names. "There should be one more boy on the list, that making it 24 males," Stephan said putting the tablet down on the small desk his voice in a low whisper. Stephan put his gun in the gun holder on his belt. He puts his luntenant jacket on looking back at the soldier who looks very frightened at Stephan's eyes the way it was one moment it was a normal brown color the next it was golden. "The male named Jeon Lee. He is in downtown Manhattan by the west subway entrance. Get men ready. He his a powerful one." Stephan's eyes start to glow even more hearing a dark voice inside his head laughing. "Go get HIM!!" Stephan closes his amber eyes, groaning and grips the small desk that was behind him.

The soldier bows a slow shake. "Yes, Sir." The solider looks at Stephan one last time and walks out of the tent. Soon Stephan following him behind.

...

The rain clouds got darker and got more downpour from them each step seems more rain came down. Each step closer to danger. Each step closer to food, Food he could find or savage. Each step closer to the dangerous city. Jeon looks around slowly at families outside their broken homes or sitting shivering in the rain. Little children crying over their dead parents' bodies from a recent robbery. Jeon bites the inside of his cheek and closes his eyes at the memory of his parents died in front of his eyes and his sister as well, hiding her head into his chest crying her eyes out. Jeon opens his eyes to two kids looking around in the garbage can. "Find anything?" he says to them across the street. The older male that looks like a brother put his sister and brother behind him being protective. Jeon smiles a bit and remembers he had a black hood up. Jeon comes closer the kids and looks inside the garbage can removing his hood. "I'm not them, Promise." He said with a kind voice. "It's a disguise so I won't get caught." The brother looks like the age of Fourteen. He has one more year before he is taken. The other two siblings look like the age of six and five. The older brother spoke up. "Does it work?" he said in a high English voice. Jeon smiles a bit at them. "Sometimes but you got to know where the best hiding spots are and get a lower voice, so you sound like them. Seems like your voice is a bit high. I would wait awhile before starting to dress like them." Jeon messes his hair up a bit. "Take care of them because they are the only family you have left. Here..." Jeon pulls out a few cents for each sibling. "I noticed a candy machine a few blocks away." The older brother laughs and has his hand out for the two quarters. "Be careful they are still out there," Jeon warned them and watched them run down the candy machine down the street.

Jeon puts his hood up glad he could see some smiling faces around here. He starts to walk away when he heard the little girl scream. Jeon turns fast to the scream to look down the street to see two hooded men with small knive and a gun. One hooded man holds the girl. The other hooded man had a gun to the older brother's head. "Give us the money you little punk or you will get it and these little ones will die in front of your eyes." The older brother yells. "No, leave them alone!!" Jeon felt something different about him he felt the heat burning up inside up and felt himself glitching and grabs a knife nearby on the ground and felt he was at one place then another. He was behind the hooded man with the gun the to the brother's head covering the man's mouth having this strength that he didn't have before and twist his head making the man go limp landing to the ground. The brother gasps for air and runs over to his little brother and looks at his sister. "May!" May was crying at how hard the man was griping her little arm. Jeon looks over at the man. "Let her go. There is no need to kill her." Jeon put one finger to his lips to quite the two brothers and grips the handle on the knife. Jeon's eyes seem to glow a red color the color of fire. The man eyes widen in shock to see this boy in front of him, eyes glowing. " N-" Jeon grabbed May at the speed of light and stabs the hooded man in the chest.

May ran over to her brother. Jeon pants and looks up to see soldiers coming up and surrounding the area. Jeon looks back at the children and mouth the words "Run." Jeon felt dizzy and had a hard time keeping his balance. Jeon landed on his knees a flashlight blinding his eyes. "We have him, sir. It matches the picture on the tablet." All guns were pointed to Jeon. Stephan comes out of the car and touches a solider shoulder for him to get through. "Don't Shoot. Raven wants him alive like the others." Stephan comes closer to Jeon, looking down at him. "He is the one Raven wants." Jeon pants more and tries to grab the gun out of his jacket pocket to shoot anyone. There was a sharp pain that went through his neck, everything went black falling into a deep sleep.