Chapter 1/1

Indirect Kisses

Cups, unfinished foods, bottles, etc. Minho wasn’t going crazy, but he felt he would if he had to keep craving the luscious lips of someone he wasn’t supposed to love.

The maknae of SHINee, Lee Taemin had fascinated Minho since the first day he knew him.

He had a beautiful smile, had bright eyes he could drown in, and was just perfect in Minho’s eyes. He could never say to him about how much he liked him because he feared the rejection that he thought might come. He would always overthink things that lead to SHINee breaking up and there was no way that he would his heart and stupid feelings ever cause something like that to happen.

And so, he just stayed silent, gazing at the one he loved from afar.

Minho could, however, indirectly get to have him.

Whenever they ate, he asked for a piece off of Taemin’s plate. He always took a sip out of Taemin’s straw. He did everything he could to at least try to get what he wanted.

After about a year and a half of doing that, though, he began to get restless. He craved more and more, wanting the other’s lips on his. Taemin had also been eating in his room more often, so he couldn’t even have his normal fix.

Minho his lips as he looked over to Taemin’s room which glowed from the edges of the closed door. Minho sighed and rested his head back on the couch. 

What to do, what to do…

He glanced back at the door, then back to the ceiling.

Should I… No… Yes?... I don’t know… 

Minho just wanted to go in there and confess to his obsession right then and there, but he had his doubts. 

What if Taemin didn’t accept and shove him out of his room, ultimately leaving him alone forever? 

Or what if Taemin just didn’t want to around be a disgusting gay and decided to leave SHINee?

Most of all, what would happen if he said yes…

Well, I’m not going to get anywhere if I don’t do anything…  Come on Minho, just man up!

Minho put on a determined look and stood up… and sat down… then stood again. He found himself shaking but tried to fight it. 

Now or never.

Minho walked to Taemin’s room as confidently as he could. He put one shaking hand on the doorknob and turned it slowly. He held his breath before flinging the door open and nearly yelling,

“Taemin-ah, I love you!”

Minho stood there for a few moments with his eyes screwed shut, just waiting for Taemin’s rejections. When he heard none, he let out the breath he was holding and opened his eyes. He looked over to where Taemin’s bed was and found that… Taemin was, in fact, FAST ASLEEP.

Minho stood, frozen, his cheeks reddening by the minute. He had no confidence in him at all to do this anymore and was about to turn around and leave forever, but somehow he found himself staring at Taemin’s face.

The younger had an almost angelic glow about him. His face just seemed to light up and he had gentle features that were accentuated just right. He looked even more beautiful now in his most pure and relaxed state of sleep.

Minho couldn’t help but drift over to him slowly and sit down next to him on the edge of the bed. Taemin had soft and slow breathing and Minho had no trouble at all imagining holding the younger in his arms and feeling his chest bob up and down gently. Minho unconsciously let his hand grip Taemin’s softly. 

He knew it was against his better judgment, but he leaned down close enough to feel the younger’s breath against his cheeks. Minho shut his eyes and closed the distance between them, placing his lips on Taemin’s.

Everything he had been holding back since forever was let go in that moment. He wasn’t even thinking about what would happen next. All that mattered was Taemin.

Minho relaxed into the kiss until he felt Taemin kiss back. He tried to break away but was stopped by arms wrapping around his neck.

“You know I was awake that entire time, right?”

Minho’s eyes widened as he saw Taemin’s open gently, a smile playing on his lips. Minho started to babble something about being so sorry and he didn’t know what had come over him but was soon shushed by Taemin pulling him into another kiss. Minho blushed darker and heard Taemin ask,

“Is what you said true? Do you love me Minho? Do you really?”

Taemin was looking down now, blushing almost as red as Minho was. Minho gulped hard.

“Would it be a bad thing if I said I did?”

Another gulp. Then a little laugh.

“Are you saying what I think you’re saying, Minho?”

“Th-that depends on what you think I’m saying, I guess.”

Minho blushed darker and Taemin smiled brighter than before, pulling the older into yet another kiss.

“I love you too, Minho.”

Minho’s eyes bulged. 

“Whaat?! You mean it?!”


Taemin nodded.

“When I met you, I knew you were the one.”

“Why didn’t you ever say anything?”

“I didn’t want to have the pain and suffering of rejection. Which is also why I’m guessing it took you this long to confess.”

Minho’s eyes started to swell a bit with tears.

“So you really feel the same?”

Taemin cupped Minho’s cheeks and nodded before kissing him again. Minho beamed at him.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted this.”

“Oh, I can imagine, hyung.” Taemin giggled. “Isn’t a little uncomfortable to sit like that, Minho?” 

Minho was still sitting on the floor and his back looked a little squished from the position he was in to look at Taemin’s face.

“Now that you mention it, I am a bit cramped.”

Taemin laughed and sat up on his bed. 

“Well, would you be interested in joining me here?” He gestured to the other side of his bed.

“Absolutely sir.” Minho smiled big and got up to climb into bed. When he did, Taemin immediately wrapped his arms around Minho’s middle. Minho smiled and draped his arms around Taemin. It felt like a dream but Taemin’s scent and warmth overwhelming him knocked him into believing it was a reality. Minho sighed contently.

“I love you so much, Taemin.”

“I love you just as much, Minho.”

Minho held Taemin close and thought to himself:

Now I’ll finally get my fix for real, right?

He laughed and brought Taemin’s lips to his, kissing him chastely before the both of them fell into a comfortable silence.

~~~
A/N:

Welp, this took longer than I had anticipated to finish #_#

I’ve been dead for so long and this probably and I shoudn't be proud of it ;-;

Oh well cx

Nonetheless, I hope you liked reading it if you got this far ^^

On the off chance that you did, please comment and subscribe to tell me what you thought and maybe even what I should do next ^^

*squeezes* Byeeee *waves*