The beginning of an end

Secret: Alternate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tadaaaaaa.. Here comes the time when I finally decided to make this story into two different versions that lean towards different biases and lead into two different endings. Why?? I Actually already wrote the whole story's structure until the end of this story about two years ago, so I know exactly who's she's going to ended up with. But after a couple of years, through several relationships, hook ups, break ups, bias list reshuffle, life lessons, and a lot more dramas to add the spices, that somehow changed the way I wrote some details and preferences in the story. It's not until I read some of the comments, discussions with some of the readers, lost many subscriber once I made that specific move, that made me realized, that I worked a little too passionate about this one male lead but the end she turned into the other male lead, that so unfair for the other and made the story unbalance.

I write the alternate version because I realized, no matter how perfect your plan was, if you're embrace every single surprises in your way, it'll be more fun.

I continue to write the original version because I committed to finished it.

I decided to post this two versions because you read this with the expectation that she'll ended up with kyu while the other hopes she'll ended up with siwon. When both of them are so different in personalities, characters, and preference. It's unfair to state that you could only deserve for this man, when you're actually want the other one. So with this two version I wanted to let you guys realize that you can get any man you want, if you feel you're deserve and worth it to get him (no no no not Siwon or Kyu, but anyone you like), that the choice is in your hand, and how act a little differently could actually lead you into another life.

So, for some of you who prefer a simpler plot with defined main lead and second lead, can read the original version that will titled with the chapter's number for further chapters.

While for some of you who expected twisted ending, another surprises and maybe second steals the spotlight, can read the alternate version chapter with 'alternate' embed on the title from next chapter onwards.

Hope you guys enjoy it, and please leave a lot of feed back, I want to hear how it goes for each and everyone of you. :D 

 

 

 

 

The one you're about to read is the alternate version, for the original version, you can go here.

 

 

 

What is this? You look at outside of your window. Knowing that hurricane kinda days lay ahead of you starting tomorrow onwards, you filled up with emotion. You know why your vice head of department and some of directors take away more than half of your projects, because they want to make you powerless in your own department. And your employee will look down on you because of that. Your can see a major crack on your picture perfect porcelain career life. Further more, the fact that Siwon choose to hang out with his friends rather than let you making up of what happened earlier today, doesn't help either.

 

What is this feeling? It's far more worse than lonely. Not only lonely, but know exactly no one get your back, useless, abandoned, left alone. All short kind of feelings got into you. Overwhelmed, you start to bawling out while kneeling right to your window. You really scared to face tomorrow morning. You starting to feel insecure about your boyfriend feeling towards you. You just..

 

Absentmindedly, you reach out your phone that lay innocently on the floor to call the only person in this planet that usually can soothes you down on every occasion.

 

 

 

"Kyuhyuun oppaaaa.." You bawling your heart out.

 

Kyuhyun who tried his best to act cold, suddenly startled to hear you cry out like that. "What?? Why why?? What's happen? Where are you?"

 

"Hiks.." You hiccup on your own tears, got a bit startled too, because he actually answers your phone. "Why you answer the call?"

 

"Uh.. shouldn't I?"

 

"But you never answer any of my call lately.."

 

"Well.. Anyway.. What's happen?"

 

"Nothing.. I just uuh.. How are you?"

 

"Fine.. Well.. You want to meet up? Now?"

 

"Now? Ah.. Sure!"

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun went to the restaurant right away and managed to order a exclusive private enclose table for both of you.

 

He's been having a real hard conversation with his own mind whether to bail this out or to really talk it through with you.

 

What should I say first?

 

How should I look in front of her?

 

What will she say to me?

 

Do I really have to do this?

 

 

Suddenly the private table door's opened.

 

"Oppa! It's been a really long time.." You throw your bag and run to hug Kyuhyun out of pure missing him.

 

Kyuhyun couldn't lie to himself. For one second he accept your hug just like they way you guys used to, but one second later he realized that he shouldn't do that.

 

But once he tried to push you way, he can't do that.

 

He want to be in your arm like.. forever..

 

He drawn too deep in your familiar perfume scent. It's somewhat sweet, fresh but also warm, it's reminds him of spring where they traveling together to Jeju island in the middle of this summer.

 

He puts his chin on the crooked between your shoulder and neck and just lets his body get loose in your arm there until you broke the hug.

 

"I miss you.. It feels like I'm alone all the time by now." You look into Kyuhyun eyes. And kyuhyun is melted that way. All the words that he's being agonizing to say are now vaporize.

 

Kyuhyun drawn in his own toxic feeling for you until he looks up to you. You look more pale, discouraged, and gaunt more than he ever saw you before. God why?

 

"Why? What happened earlier? Did you cry?" Kyuhyun grabs your arm, ready to confront Siwon if anything happened with you.

 

Funny.

 

Actually, the first thing he wanted to say to you was 'How could you do that to me?' But now he's ready to punch Siwon to make you look like this.

 

"Aniyo, gwenchanayo.. It's overloaded work, well I think I'm being oversensitive. That's all." And he hates it. He hate when you always say it's fine when everyone could see it's not. "Please sit down. Here's your wines."

 

Kyuhyun stay in silent when you busy ordering, but then he heard you ask the waiter what's the best cocktail available.

 

Kyuhyun looks suspiciously at you, "Are you trying to get drunk?"

 

It's really hard to act like he's mad at you when every time he sees you, you smiling at your best for him.

 

"Aniyo.." You smile again. "I just.. I think I need this."

 

"Since when you start drinking?"

 

"Just now.. Do you want to order any special drinks?"

 

"No, I brought my car here."

 

"I'll order replacement driver for you. So maybe a wine?"

 

Kyuhyun smiles and order his wine. Dammit! Get hold of yourself! You're here to confront her that you knew she's cheating with Siwon and you can't accept that!! Kyuhyun scolds himself.

 

Where's your pride?!

 

He deeply exhale.

 

Okay.. Mad at her! Tell her you're not her toy! Okay.. Here we go..

 

"What's your perfume?" Kyuhyun suddenly asks out of nowhere because that's only words that can get out of his lips now.

 

You laugh, "Why?"

 

So I can pathetically buy it on my own, and smell it whenever I miss you. Darn.. Kyuhyun feels like he's the biggest loser. "Well just.."

 

"I mix two perfume up. L'occitane green tea and Bottega Veneta.. Anyway, why? Is it strange? Did it really still linger in? The last time I put them on was when I had lunch break though.."

 

"It's nice. It's really.. you." Kyuhyun sighs. What the hell..

 

"Really? I also like how you always smelled so nice.. Funny how sometime a random scent can bring back a memory of something so vividly, you almost can touch it. Like your coconut hand cream, will always reminds me of Jeju. Oh! I used to wear this perfumes on spring, like when we're going to Jeju too!" You laugh at him. "Did you just shave oppa? I think whenever I smell this aftershave I will remember this moment.."

 

Kyuhyun frozen. If it's not fate than what is it? 

 

"So how's live, oppa? Did you really extremely busy to death you ignored all of my phone call?" Kyuhyun almost scoffs. But when he looks up, you have this innocent face on you. "Are you sure you're not avoiding me?"

 

Confused, Kyuhyun wrinkles his forehead absentmindedly. Are you joking? I can understand Ryeowook when he said that Siwon might not intended to do this to me. That he might being played in this game for three. But you..

 

The wine comes, followed by the foods. But you have no intention to touch any kind of foods, so you just silently cheers the wine with Kyuhyun.

 

"Well you called me numerous time back then. Do you have something to tell me?" Asks Kyuhyun, he sipped the wine while you gargle it up, and regret it in the next second. Because you can't handle the after effect.

 

"Uhm.. Nothing though.." You casually answer it, but seeing Kyuhyun reaction you just knew it is something to do with you. "Aah.. There’s one. I thought that you might be misunderstood that day when you saw me in Siwon oppa's home. It because he's drunk the day before, and I drove him home. Nothing really happened. Sorry I startled you up that day. It must be uncomfortable for you."

 

"Well.. Everybody knew you're dating him. So whether something or nothing happened that day, doesn't really affected me. You're dating him anyway." Kyuhyun couldn't bear to look up.

 

"Is me dating your hyung really bothersome for you?"

 

At that question, Kyuhyun looks straight at you. He could see the sincerity you put on your question, so he shakes his head absentmindedly. She doesn't look like she's pretending or anything... Is that really bothered me??? What is that mean?

 

"Really? Then what?" You think about it again. "Or.. It's me right? You must be thinking that your hyung deserve someone better?"

 

"What are your talking about? You're fine.."

 

"So we're alright, right? I thought you're mad at me for that, although that seems.."

 

Kyuhyun looks at you with confused but strong eyes, he couldn't believe you take all of this so casually.

 

"I know I should've had told you earlier, but you're there since the very beginning. You're there at the ss5 backstage and the cafe where his mom brought all of us to lunch. I thought declared that we're officially dating to you it's a bit somewhat cheesy, you know.. Furthermore, if it's not because of you, being all friendly to me, I thought I will never be that close to Siwon oppa too.”

 

“So, all of this, we're like this, just for you to get close with Siwon?”

 

“What?? Of course not!! Why would I hanging out with you if I just want to get close to Siwon oppa? I thought.. all of this time we’re close fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter