Chapter One

(Never) Ready to Say Goodbye

Hoseok stirs in his sleep, whining softly as the warm sunlight begins to land across his . A soft chuckle sounds beside him, and he shifts to blindly pull a pillow over his face for protection. A familiar set of arms wraps around his waist, and soft lips press to his skin.

“Hyung~” Changkyun coos, earning yet another whine from the older man. “Hyung, didn’t you say you had an important meeting this morning?”

“Nnnn,” he says in return, despite the younger’s words having sufficiently woken up. Changkyun giggles beside him, and suddenly the pillow is pulled off his face. He cracks his eyes open, pouting blatantly at the beautiful young man now hovering over him.

“Good morning, hyung~”

The sweet tone is enough to wipe all negative thoughts from his mind. A perfectly pure smile breaks out over his face, and he moves close to kiss him tenderly on the lips. Changkyun moans softly under his breath at the gesture, instinctively pressing his body against the older’s. He breaks away, raising a single brow.

“So… when exactly was your meeting, hyung?”

Hoseok bursts out into a fit of laughter, pulling the younger man close to continue kissing him. It doesn’t matter to him if he’s late to that stupid meeting. It’s not as if they can start without him, anyway. He is the CEO, after all.

 

Changkyun meanders dazedly into his own apartment, barely thinking in time to slip out of his shoes before shuffling towards his room.

“Changkyun-ah?”

The young man pauses mid-step, glancing in the direction of the voice. Kihyun’s head pops his head out into the hall, just out of the laundry room.

“Well, well,” he muses, a tinge of sarcasm in his voice, “you’re alive. It’s been a couple days since we’ve seen you around here.”

“I’m surprised you and Minhyuk-hyung noticed,” Changkyun chuckles, smirking knowingly at the boy’s messed-up collar. Kihyun purses his lips, rolling his eyes at the obvious diversionary tactic.

“Don’t change the subject,” he tells the younger. “This isn’t about my relationship, it’s about the one you’re hiding so badly from us.” Changkyun frowns, sighing heavily as he turns away to continue on his way to his room.

“I want to meet him!” Kihyun calls after him before he can close the door. Changkyun groans in aggravation, throwing himself onto his own bed. He hugs his pillow close to his torso, squeezing his eyes shut as he breathes in deeply. His pillow doesn’t smell like Hoseok’s pillows, missing that wonderfully light floral scent the older man always has. He sighs in disappointment at the lack of smell, shifting to bury his nose in the sweatshirt he’d managed to steal from Hoseok before leaving.

His heart races at the smell, his head absolutely swimming with the sensation. He just loves how Hoseok smells, how he smiles… how he holds Changkyun so incredibly close amidst his nightmares.

Ugh, he’s got it so bad already it’s almost sickening. He’d never thought when all this began that things would turn out like this…

 

“You… what?”

Hoseok had smiled then, that beautiful smile Changkyun would grow to know so well.

“I’d like to dance with you,” Hoseok had repeated, “and, maybe, buy you a drink after?” He’d shifted to be closer to Changkyun on the bench to try and be heard better over the pounding club music filling the air around them. “That is, if you’re not here with anyone…”

“N-No!” Changkyun had been quick to reassure him. “I mean, yeah, I’m here with a couple friends, but they’re probably busy blowing each other in the bathroom by now.” Hoseok had burst out into laughter, and Changkyun had realized only then what he’d said. “S-Sorry… I shouldn’t have said that.” Hoseok giggled under his breath, slipping an arm around his shoulders.

“It’s okay, cutie,” Hoseok had assured him, tilting his head to the side. “So, how about that dance?”

 

Changkyun chuckles lightly at the memory, his eyes twinkling with fondness. That night, he’d gone back home with Hoseok, and had possibly the best of his entire life. Granted, that’s not really saying much considering how he hasn’t had much in his entire life, but still…

It wasn’t too long after when his father had been fired, and his family had been thrown into a financial tailspin. He’d gone to Hoseok to call things off, as he would need to get a job and he simply didn’t have time to work at a new relationship, a new job, and his classes. But, Hoseok hadn’t been willing to let him go just yet, and he’d come back into his life only two days later with the most outlandish and intriguing proposal Changkyun has ever gotten: to be his sugar daddy.

Of course, this kind of relationship only works best when feelings aren’t involved. But, Changkyun knows it’s much too late for that. He’s willing to stay with Hoseok for as long as the older man wants him, but he knows he’s just on borrowed time now.

Changkyun suddenly pushes himself up off the bed, stumbling over to his chest of drawers to pulls out some fresh clothes. He ought to shower and catch up on some readings before class… and do his best to get thoughts of one day having to leave the older man some day out of his mind.