Prologue

Lights, Camera, Variety, Action! (Title undecided)

To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Subject: Invitation to act in an KBS drama

Good morning, Kim Jong Kook-ssi

  As you can see from the subject, I would like to make you be one of the main casts of an upcoming action drama of mine. I have to admit I was very impressed by your performance in your very first drama 'The Producers'. They were some flaws that I tracked down but those are minor mistakes. I'm sure you can fix them with some more practice. It seems you can execute the cute, awkward character well. I would like to experiment on how you would act a totally different character. The character I have in mind for you is the cold, rude but caring and loyal. Seeing your persona in the variety show, Running Man, fits really well the character.

I have to warn you that there will be lovelines in the drama. Seeing your gentleman nature, I felt the need to tell you this. Viewers these days are liking the romance genre. It is necessary to add lovelines in order to gain popularity for the drama. Not to worry, I have recruited someone that I assume you would be comfortable with.

You will be given a salary of 1,000,000 won each episode. I am not forcing to accept this offer as this is an invitation. You seem to have potential in the acting industry and it would be an honour to work with you. If  you don't want to, you can kindly decline the offer.

Regards,
Jeon Ryu Ha

Director of KBS

"Accept it, Jong Kook-ah!" Gap Jin exclaimed after he finished reading the email with the singer.

"But I'm a singer! Not an actor! I only acted in 'The Producers' because Tae Hyun was there!" Jong Kook protested, looking at his trusted manager and friend.

"You should really try it out. You're not planning to create an album at the moment which means your only source of income is Running Man, which is barely enough," Gap Jin countered.

Jong Kook felt conflicted. Gap Jin hyung has a point, he's not making an album at the moment and his salary in Running Man is barely enough. Then again, his only comeback in this argument is he has a profession in singing, not acting. Being the stubborn person he is, he's going to stick with that comeback.

"There are countless of singers who acted in dramas and it didn't seem to affect their career in singing. In addition, it's not everyday you see a KBS director impressed with your first drama. You are taking acting classes for a month-" Gap Jin was cut off by the singer.

"That's because Kwang Soo literally begged me to go to the class with him. You know I can't say no the kid," Jong Kook grunted.

"But you went to the class anyways. I heard the reviews from the instructors and they are really impressed by your performance in class. But Jong Kook-ah, it says you can decline the offer. In the end, you're the one who's going to decide. But I'm only going to say that this is the perfect oppurtunity to try something new," Gap Jin concluded.

Jong Kook thought about the pros and cons. The pros: He gets one million won as his salary, he has a new experience in acting, has a chance to gain some popularity and would be able to promote his soon-to-be-album-he-didn't-plan-to-create-yet easier. The Cons? Other than him only getting known as an actor, there's nothing really bad in acting. Jong Kook sighed, he knew this is not an oppurtunity to miss.

"Fine, I'll accept the invitation. I have nothing to do anyways other than going to the classes and the gym," He finally gave in.

Gap jin gifted him a smile and a pat in the back while the singer is busy writing a reply to the Director.

He got a reply back in the evening.

This is amazing news. You will be getting the script along with meeting with your future castmates tomorrow at my office in the KBS building, 10:00 p.m. I, on behalf of the KBS company, is saying thank you for your cooperation. I hope we will work well together.

"Tomorrow? Well, I'll make sure your schedule is free by then," Gap Jin informed Jong Kook as he left the room. 

Jong Kook is still lost in thought. He kept thinking on how is he going to act. He understand the lovelines in the drama since it's natural for dramas to have lovelines. A KBS director said he has a potential in acting so it's safe to say he's pretty good. 

Sure, it can't be that of an idea, right?


A/N; The prologue is finally here! So sorry for giving a short chapter when I was dead for a month. School is literally giving me a hell and I was busy reading fanfics of one of my fav. pairings, BangtanVelvet. Hehehe, sorry....

I promise you that, the next chapter will be longer. But I can't confirm when I'll post it because of my busy school life. But I'll try my best in updating!

Kamsahamnida!

Arigatou!

And GoodBye!