Never Ever

Never Ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heaving a deep breath, I sniffled and slipped my cold hands into Yugyeom's unmoving warm ones on the hospital bed. Pressing my lips softly onto his knuckles, I smiled tearfully at his handsome features while brushing some hair out of his beautifully shut eyelids, "Can you hear me, my love? If you can, please know that I will never ever give up on you. The doctors asked me if I wanted to pull the plug on your life support-"

My voice cracked at the end of the sentence, I felt my throat clogged up as I blinked the tears out of my tired eyes. A hand landed on my shoulder in a gentle, comforting manner from behind, the person continued for me, "Gyeom-ah, we won't let you go no matter what. We'll stay strong for you, but we need you to be strong for us too, okay? We miss you so much, please... If you could hear us, just please, please come back to us." 

I turned and stared up at the only other person to survive the crash, Jinyoung. It was hard for me to have Yugyeom lay unconscious for god knows how long, but it must have been way harder for Jinyoung to have lost all his other friends as well. For months, it was just me and Jinyoung, grieving and mourning for the loss of all the other guys. In the meantime, praying hard for Yugyeom to wake up as soon as possible. 

Jinyoung could not afford to lose another brother and I can't afford to lose the love of my life. So can you imagine how it was like to finally have news from the doctors after months of waiting for him to awake, only to have them suggest giving up on him instead. It broke Jinyoung, it broke me. We had so much to look forward to ahead of us, I was not ready to just give him up when he is just right there, right in front of me, still breathing.

The only reason Jinyoung has yet to give up on his own life is Yugyeom, if he were to be gone as well, I dare not imagine what Jinyoung would do to himself. What I would do to myself. So no, I won't give up on Yugyeom, never. God let him survive for a reason, gave Jinyoung a reason to live, gave me hope. I'm sure the rest of the guys would not have wanted us to give up on Yugyeom as well, so I would wait for him, even if it's gonna take me years, decades, I will live for him.

I got up from my seat and gave Jinyoung a small smile, "Oppa, you're here." He nodded and returned my smile, "Yeah, get some rest, you hear me? You've been here all night since the news from the doctors." My smile fell and I in a huge breath before tilting my head upwards to prevent the tears from spilling, "Hey, look at me," I hear Jinyoung say softly as I look at him, "He's going to be fine, he'll wake up in no time. I'm not giving up on him, so aren't you. Even if the whole world does, we both know we won't and that's all that matters."

I nodded as Jinyoung wiped the tears off my cheeks with the sleeves of his hoodie, "Aigoo, look at you. Yugyeom would be so mad at me if he sees you like this. He would think that I'm bullying his girlfriend when he's not watching." I chuckled and weakly punched his arm, "Alright then, oppa. I'll go home to shower and eat then I'll be back right away, okay?" 

Jinyoung shook his head in protest, "No, you go home and get some sleep. I know it's hard to do so but you really need it, okay? Yugyeom would want you to take care of yourself as well. Just try to get some rest, promise me." He grinned at me while holding out his pinky, I scoffed in amusement but hooked my pinky through his nevertheless, "Fine, I'll be back tonight then. Call me if you need anything, okay?" 

He nodded and ruffled my hair while I softly whined and playfully swatted his hands away before approaching my boyfriend to kiss him goodbye. I leaned down to gently press my forehead onto his and caressed his cheeks while breathing in his scent, "I'll be back tonight, okay? I love you, babe." I whispered and left a small kiss on his head before pulling myself away from him. I gave Jinyoung a long hug before leaving to go home for some rest.

 

After a refreshing shower and a proper meal, I climbed into the bed Yugyeom and I shared and hugged his pillow close to me, deeply inhaling what's left of his scent. It felt so empty sleeping without him next to me. I rubbed my eyes before I could start crying again, I was just so tired and done with crying. Crying is not going to save Yugyeom, it won't change anything so I don't want to waste my time doing something useless. I did that for months now and decided it's enough.

Yugyeom wouldn't want to see me cry myself to sleep forever. I promised Jinyoung I would be strong, and so strong I would be. With a determined smile, I gave the picture frame of Yugyeom and me by the bed a longing stare before shutting my eyes. I did not realise just how tired I was, I had barely gotten any real sleep ever since my boyfriend had fallen into a coma. With a few memories of him and me before the accident playing in my mind, I fell into a deep sleep with my lips softly tugged upwards.

I squinted my eyes to take a clearer look at the silhouette before me, my heart pounded as I recognised just how familiar the shape of this person's back is to me. With heavy steps, I approached him slowly, my breathing hitched as my steps came to a halt. He took his own sweet time turning around, every second felt like hours. Tears once again clouded my vision and a sob broke out of my lips as he stood right in front of me, smiling beautifully at me.

"Y-Yug-Yugyeom-ah?" I croaked out before he nodded and gathered my hands in his, "I'm sorry you had to wait so long, babe. I've been gone for so long." I cried and stared at his face, this is all so real and it breaks my heart that I'm aware this is only a dream. His smile slowly fell at the sight of my evident sadness, "Babe, I'm here now. I'm back, don't you worry, okay? I'm here and I'm never ever leaving you again." 

He let go of my hands to gently cup my cheeks, my tears away before leaning in close, I watched as his eyelids drooped before closing entirely. I sighed in content, even if it was only a dream, just this once, I'm going to let a lie make me happy. I'm going to be happy while it lasts. Without a second thought, I fluttered my eyes close as well and waited for his lips to touch mine, "From now on, I won't ever let you go." I hear him say before pressing his lips onto mine.

My entire body shot up as I panted and stared at my surroundings with wide eyes, I was back in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter