First Time: Nayeon x Jeongyeon

First Time

It's just after midnight, and the girls are arriving to the dorm. With eyes half open, they sluggishly prepare themselves to get out of the van. Nayeon sleeps leaning peacefully on Jeonngyeon who mindlesssly scrolls through her phone. The low hum of her music can be heard through her headphones.

"Jeong, come on."  Jeongyeon pops out one of the earbuds, lifting a curious brow at Jihyo. "we have schedule at 8 tomorrow meaning we have to be out of here by 6."

She nods ands resumes scrolling.  Jihyo, shakes her head before heading out of the van. It's just the two of them now. Whether she procrastinated to have just a second alone, or she was just being lazy, Jeongyeon wasn't too sure herself. They had been so busy lately with fansigns, music shows, interviews and the like, so it was nice to sit and do nothing for even a short time. She peeks down at Nayeon, smiling a bit at her sleeping face. She very carefully adjusts herself to get a better view. Nayeon looks so serene it would be a shame to wake her, even though the thought of it was amusingly appealing to Jeongyeon. "Nayeon-ah," she whispers. "We're home." It's no surprise that the older girl doesn't respond in the slightest. Jeongyeon blows gently on Nayeon's face, laughing quietly at how her it scrunches up. "Nayeonie" she chimes, blowing in her face again. Nayeon groans, hitting Jeongyeon on her arm. 

"Your breath smells weird" 

Jeongyeon scoffs. "I like you better when you're asleep." She pushes Nayeon off of her. "Come on or else you're gonna hear it from Jihyo." Jeongyeon grabs her bag and wrap the headphones careleessly around her phone. As she exits the van, Nayeon gathers her things stuffing them in her small bag. 

"Jeongyeon"

Jeongyeon looks at her, expecting a sly comment. 

"Can you carry me in?" She asks full of aegyo.

Jeongyeon slams the door behind her rolling her eyes and heads toward the dorm, leaving Naeyon alone in the van.

Jeaongyeon opes the door to see Jihyo still in the front room, tidying up. 

"Where's Nayeon?" She asks without a glance. She shifts a pillow that wasn't out of place. 

"Still in the car, I'm assuming." She kicks her shoes off and places them neatly by the door. "You want some help?" It's needless to ask, as she is already beggining to pick up stray items from the floor. 

The door closes behind them, causing Jihyo to jump. Nayeon doesn't say a thing and goes straight to her room. Jihyo lets out an exasperated sigh. She faces Jeongyeon her hands on her hips, shifting her weight to one side. She stares at her and Jeongyeon pretends not to notice her gaze. Picking up things here and there. Unnecessarily straightening things. This goes on for a few seconds before Jihyo clears and crosses her arms. 

"What?" She finally says in a huff.

"What did you say to her?" 

Jeongyeon rolls her neck back "I didn't say anything."

"Okay, then what did you do?"

"Nothing."

"Then why is she sulking. Again."

"I don't know, Jihyo." 

"Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon looks away. Her silence says enough for Jihyo. 

"Whatever it is, fix it." She says turning away. 

 Jeongyeon sits down on the couch. She knows she should be going to bed as well, but she knew if she didn't set things right with Nayeon she wouldn't hear the end of it from Jihyo. She resolved to apologize in the morning and made her way to get bedroom.


It's still dark out, the sun barely peeking above the horizon, yet the dorm is lively. Jeongyeon stuffs the last of her neccesities in a denim backpack. She laughs at Momo who despite her movement looks very much asleep. Out of the 9, it seemed like Momo was the worst at waking up. 

"I hope everyone has everything," Jihyo beckons from the other room. "our managers should be here in 5 minutes." 

With that being said, Jeongyeon pushes herself out of the bed, doing one more mental check of everything she might need. Momo still sits on the bed with eyes clothes, her bag still half open. Jeongyeon shakes her head. She slings her backpack onto her back then walks over to Momo. She crouches down in front of her so that they are face to face. She pushes stray hairs behind her ear, causing her to smile. 

"Wake up, Momoring!" She says cupping her cheeks in both hands. Momo laughs, mimicking Jeongyeon's action. Jeongyeon pokes out her lips making a kissy face, which Momo also copies. They both giggle.

"The vans are here." The sudden voice startles them both. Jeongyeon looks up to see Nayeon at the doorway, still sulky, maybe moreso than usual. She begins to wonder how long she had been standing there. She walks off without another word. Momo finally stands, she stretches before reaching down to retrieve her bag.

-

The ride to their schedule is not a long one, only 30 minutes or so. Even still, it leaves Jeongyeon with time to think. She put in her headphones and pressed play. The van is relatively quiet. Naeyon sits beside her, but stares out the window. She hasn't really said anything to Jeongyeon since the night before. Jeongyeon can certainly sense that Nayeon is upset, but decides to let it go for now. It was hard to figure her out. She was like a child in many ways despite being the oldest in the group. Whenever she was scolded or didn't get her way, she would pout and sulk. Jeongyeon didn't mind it, not usually anyway. They would often tease each other, and this time was no different, so it seemed. But Jeongyeon couldn't help but feel a little guilty. Maybe slamming the door was too harsh? She could have just imagined it, but the look on her face before they left was one of hurt. She shook the thought away and tried to focus on her music. 

She hadn't even finished the song when the van came to a halt. Nayeon was one of the first people out, as if she couldn't wait for the ride to end. Jihyo, who sat in front of Jeongyeon turned around to face her. The look she gave her said it all.

"I know, I know. I'll fix it." 

It was about 6:30 now. This meant they had about an hour to eat, do hair and make up and get changed. It didn't leave much time for anything let alone an apology. Jeongyeon knew she had to work it in somehow. 

They arrived to their event, an interview, with little time to spare. Almost immediately they were ushered to hair and make up. They took turns between hair and makeup and having breakfast. Jeongyeon along with 4 other members quickly scarfed down the breakfast they were provided. Meanwhile, Nayeon, Jihyo, Tzuyu and Mina were being worked on by the makeup artists. 

"What happened?" Jihyo asked Nayeon seemingly out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" she mumbled.

"You've been sulking since last night. I know Jeong had something to do with it. So what happened?"

"Don't want to talk about it." 

Her response was short. She knew she sounded rude and didn't mean for it to come out that way.

"At least not here." she said a little more politely in an attempt to redeem her previous comment. 

Jihyo reached over and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. 

Nayeon had never been the type to be straightforward when it came to her feelings. She preferred to flirt a bit and hope the person figured it out for themselves. It had always worked in the past, but it seemed like Jeongyeon was blatanly ignoring all of her signals. She knew she would probably have to tell her directly, but the thought of rejection terrified her. Why was she being so oblivious? 


The rest of the day went somewhat uneventfully. They finished their first schedule around noon and had lunch in the van on the way to the next. Their final schedule ended around 6 and they had practice until 9. Between then, Jeongyeon found it hard to get Nayeon alone long enough to say what she needed to, and even though her mood brightened throughout the day, there was still tension between the two. 

She liked Nayeon. She really did, but much like the little boys in grade school, she found it easier to than to confront any feelings she may have had. 

They arrived back to the dorm just before 10. Everyone showered, changed and got ready for bed. They didn't have schedule until later the next day, so there was no rush for them to go to sleep. Even still, most of the members lay in bed going through social media or playing games on their phones. Nayeon and Jihyo sat out in the front room, chatting on the couch. After a beat of silence, Jihyo finally asked "So what happened with you and Jeongyeon?"

"Who said it had anything to do with Jeongyeon?" 

Jihyo gave Nayeon a look. There was no use trying to play anything off. 

"She just...I don't know. I just feel like sometimes she likes me and sometimes she doesn't, you know?"

"You both do that, Nayeon."

"Yeah, but I've tried showing her that I really do like her, but she doesn't catch on. Like, she was being sweet all day. She let me sleep on her on our way back, but when we were getting out of the van she slammed the door in my face. Whenever I try to be cute around her, she acts like she can't stand it."

"So that's what it was?"

"Yeah, but she never does it to Momo. This morning, she was acting so cute to Momo.They were literally almost kissing, Jihyo."

"Look, I don't think she does it on purpose. Maybe she really just doesn't know. It's like it's obvious to everyone but her."

"Everyone?"

"Literally everyone can tell, Nayeon. You're not subtle."

They both laugh.

"Seriously, though you might just have to tell her honestly."

Nayeon can't think of a good enough excuse to come back with. 

-

In her room, Jeongyeon was on her back staring at the ceiling. Her bedmate was unsruprisingly fast asleep. She could hear Nayeon and Jihyo out in the front room laughing and talking. Now would probably be a good time to make amends. Careful not to wake her, Jeongyeon crawled out of the bed and made her way to the front room. 

"Hey." She said casually, sitting down on the chair next to the couch. Nayeon clears but doesn't acknowledge her.

"Hey. I thought you were going to sleep."

"How could I with you two being so loud?" 

It was meant to be a joke, but it came out a little harsher than intended. They sat in silence for a while before Jeongyeon spoke again.

"What are you doing out here anyway?"

"Nothing really. We were just talking." Jihyo says. Then silence again. The atmosphere is becoming awkward and Jeongyeon considers just going back into her room when Jihyo stands. 

"Well, it's late. I'm gonna head to bed." She looks directly at Nayeon. "Now's as good a time as any." Naeyon meets her gaze with a serious expression; she knew exactly what Jihyo meant.

 Jihyo's sudden exit fills both girls with anxiety. Jeongyeon was no good with apologies and Naeyon was equally poor with confessions. So, for a while they both sat in silence with so much to be said. 

Jeongyeon moves over to the couch. They don't face each other. Nayeon pretends to be preoccupied with something on her phone screen while Jeongyeon looks at the floor. 

"I'm sorry." Jeongyeon finally says.

Nayeon doesn't respond. After a moment of silence, Jeongyeon turns her body to face Nayeon. "Nayeon-ah. I'm sorry. Seriously. I shouldn't have...I'm sorry. Okay?" Nayeon nods, acknowledging Jeongyeon's words, but still says nothing. She feels a knot in her stomach. She can't bring herself to say anything.

Jeongyeon scoffs. "So you're just going to ignore me? Forget it." She gets up to go back to her room but Nayeon grabs her hand. She looks to Nayeon, contemplating whether she should sit back down or pull away. 

"Don't leave." Nayeon mutters. Jeongyeon lets out a sigh and sits back down to face Nayeon. She lifts Nayeon's chin with one finger. 

"Then stop ignoring me." She brushes her thumb lightly across Nayeon's cheek. She pushes stray strands of hair from her face and tucks them behind her ear looking into Nayeon's eyes as if she's searching for an answer. Nayeon feels herself start to blush and turns away. Jeongyeon chuckles softly.

"Why do you do this, Jeongyeon?" 

"Do what?" Jeongyeon asks confused. She pulls away from her a little. 

"You make me so upset, then turn around and act sweet. I don't understand."

"Do I?" 

Nayeon nods. Jeongyeon grabs both of Nayeon's hands and looks at her sincerly. The heat rises again on Nayeon's cheeks. Jeongyeon is close enough to her that she can feel her breath. She has an urge to kiss her, but knows this would probably be a poor time to do so. 

"Nayeon, It's just that...I don't know. I didn't know it seemed that way. I guess-"

Her body seems to act on its own and before she can realize it, her lips are pressed against Jeongyeon's. She kisses her deeply before Jeongyeon breaks away. 

"Wh-what was that?" Jeongyeon asks laughing nervously. 

"I like you, Jeongyeon." Nayeon stares down at the floor. Jeongyeon laughs prompting Nayeon to slap her in the arm. She laughs again rubbing the sore spot on her arm. 

After a second, she places her hand gently on the back of Nayeon's neck pulling her close. Their lips brushed together then kissed her passionately. They kissed like that on the couch for what felt like an eternity to Nayeon. 

"So...does that mean you like me too?"

"What? You're so weird."

"But do you?" Jeongyeon chuckled, looking away. 

"Yeah, I do."

"Then say it."

"Say what?"

"Say that you like me." 

Jeongyeon okisses her again tenderly. "I like you."