1/1

Off Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"'Please do more communication!'" Yunhyeong reads out. "Yeesh, okay! Okay!"

They both chuckle softly from their spot on Yunhyeong's bed. Yunhyeong leaning forward to the phone screen to look through the comments. Eventually, through the sea of 'please speak English', 'say hi to Brazil' and 'I love you's he catches a comment.

"Chanwoo, when are you going to act again?" He reads aloud slowly, leaning back against the wall, turning his head and looking expectantly at the maknae next to him. Chanwoo seems taken aback, but his smile quickly returns to his face, albeit forced, and maybe a little upset even, but he's sure no one would notice. He turns his head to the camera again, clearing his untimely dry throat.

"I, uh.. want to focus on iKON as of now, of course." He makes sure to push the corners of his mouth a little further up, forming a (hopefully) convincing smile, while scanning the comments rapidly, desperately trying to change the subject, and he doesn't think he's been devastated at the fans being supportive until now.

 

"kekekeke"

"do it! do it!"

"come on chanu!"

 

"Yah, Chanwoo, how about 'Yah, Choi Youngdo!', the fans want you to say it!" Chanwoo's head turns at that, trying to send Yunhyeong a pleading expression while still barely remembering to smile for the live show. From Yunhyeong's innocently excited grin, Chanwoo knows he doesn't mean harm, but he's tired of hearing about his acting, especially after his talk with the manager today. He holds in the urge to sigh in relief when Yunhyeong moves back a little, giving him a small nod. He understood it.

At least he thought he did.

"Come on, Chanwoo-yah, do iiittttt!" Chanwoo watches in internal horror as Yunhyeong grabs his arm, shaking him slightly, completely not receiving whatever message he tried to send.

"A-ah why hyung?" He tries to make his tone light, but forcing as much 'please stop' in the undertones of his voice as possible.

"It's for the fans! Do you not love our fans?" Yunhyeong jokes, blissfully clueless, still gesturing to the camera with his signature bright smile.

Chanwoo groans internally, taking a deep breath before plastering a smile on his face again.

"How about you do it, hyung? I'm sure they've seen me do it a lot already," He speaks through gritted teeth, and he sounds a lot less happy than he would've liked to. He turns to the camera, trying to play his previous tone off with a brighter voice. "Right? Yunhyeong hyung should do it, yeah?"

"But, come on-"

"Hyung."

"Chanwo-"

"No!! Okay?" He doesn't know what makes him snap, and maybe what came out sounded worse than he initially thought, because Yunhyeong's playful smile drops, hand frozen mid-way to Chanwoo's shoulder, retracting pitifully back to his side as his brown eyes blink a few times, hurt, almost. But they're professionals, he knows, because in no time, Yunhyeong's smile is right back on his face. Chanwoo can tell, though, that everything about his cheerful demeanour is fake. Maybe it's from the way he sits a little further from him than normal, so their arms no longer touch, maybe it's the way that he's a little stiffer in the way he straightens his back, maybe it's the lack of the usually friendly glint in his cresent shaped eyes. Either way, Chanwoo can tell. But, maybe out of spite, he's not sorry, rather in triumph, even, that Yunhyeong was upset.

The silent tension between them only grows in the next few minutes of the live. Small, unnoticeable disagreements here and there, insignificant, at least they would have been usually, because they'd be lying if they said they couldn't feel the air in the room getting heavier with each passing minute.

"Yeah, actually, I don't feel too well, so maybe let's end this live a little early." Chanwoo blurts out, cutting off whatever Yunhyeong was talking about, not wanting to be under the eyes of twenty thousand people any longer. Out of the corner of his eye he sees Yunhyeong sending him a annoyed look, which he promptly ignores as he smiles for the camera again. "I'm sorry, guys, goodbye! Goodnight KONICs!"

 

"no no no don't gooo ㅠㅠ"

"don't leave~ :("

"good night!"

"please nooooo"

 

He makes sure to wave at the camera one last time before pressing the button, throwing the phone somewhere else on the bed, letting it sink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter