123 TAP

The Big Night
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Before you start reading, I just wanted to give a quick…”warning”. There is a very brief mention of Jonghyun at the end. As we are all still coping, I thought it wouldn't be right to to have it sprung on you.

 

Please enjoy and forgive me for any mistakes I didn't catch.





 

"1.2.3. tap. 1.2. tap. Tap."




 

The young girl looked at herself in the mirror, anxiety clear on her face. Her pearl white princess dress stopped just below her knees, which were covered in matching stockings. Her hands played with the hem of her dress as her pearl aqua tap shoes echoed through the hall.

 

"You can do it." She told herself. She was only five years old and she was about to perform in front of 65,000 people. Not only that, she was in a foreign country. The pressure was on.

 

“Are you ready?” The young girl jumped, panic on her face. Your heart dropped at the sight. Your little girl was about to have a mental breakdown.

 

“Jongmi, you don’t have to do this. I can tell daddy you’re too scared.” Jongmi felt her eyes burn from the oncoming tears. The sight pained your heart. You approached your daughter and brought her in for a hug.

 

She pushed herself up on the tip of her toes, wrapping her little arms around your neck.

 

“That’s not fair to daddy.” She said with a few sniffles. “I-I can do it.”

 

You smiled at your daughter, placing a kiss on her cheek. You released each other from your embrace and extended your hand towards her as she wiped her tears. She grabbed your hand and you set off for the changing area. Key was the first to notice your arrival.

 

“How cute!” He squealed. With his phone in hand, he rushed to unlock the screen, desperately wanting to take a picture of his little niece. Minho rushed to do the same, grabbing his phone from a nearby stylist.

 

“You're  going to do great Jongmi.” Minho gently pat her head, giving her a comforting smile.

 

“Thank you.” She said in the tiniest voice. Jongmi smiled at her uncle's, a blush forming on her face.

 

You looked up to see your husband approaching you.  He was dressed in an all white suit, save the pearl aqua tie and tap shoes to match his daughter. He placed a kiss on your lips then kneeling down to face your precious Jongmi.

 

“Are you ready kiddo?” Jinki's smile eased Jongmi as she smiled the same one back at him. It warmed your heart.

 

“I'm ready.”

 

Jinki placed a kiss on his daughter's head, then picking her up to head to the stage. The time had come for Jinki's solo.

 

It had been an eventful two months. Jinki was at a

Please log in to read the full chapter