CH.1

Always With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

I always liked the sound of the rain, it had a rhythm of its own and no human could capture and tune it as they like. This was nature’s very own instrument that plays for the world, for some it brings joy for those who lack water for their essential lives and for some it brings pain and misery from heartaches to walking out in the rain without umbrellas and catching a cold later on. However nowadays it brings me misery.

My childhood was perfect I had my father who was a piano teacher and my mother who’s a popular writer. Before my father was a piano teacher, his life was dedicated to performing live on stage in front of millions before he retired after he married my mother and settled down.

While growing up he still played exclusively for my mother and I saying, “The only trophies I want to win are my precious family’s smile”. Understanding what he was saying made me love piano even more so I always walked towards the piano whenever I see him and father would always understand, gives me a smile and played the piano. While his hands were moving ever softly on the piano I would watch intensely with my eyes wide open, rarely blinking as I tried memorising what he played, the first-time I played what my father had played shocked him. Yes, I was rough at the beginning but then I started getting the hang of the melody and played with a smile, when I finished playing I clapped and asked daddy innocently “was it good daddy?” I gave him my puppy eyes.

At that time I was only 4 years old when my father pulled me up and swung me around with the biggest laugh and shouted “THAT’S MY GIRL!”.

He continued speaking but this time turns his head towards mother “She’s going to grow up like me. Even better maybe! Darling can you believe our daughter just played that song without any sheet music?” Father grinned at his wife who was chuckling. 

“Isn’t it wonderful that we’ll have

Please log in to read the full chapter