For a Kiss

For A Kiss

What would you do for a kiss?

If you would say everything, you may be an eyeglasses-wearing geek with braces who’s probably never been kissed his entire life (sans his mom, of course) and would probably die a too. 

But what if you’re a guy who got hundred thousand girls who were willing to sell their souls to the devil just to touch the clothes you’re wearing (crazy fan girl alert!)? Would you be that desperate for a kiss too?

So, to avoid confusion, let me rephrase that question.

What would you do for Sandara Park’s kiss?

Kwon Jiyong asked this to himself several times and the answer would always be the same—everything!

It all started when Sandara Park turned him down when he asked her to be his girlfriend. He even rented the whole restaurant for himself and had a billboard-wide tarpaulin printed out just to pull the whole thing off. But what did she say? A big fat NO!

But then, Kwon Jiyong’s a persistent man. He would never give up just because she turned him down. He told himself that she was probably too shock to understand that words that she was saying. Well at least, that was what he wanted to believe.

He let out a groan and scratched the back of his head as he remembered what she did that fateful day. He allowed her to stalk him and even allowed her to capture every moment in camera. Yet, it was as if all her hard work was flushed on the toilet. The video never came out in the internet. He realized that she stepped down and another member became administrator of his fan cafe. He made a mental note to add some more security personnel in the YGE building a year from now. Some crazy stalker would try to break in.

Fans—they seem crazier as each day passed by. Sometimes, Kwon Jiyong would wonder if all fan cafes had that kind of tradition. What if Sandara Park had that kind of fans too?

Just the thought scared him. And so, he immediately looked for her fan cafe and registered as a member. He would try his best to be the administrator, but then, it was easier said than done. In the first place, the fan cafe already had an administrator.

He took his phone and pressed a few buttons before placing it over his ear. He heard the phone ringing for twice before someone answered it. Without even greeting the person, he didn’t waste time and told the person he called what he needed.

“Hyung, I need you to trace someone.” Kwon Jiyong said with an evil glint on his eyes. He told him the details that he already knew before he ended the call. After a few minutes, the person called him back and gave him the name and address of the person. He also sent to Jiyong the background information he got.

The very next day, the administrator of Sandara Park’s fan cafe posted his resignation letter because he had to go to Paris. He said that he got a sudden promotion from his job and he was badly needed in Paris. By the end of the day, the search for Sandara Park’s fan cafe administrator started.

(A/N. Sneaky boy you are, Kwon Jiyong.)

Any willing member could apply for a spot. All they had to do was submit a proposal about the future activities. Kwon Jiyong was the first to submit his application (of course, under his pseudo name.)

When he woke up the next morning (about 3 am), he realized that he was still the only one who had submitted an application. He felt like he was the luckiest man alive! A fan cafe couldn’t survive a few days without an administrator and he could feel that by the end of the day, he would be declared as the administrator. 

To prove that he was really lucky, he found out that Sandara was online. He was about to talk to her when she told her that she and the girls was about to leave for the airport. She only went online because she heard that her fan cafe had no administrator and she wanted to encourage her fans to apply. 

He was about to say that there’s no need for further encouragements when he realized that she just posted something. And he could have sworn out he heard a gunshot (or was that a volcanic eruption?) He realized that he fell off his chair and so, he picked himself up and read the post once again, just to make sure that his eyes weren’t playing tricks with him again. 

“Off to the States! Please apply for admin guys! Whoever will be chosen will have a KISS from me. Bbyong!”

Sandara’s post was like a crack on the dam. And you know what they say, once you let a drop out, the entire river would follow. 

Just 5 minutes had pass and the application was closed. Only 10 applications were accepted—and that meant that Kwon Jiyong had 9 competitions he had to win. 

He picked up his phone once again and even if the sun had not risen yet, he still dialled the number. The phone rang at least 10 times before someone answered. Jiyong heard a loud yawn and he slightly felt guilty for waking someone up. And so he even before asking for a favour again, he said what he was willing to give in return.

“I swear, I’ll give your daughter free autographed albums and a free pass for our next concert.” 

“YAH! Kwon Jiyong, in case you have forgotten, Yoojin’s not even 1 year old yet. And I own the company, of course I’ll get tickets for free.” The man on the other line said in an annoyed tone.

“Hyun Seok hyung!! You know that you’re the only one who had access to the real names of all the members of our fan cafes. I just need to know their names! I promise, this is the last time I’m going to call you in the middle of the night.” Kwon Jiyong pleaded.

“Fine! I’ll send you the names in a few minutes.” Hyun Seok replied just to avoid further more nagging. He groaned before ending the call. After 5 minutes, Kwon Jiyong received an email from Hyun Seok.

Kwon Jiyong almost had a heart attack as he saw the names of his fellow contenders. He thought that he was the only celebrity among them, but he was dead wrong. As a matter of fact, they were all celebrities. But then, Kwon Jiyong wouldn’t let them win. He was in an advantage of course. He knew who his enemies were. And he was going to strike them without them knowing it.

First on his list was Choi Minhwan. God! Could this kid just find someone his age? Kwon Jiyong let out a nervous laugh—he felt like a hypocrite all of a sudden. 

Second and third were both actors—Song JoongKi and Lee Jihoon. They were good actors, Jiyong admitted it. But that’s it. 

The fourth one almost made Kwon Jiyong’s blood boil. He was the king of the online world and Sandara was his queen. Yet the soccer player [web] flirted with Sandara. David Ki was going down!

The fifth and the sixth were from MBLAQ—Lee Joon and Mir. It took Kwon Jiyong two minutes to remember who Lee ChangSun and Bang ChulYeong were. Jiyong already knew what to do with them.

The seventh one was Kevin of U-KISS. For some odd reasons, Kevin reminded Jiyong of himself. But, Jiyong knew that he was cuter than Kevin. 

The eighth one was Jang Wooyoung. Just great—Wooyoung was Sandara’s Park second greatest (Jiyong was the greatest) fan boy who wasn’t afraid of telling the whole world that he liked Sandara. He’s really a competition.

Kwon Jiyong wanted to kill the ninth one on the list. What a traitor—that SeungRat! He was supposed to be loyal to the Kwon Leader! But look at what he did—he applied to be Sandara’s fan cafe’s administrator. Kwon Jiyong groaned—he always knew that the maknae carried a torch for Sandara. But then, Jiyong wouldn’t let the maknae win, right?

Kwon Jiyong planned everything in 3 hours and he was about to put his plan into action when his best friend, Dong Youngbae knocked on his door and offered him some breakfast. Yes, he should eat first. He couldn’t just go to war with an empty stomach. And so, he spent 30 minutes eating his breakfast and chatting with his best friend.

His breakfast would have been uneventful if only Bigbang’s maknae didn’t join them in the table. Jiyong stopped eating as he glared at Lee Seungri and followed him with his eyes. He dropped his chopsticks before he stood up to leave. He was about to close the door behind him when he gave Seungri another death glare and mouthed the words “I’ll be watching you”.

Seungri’s presence reminded him of the plan he made earlier and he must not waste more time. He was already full and he could feel the adrenaline pumping within him. He was more than excited to ruin the lives of those fan boys.

Kwon Jiyong returned to his room and decided to do some background check on Choi Minhwan. He found out that the younger boy’s ideal girl must be someone who was less than 163 centimeters, must be short and cute, liked pink and yellow, and liked Hoobastank and Linkin Park. Kwon Jiyong’s eyebrows furrowed. The little twerp just described Sandara. Oh well, these pieces of information didn’t matter much now. Kwon Jiyong’s plans were all set now. He dialled a phone number and talked to someone (and he was told to wait for a few hours to see the outcome of his plan). He then sent an anonymous email to David Ki’s coach and told him that David Ki had been missing out some workout because he was been spending time on the internet. 

While waiting, he took a bath and prepared himself. After 30 minutes of long bubble bath and another 30 minutes of deciding what to wear, Kwon Jiyong was finally ready to leave. He called his driver so that by the time he came down from his room, his driver would be ready already.

Kwon Jiyong was about to enter his car when he received a message. He clicked the link that was provided and a smile crept on his face. 

“Choi Minhwan, Song JoongKi and Lee Jihoon confirmed to be in a new drama to be filmed in Australia.”

He checked Sandara’s fancafe and 4 applications were taken out. And this meant something too!

Kwon Jiyong searched for news about David Ki and he found out that he would be spending some time climbing hills in Scotland to make up for missing a few workout sessions. Jiyong let out an evil laugh due to his success.4 down, 5 more to go! And he shouldn’t waste more time, so he told his driver to drive him to MBLAQ’s dorm. 

When they were nearly on their destination, Jiyong spotted the MBLAQ boys exiting their dorm. He rolled his window down so that Thunder could see him.

“Hyung! What are you doing here?” Thunder said as he spotted Jiyong. Jiyong was still inside the car considering that he didn’t want to make it too obvious to the boys that he really planned to be there.

“Oh, I was just passing by.” Jiyong said coolly to his potential soon-to-be brother-in-law. “Anyway, I heard that Joon and Mir applied for your sister’s fan café. I heard that your sister will kiss whoever becomes the next administrator.” He said to make Thunder angry—and judging from the looks of the younger boy, he was really mad. He glared at Mir and Joon and it was Kwon Jiyong’s cue to leave. He didn’t even bother to say goodbye. Evil prat.

A few minutes after, he checked Sandara’s fan café and there were only 4 applications left—one of which was his. So, Kevin, Wooyoung and Seungri were the only competition he had left.

He then called Arirang network and told them that he was willing to invest for a show. He wanted Kevin to host the show together with Alexander. The concept of the show was travelling around the world and experiencing different cultures but at the same time, promoting Korea to other countries. The owner of Arirang loved it. And it didn’t even take 5 minutes before Kevin withdrew his application.

The next one to bring down was probably the hardest one for Jiyong. Wooyoung was after all, Sandara Park’s diehard fan boy. But then, he was G-dragon and Wooyoung was not even his match. Knowing that Hyun Seok and Park JinYoung were close friends, he used their friendship as an advantage. He told JYP about Wooyoung’s application which sent the latter mad because of what his artist did behind his back. Jang Wooyoung knew better than apply for Sandara Park’s fan café just to get a kiss. What would the fans say when they find out? 2PM did give off a bad boy image but they shouldn’t give off a man-who-is-desperate-for-a-kiss image. It would lessen their value! JYP assured Kwon Jiyong that he would be taking the matter in his own hands and would put this into a stop.

After 5 minutes, Jang Wooyoung withdrew his application. Jiyong pictured out an upset and devastated Jang Wooyoung and just the thought sent Jiyong into euphoria. Jiyong could now feel his victory—but he wouldn’t be totally victorious without defeating Victory himself.

Jiyong arrived in YGE building after a few minutes and he immediately went inside and started writing a song. He saw Seungri passing by and he told the maknae that he would produce a new digital single for him. Lee Seungri was more than ecstatic. After years of waiting, he was finally having a solo song again! He was so happy that when Jiyong told him to withdraw his application, he immediately said yes. Jiyong heard him mutter something like “I’m still noona’s favourite dongsaeng though.”

So, by the end of the day, Kwon Jiyong was a million won poorer but he felt happy because he was the only one left. Before the sun set, he was declared as the new administrator of Sandara Park’s fan café.

He waited for three days for the kiss. The girls would arrive that day from the States and Jiyong couldn’t stop thinking of Sandara Park’s lips. They looked soft and pink and just thinking about kissing it made Kwon Jiyong tingly all over. Then, the moment he had been waiting for finally here! Sandara Park was walking towards him and it was obvious that she just got from the airport.

“Yah! Kwon Jiyong! I heard that you’re the new admin of my fan café. Did you bribe the president like I did when I wanted to be the administrator of your fan café?” Sandara said with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

“Bribe? Huh? We can do that?” Jiyong asked with confusion.

“Of course we can dummy! We are YG artist! There are benefits included with our titles.” Sandara said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

Kwon Jiyong wanted to hurt himself. If he knew this, he wouldn’t have spent millions trying to get rid of those fan boys. But who cares? The course of true love never did run smooth right? At least, he was going to have his kiss.

“So, where’s my prize?” Jiyong said as asked for his prize. He leaned forward and puckered his lips so that it would be easier for her.

Sandara looked at him like he was some big oaf. Then, she handed out a CD to him. Jiyong looked at her with confusion.

“What’s this?” He asked.

“Kiss.” Sandara said. “This is the prize. I posted in my fan café that whoever would be the administrator, I will give him a copy of unedited version of KISS.”

Jiyong felt his whole world collapse. “But…you said you’ll give the admin a kiss.”

Sandara smirked before she started to walk away from the boy. “Well, I might have missed writing that one.”

 

-----

The end.