That album

Hello Time

“The most painful thing about life is the amount of memories you have made.”

 


 

A stack of unpack boxes scatter around the house, the owner of the empty house currently outside picking up the boxes that were left on the ground while the workers unload the furniture to be place inside the house. The house was located at the outside of the town which provide a calm neighborhood for those who want to avoid the hasty of the town. Even thought located at the end of the town, the neighborhood is taken care and all the people living in the place are kind and mostly calm.

“Miss, all of your stuffs already unloaded.” Shouted the worker toward the woman currently checking whether all the furniture was placed according to her satisfied.

Moonbyul divert her attention toward the worker that shouted for her attention, glancing at the furniture for a last time before making her way toward the moving truck.  

“You sure everything has been unloaded?” Moonbyul question, checking the truck for any forgotten boxes or furniture, before turning toward the workers feeling satisfied that none of her belonging has been left out.

“Thanks for helping me, I doubt I will be able to unload all of the stuffs alone.” Moonbyul said, giving a big smile toward the workers, unconsciously letting out her sweet pheromones toward the group of betas though not that strong for them to be able to scent it.

All the smiled widely, face bright red when they received the compliment from the woman in front of them. The smell of omega scent has always able to make both betas and alphas gone mad yet not all of them able to get the scent fully especially for the betas. The scent of an omegas is said to be the most blessed especially when they received their first heat. However, not all the omegas know when they will receive their first heat, it all depend on their body. There are omegas that received heats early when they reached the age of 17 which are consider common.

Moonbyul unfortunately fall under the unscented omega. She may have received her heats at the age of 20 yet she doesn’t seem to have a scent that stated her omega status. Most of the people that encounter her would simply brushed her as a beta unless she told them her rank herself. Her coworkers almost assumed she was a beta until she asked for sick leave for her heats.

Moonbyul stay outside to ensure the moving truck leave along with the workers before heading inside her house. Throwing herself on the couch, she stretched herself as soreness finally hit her every bone.

Moonbyul stare at the ceiling, unable to believed that she finally owned a house. Excitement bottle up inside her, all her effort finally felt worth it when she glanced around all the unopen boxes.

 


 

Flashback;

Leaving house at the age of 18, her determination are the only things that motivated her to leave everything behind. Her backpack contains all her necessary clothes along with the moneys that she has been saving during her part time job, her decision to leave her pack become stronger when her parent decided to make decision without her consent.

She knows and already expected her parent to make that kind of decision, yet she never agreed for it to be that early. Usually, the family will arrange a mate for their children if they unable to find their mate when they reached their heats or ruts. Her parent decided that their only child should be mate early without even consider whether she have found her mate. Moonbyul never know about it until at the age of 18, the moment she finally decided to step out from her house and left the pack.

It was a challenge for her when she first time step in an unfamiliar city, place that have different scent and smells mixed in the air. All the surrounding look astonished for the newcomer like her. When she reached the city, realization finally hit her that she is alone, unable to depend on her parent. With those realization attached to her mind, her first thoughts were to find a job, anything will be sufficient if she able to have money to support her new living.

Moonbyul search for a any kind of job, mostly becoming a part-timer for convenient store during night shift and a server at a café. It wasn’t that fancy but enough for her to rent a student dorm that act as a place for her to sleep.

All her day consist of work, work and work, all the salary she earned were spit for her rent and college payment. She decided that once she have enough money to cover for the college fees, she will continue her study. Stuff such as having mate and family already slip out from her mind, not even bothering about it as her main concern was to prove to her parent that even without owning a mate, she could be a successful omega.

 


 

Moonbyul jerk up from her nap when her phone vibrates inside her jean pocket. Answering the called without even looking at the caller, she wiped away any sleep residue on her eyes while listening to the other speaker asking questions.

“Moonbyul-ah? Yah, do you even listen to what I’m asking?!” The person on the other side of the speaker yelled. Moonbyul distant herself from the phone before groggily answer her friend question.

“Yes, I heard what you’re asking unnie. Sorry, but I just woke up from a nap. It’s really exhausting with all this moving thing going on and I still haven’t unpacked my stuff yet.”

Solar continue bombing her with questions about her new house, Moonbyul will interrupt to answer her questions and the conversation goes on until Moonbyul finally decided to end it with excuses to start unpacking her stuffs inside the boxes.

She starts her task with the kitchen, start with clean every corner of the kitchen and the table before began unboxing the boxes that have label kitchen. Taking out all the content and sorting all of them to their respective place, the same thing was done on each room before she finally reached her bedroom.

It takes her almost a day to finish sorting out all her belonging before finally reach the last boxes inside her room. Moonbyul spread herself on the comfy bed, arms and legs spread like a starfish as she enjoys the comfort of the bed before whiny quietly at the number of boxes she need to unpack.

Why do I have so many stuff?’ She whined silently.

Taking the nearest box, she opens the box and grin widely when she saw all the number of trophies, certificates and frames contained her dance team. All those items show the numbers of achievement she has made for the past 9 years.  She has successful graduated and working under a entertainment company, becoming a choreographer for the company while at the same time forming a dance team that will always compete in all the dance competition being held.

She could proudly say that she is a successful omega now with all the memories she had and especially after she succeed to buy her own house with her own effort.

‘I can’t believe it. I finally did it, without any alpha supporting me!’ Internally screaming to herself for all the sacrificed she had done.

“Who said I should depend on men to success!” Moonbyul said to herself before getting to change to her nightwear and fall asleep on the bed, not even bothering to put the bedsheet on.

 


 

“Omega shouldn’t bother think about continue studying unless their already mated.”

“They should just focus on their family and mate. The alpha should be the one concern about their future, I mean alpha are more capable than omega!”

“Yeah, with the amount of heat omega have, it would be troublesome if they start working. Who know what will happen if they cannot control their pheromones!”

All those words annoyed Moonbyul the most when she walked pass a group of alpha students talking about how incapable omegas are. She never really bothers about alpha unlike most of her omega classmates, all busy thinking of a way to attract their desired mate.

Moonbyul never bother about having mate, instead advert her worry toward her studies and thinking how to convince her parent about delaying her unannounced engagement, perhaps even cancel it.

 


 

Moonbyul glance around her room, satisfied that almost all the box has been unpacked except for the last one. Taking the last box toward the side of her bed, she began unpacking the last box that she has previously left out.

Reaching for the last content inside the box, she touches for any more stuff left and felt the odd surface of a book. Taking out the assumed book, she quickly discovered that its an old album. Looking at the cover of the album, her mind trying to remember where she has seen the old album yet none of her memories help her.

She unable to recall any memories of owning the album currently on her hands. Looking at the state of the album, it has been old, and all the edges of the album was peeled and look as if it has been flipped constantly.

Palm slowly caress the old album cover, she decided to check the content of the album as curiosity were bubbling her with wanting to know the content of the album and the owner of it. Opening the album, her eyes captured a familiar handwriting. Those handwriting somehow sparked her memories, making her fingers unconsciously tracing the writing before slowly read it.

 

“I’m letting you see what my eyes have blessed me with, the most beautiful creature that have managed to capture my eyes. my heart and my soul without even making me realized. A person that without I realized have become the bigger part in my life. My destiny mate that I haven’t realized I have unconsciously make a space inside my heart. The person who will forever I seek for love and trust.

 

If you currently possessed this album without me by your side, I have probably make the most stupid mistakes in my whole live, yet I sincerely hope that one day you will forgive me for all the stupid mistakes I have made and accept me when we meet one day.

I promise you that I will stay loyal to you forever my love.”

 

Moonbyul paused, everything felt cold and somehow, she doesn’t have the courage to flip the first page. She slowly flips the first page, seeing a picture of her entering the school gate and at the bottom of the page written a note “The moment I saw you”.

Looking at the other page, most of it are fill with pictures of her taken from far along with a tiny note saying stuff like how the person wish to interact with her. Flipping through all the pages, her hand stopped when a picture of her with a guy. Minhyuk.

Minhyuk, her senior at the school, the cleverest and athlete alpha that she has met. The only person that she has consider interact, who is an alpha. Also, her first crush and someone that she wished was her fated mate. The only person she considers to mated because of how both get along with each other easily and how his scent somehow smelled oddly comforting for her when both are near each other or when he lends her his jacket.

Reading the small note attached at the bottom of the page, her hands quiver as she finally realized the owner of the album. The mystery sender of the album. The person that she has silently hope to be her destined mate. One of the reason why she ran away from her house. She never expected that the same person will send her such thing.

 

I wish I have the courage to confessed to you that I love you, my mate.”

 


 

“You know, you actually look really cute.” Minhyuk said, observing his junior who’s currently busy completing her homework. Moonbyul simply hum, not even focus on what he said as she continued solve the questions.

Minhyuk observed her, admiring how concentrate Moonbyul was. Eyebrow furrow when she unable to answer the question and forming a slight pout as she raised her head, eyes asking for his help.

“What~” Minhyuk said teasingly, wait for her to whine and ask for him to help her. He honestly loves when she makes those helpless reactions, feeling proud that none of the student have seen this side of her.

“Minhyuk-ah, help me please.” Moonbyul asked, almost whine but refrained herself from doing such. She helplessly moved to sit beside him, bringing her book before pointing at the question that she unable to solve for few minutes,

Getting a glimpse of her scent, Minhyuk almost move closer to her but he refrained himself. Collection his thoughts, he focused on the question pointed by Moonbyul as he trying to think of the solution to drown the inner wolf inside of him that keep claiming him to confess or mate.

 Moonbyul internally swoon when they were sitting closed, excited to be able to smell his scent without making it seem obvious how needy she was. Her crush on him keep on increase day by day as they both hang out together even with the they have.

Everything was fine until Minhyuk graduation ceremony. That’s when she realized that they may not be able to be together. That’s when she decided to take the chance, the only chance to confess her love toward him. She never thought about what he thinks about her as it completely slipped from her mind about how young she was. Forgot that underage kid wasn’t allowed to mate unless they have gone through their first heat.

 

“I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to be with a kid, byul. What will others think then? You should find someone that suit you and the same age as you byul-ah.”

 


 

Moonbyul remembered the written confession everyday. Mind going blank as so many mixed feeling going through her mind. She doesn’t know what to feel anymore. Probably mad that he doesn’t have the courage to confess to her personally.

Moonbyul closed the album for the how many time, looking at it for a while before keeping it somewhere hidden. She knows it’s already too late to even find him and ask about this matter. Perhaps he already finds a mate and build a family. The thoughts of him owning a family that didn’t include her break her heart. It silly of her to still hope that he will find her and confess about how much he loves her. To keep on checking the album constanly just to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. It make her feel so desperate. Desperate for his love and to be accepted as his mate. 

“I should move on, he probably already married and move on already. This thing, it probably already been so long.” She said blankly, trying to erase everything about this matter. Trying to convice herself to move on for countless time. 

‘Forgot about it and move on Moonbyul.’ Her constant prayer, a reminder to not break down. She recited it everyday, every second. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Some where;

 

The man dress in a black coat walked toward the building, heading straight to the elevator while being greeted by all the staffs that he passed by. The man entered his office, the door has a plaque of his name attached on it along with the word Director of the company.

‘Please be patient, I’m searching for you now byul-ah.’

He looked at the frame place on his desk, smile fondly at the picture seeing how awkward and tense he looked while the girl beside her look so shy. He’s glad that he managed to save this picture, the only thing that keep reminding him of her.