Chapter One

Lady's Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Marie's POV

"Please welcome Jgroup's new chairperson, Marie Jung!" The announcer announced on my Inheritance Day dinner. Claps could be heard from every corner of the room, the lights are shone upon me as I walked to the front. Looking at the crowd, I slowly introduced myself. 

Reporters from different companies are gathered. The wealthy people are invited to the dinner by the chairperson from before, which is my dad.

"I am Jgroup's new chairperson, Marie Jung".

  Few weeks ago

I walked across the quiet, empty hallway. Towards my dad's study room. I stopped right in front of his study, the bodyguards that are guarding the room nodded their head at me before knocking on the door, announcing my arrival to my dad. "Come in", he commanded from inside. The bodyguard opened the door for me and I entered inside. "Did you summoned me?" 

"My daughter! Come, take a seat", he walked from behind his table and sits on the single sofa. I proceed towards the comfortable looking couch and sit. "You know I'm becoming old by days, right?" He started. "Yes".

"I'll go straight to the point," He exhaled quietly as he looked at me. "I want you to take over our company. You're the only heir in this family", he explained. I know very well that I will be the heir to our company, Jgroup. Let me tell you guys something. Jgroup is one of the biggest fashion brand company in this country, that has always been for generations. Not only creating and producing new fashion items every day, our company has many branches and there are companies that are working under ours. Other than fashion brand such as brands for clothes, shoes, or anything alike, one of them is the bodyguard company.

The company is named as I.S.P; Intelligent Security Protection. Our security company has been receiving their services for many years now and still going. And to be exact that it is also one of the biggest company among all. We've been lending helps towards those in need, but its main priority is to protect the people from our side. Since I was a kid, I was taught basic self-defense and martial arts; in case to prepare for future danger.

Since my dad is becoming old, and has been thinking of resigning; I know quite well that this day will come. The day I become the chairperson.

"I know that you are a very smart and intelligent, my daughter. And I know I could trust you to become the chairperson", he smiled. I smile back at him. "Thank you for the compliments", I joked. He laughed at it, since he literally laugh at everything. "You know when is the day, right?"

"Yes," I replied. "Thank you for trusting on me,"

"..Father."

Present Time

The endless flashes that came from the cameras are directed at me. The clicking sound that came from the camera filled the air. I softly took a deep breath. "I will protect the company with everything I have, and I will never disappoint you guys,"

"I will continue this fight that my father has left me with, and will maintain the reputation until the end. Please show me your support", I bowed towards the crowd, gaining claps from every individual that are present.

---

I was awake by the knocks on the door of my room, a voice that belongs to a girl's spoke from the other side of the door. "Are you awake, Miss?" 

I sit up on my bed and ruffled my hair. "Yes", I replied. She asked permission on entering my room and I agreed. The door opened and revealed a slim and average tall figure entering my room. She stopped in front of my bed and politely bowed her head. "I am Kang Seulgi, your personal assistant starting from today", she introduced herself. "I was appointed by your father", she added.

I nodded as I looked at her. She looks young but has the aura that didn't match with her age. Like, someone reliable and strong. "Kang Seulgi," I called her name and she lifted her head. "I am Marie Jung. Nice to meet you", I smile. She smile and bowed her head once again. I laughed. "You don't have to be so stiff around me", I stepped out of my bed and opened the curtain.

The rays of sunlight entered my room, brightening the whole place. "Just call me Marie, comfortably", I stated.

She nodded her head, "Yes, Miss"

"Marie", I corrected her. She laughed. "Yes, Marie"

"What schedule do I have today?" I walked to the other side of the window and pulled the curtain to the side. "You have lunch meeting with the Chairman from the JKS Company", she flipped through the papers in her hand. "Hm.."

"Well, let's get ready then."

---

Seulgi brings me my jacket, and I put it on. "Can I ask you something?" She said. "Um, Marie?"

I giggled. "Sure, go ahead"

"Do you rarely smile?"

I exhaled. "I tend to when I'm outside. I couldn't show it often. People might take advantage of me, and an addition that I am the new Chairperson. You don't know what's out there", I answered.

She didn't say anything back. Instead she nods her head, and opened the door for me. "Now, let's go"

I walked across the hallway, the people that are serving in our house lined up at the both side of my right and left, bowing. I entered the car as the driver has opened the door for me, Seulgi followed after. "Seulgi,"

"Yes, Miss?"

"Do you know self-defense?"

She looked at me with nonchalant face, before nodding. "Yes, Miss", she answered. "Good then. Because we might need that just in case. D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter