Handsome Stranger 03

Handsome Stranger

Author's note:

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for being so patient with me. I am so sorry that I've made you all wait so long for more of this story. This is going to be the last chapter, so I'm sorry if it feels a little rushed. I originally wanted to do more, but considering how slow I've been with updating I think it's better to end this story here. Thanks for all of your kind messages, I'm doing well these days!

Love you all,

L xxx


 

A week after exchanging numbers and Brian and I were due to go on our first date.

 

He had text me the very next day after we had exchanged numbers and he had asked me if he could take me out for dinner, because in his words, ramen was not good enough to count as a first date. I had quickly replied and we had arranged a time and place to meet.

 

My hands were sweating as I made my way to the restaurant. Brian had offered to pick me up, but I was meeting him after uni so I was closer to the restaurant than our apartments were. I checked the map on my phone to make sure I was going the right way, my sense of direction not the best.

 

I rounded the last corner, the restaurant coming into view. I had googled it before coming. It wasn’t overly fancy, nor was it too plain. It was perfect. It was as if Brian knew exactly the type of places I liked to eat at. There were people sitting outside of the restaurant, enjoying the warm evening with their dinner and my eyes landed on him. He was wearing a simple pair of black trousers and a white shirt, his hair effortlessly styled and I swear all the air left my lungs as my steps faltered. How can someone look so damn good?

 

I quickly squared my shoulders back, thankful that he hadn’t seen me practically trip over myself at the sight of him and slipped my phone into my bag. I approached him, his face lighting up in a smile the second he saw me. No one has ever looked at me like that before. It made me weak at the knees. I couldn’t help but grin back at him, feeling like a teenager with a crush. “Hey.” He greeted warmly, his voice as soothing as silk. “Hey, did you wait long?” I asked, hoping that I wasn’t late. He shook his head, “Nope, I just got here.”

 

He nodded towards the door, “Hungry?” he asked. I nodded, “Starving.” He chuckled at my response as he opened the door for me, gesturing for me to enter the restaurant first. We were quickly taken to our table, a private booth with a view of the river nearby which was highlighted by the warm, gorgeous colours of the sunset.

 

For the next two hours, Brian and I lost ourselves in conversation, good food and the gorgeous view from outside. The world around us seemed to evaporate and cease to exist, all that we focused on was our own, small world encapsulated within the small booth. I had never been a believer of love at first sight or anything like that, but I couldn’t deny that there was some kind of connection with him that I've never experienced with anyone else before.

 

Every moment we spent together had me feeling like I was tumbling through a dream.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

“Do you remember this day?” I asked, showing Brian a picture on my laptop. He chuckled and pressed a kiss to my forehead. “Like it was yesterday.” He said as he wrapped his arms around me in a back hug as he looked over my shoulder at the countless photographs on the screen. “I can’t believe that was nearly two years ago.” I mused as I continued to look through the photographs on the screen. “You know, I was so nervous that day.” He admitted to me as he nuzzled in against my neck.

 

“Really?” I asked with a chuckle. “You certainly didn’t seem nervous.” I teased. He laughed, tightening his grip around me. “Are you kidding? I turned up nearly twenty minutes early so that I wouldn’t be late and then I saw the most beautiful girl in the world come around the corner and trip over her own feet.” A blush stained my cheeks at his words. “Oh my god, you saw that? Why didn’t you ever say anything?”

 

“I saw it sweetheart, it was the cutest thing ever. Were you just blown away by the sight of me?” he teased. “Shut up.” he laughed outright at my pouting face as he kissed my cheek. “Who would have thought that we’d be here now?” he mused as I continued scrolling through all of our photos together. “I know. Imagine I’d never went to that store that night.” I said as I leant back further into his embrace. “We still would have met. Somehow, somewhere.”

 

It was my turn to chuckle. “When did you become so cheesy?” I asked, turning my head to look at him. “The moment I met you.” He answered with a grin. “I’ll get you your tea.” He said as we heard the kettle click off from the kitchen.

 

I watched him pad through to the kitchen, a small, fond smile on my face. Who would have thought that the boy who started off as a handsome stranger in a convenience store would end up being the love of my life? If I hadn’t gone back to that store on the second night would we still have ended up like this? I wasn’t one for believing in fate, but something brought the two of us together, and maybe it was fate, or maybe it was just as simple as luck. Whatever the reason, all I know is, the boy that started off as a handsome stranger has now become the most important person in my life, and I couldn’t be happier.