Playthrough

Playthrough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

playthrough

Daehyun/Youngjae

 

 

Clad in a dark green hoodie, Youngjae fiddles with his new camera. "Is this thing on? It's so hard to use..." He mutters.

His boyfriend Daehyun is by his side, donning a white snapback and a black sweater. Their cheeks are almost touching as they examine the contraption.

"I think it's upside down," Daehyun remarks, glancing to the computer screen. Sure enough, their faces appear lopsided.

Youngjae whines. "Oh god. This is so embarrassing." He manages to flip it around and they settle on the sofa.

"You can edit that part out, right?" Daehyun places his hand on Youngjae's thigh and squeezes.

"No, it's a livestream, idiot." Youngjae squeaks when Daehyun pinches him.

"Should have told me." He continues kneading Youngjae's thigh as he stares the camera with a frown, as if dissecting it. He then glances to the laptop screen. Comments are already flooding in, from compliments on Youngjae to questions about who Daehyun is.

"Hi everyone," Youngjae bubbles, waving to the camera. "Youngjae here. The last time we had a livestream was when I was playing The Escapists, right? It was a a week ago. Anyway, in my last video I said I'd be introducing my boyfriend."

Youngjae gestures to Daehyun with a wide smile. "So, here he is! Introduce yourself, Daehyun."

Daehyun stares at the camera. "Hi."

Comments burst in the live chat, some spouting absolute gibberish like the users had smashed their keyboards. 

"Can't you be more exciting?" Youngjae groans jokingly. Daehyun abruptly takes off his cap, leans over and kisses Youngjae's cheek.

"Hi," Daehyun repeats, casting Youngjae a smug smile. "Is that exciting enough?" 

He turns to the laptop and snorts in amusement at the barrage of comments. Most of them are again keyboard smashes or just plain AAAAAAAAAAAH!

"Your fans are screaming and spamming the chatbox."

"They're screaming because you scandalised them with that kiss," Youngjae drawls.

"Sorry." Daehyun salutes the camera.

"I'm sorry too. My boyfriend's disappointing, right, guys? This is why I put off revealing him for so long."

Youngjae squeals when Daehyun attempts to wrestle him down. He weakly fights Daehyun back as he laughs, "Let go of me!"

Daehyun eventually lets up with a playful warning glare and Youngjae adjusts his green hoodie with a vibrant smile. "I'm kidding, everyone," Youngjae says to the camera. "I've told you guys in some of my past videos that Daehyun isn't really interested in being in my vlogs, so that's why I don't show him. He's more of a private person. He's also a caveman who doesn't know much about YouTube."

"Hey, I watch Jamie Oliver's cooking videos."

"And you comment on every of them with questions, as if Jamie Oliver really runs the channel."

"He does reply some. I've seen him thank people for leaving nice comments," Daehyun protests.

"It's probably just a representative, Dae." Youngjae prods Daehyun's forehead with a laugh. "Anyway," he address the camera, "since Daehyun's reveal was the highest voted option for today's Q&A feature, here we are."

"Somebody exposed Daehyun already, in any case." Youngjae puffs up his cheeks and wags his fingers. "Yes, I've seen the photo spreading around."

"You mean the one where we were at the arcade?" Daehyun muses.

"Yeah. It's all your fault for kissing me. Now, eveyone knows."

"Better kissing than f-"

"Daehyun!" Youngjae hurriedly covers Daehyun's mouth, a light blush scrawling over his face. "You can't say that, you ."

"What? I was going to say 'fighting'. What were you thinking?" Daehyun raises his brows and shakes his head. Youngjae shoves him.

"He's annoying, isn't he?" Youngjae sighs to the camera. "I don't know why you guys wanted to meet him so badly."

"It's because I'm handsome," Daehyun remarks.

"Vain."

"I'm just saying what the comments are saying." Daehyun smirks and wraps an arm around Youngjae's waist.

"Anyway, shall we start our Q&A, guys? Ask us questions in the chat and we'll pick a few to answer," Youngjae hums, bringing the laptop closer. Questions pop out as they scroll through the numerous messages.

"How did you guys meet?" Youngjae taps his chin. "Um, through a mutual friend back when we were sophomores in college. It was my high school friend; he was in a group project with Da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter