One

Warning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan is way too loud.

 

God, her voice just carries all over the place and can fill up a whole huge library with the sounds coming out if she wanted to. A mall building with three floors on a busy Saturday during the holidays was no match for Seungwan’s loud voice.

 

Joohyun reminds herself to carry a roll of duct tape anytime they step foot outside because she hates being a nuisance. It’s embarrassing and she hates it when people look at her and not because of anything she’s doing, but because of Seungwan.

 

It’s gotten to the point where Joohyun was so curious to see how loud Seungwan was that she actually bought a sound level meter online (thank god for amazon prime) and was ready to test it out.

 

Joohyun speaks into it and it’s 57.8 dB. The normal conversation volume is around 60.0 dB and she raises and lowers her voice and sees the numbers going up and down.

 

Seungwan reaches 80.0 dB as soon as she opens the door to Joohyun’s apartment and when she opens , it’s up to 90.0 dB.

 

How the hell does that woman never lose her voice?

 

It’s even worse when Seungwan suggests that they watch a scary movie that night with no explanation and her screams are 120.0 dB all throughout the entirety of the movie.

 

The neighbors upstairs come down with heavy footsteps and bang on Joohyun’s door and say that if they’re going to , they should not be doing it on a Tuesday night at 12 AM because people are trying to sleep and Joohyun and Seungwan both blush. They were nowhere near doing whatever those neighbors thought they were doing.

 

Joohyun puts away the little machine and makes Seungwan go home because who the hell would want to Seungwan? Certainly not her. No way that would happen. So Joohyun says her goodbye to Seungwan before the younger woman stops her.

 

She says something about how what if she gets kidnapped by Buffalo Bill and gets her skin ripped off and Joohyun rolls her eyes. Seungwan is just making excuses at this point, begging Joohyun to let her stay the night because it’s past 2 am and it’s just too scary to go home after watching Silence of the Lambs. (Seungwan should really be worrying about Hannibal Lector.)

 

Joohyun makes Seungwan sleep on the couch and not on her bed because they’re not going to make the sound level meter reach higher than 130.0 dB and because Joohyun would never lay her soft, precious hands on Seungwan.

 

 

 

 

 

Seungwan has no idea what a real, healthy diet is.

 

She complains that Joohyun practically lives at the gym when in reality, Joohyun just goes to the gym maybe three times a week for two hours then goes home and lays down because she knows her body will be sore soon.

 

Sacrificing your happiness to get a hot body is all worth it at the end when she wears a tight pair of jeans and her looks very, very nice.

 

Seungwan barely knows what broccoli is and thinks that if she eats greasy, disgusting pizza with maybe one olive on top of it and peppers, then her daily servings of vegetables is consumed for the day.

 

It also doesn’t help that Seungwan was quite gifted in baking and Joohyun refuses to see, hear, or even think about Seungwan baking because she knows she can’t resist a good red velvet cake. And carrot cake. And chocolate cake.

 

Chocolate cake sounds so good right now, but Joohyun brushes those thoughts away. Her perfect body was not to be ruined by Seungwan’s desserts.

 

 

Wait, did you really think Joohyun was going to fight her craving? Don’t ever judge a book by its cover.

 

 

When Seungwan takes a picture of the beautifully decorated cake and posts it on Instagram, Joohyun is already in front of Seungwan’s door and a plate with a big slice on it is prepared before her eyes.

 

She can smell the sugar from the door and it’s so overpowering because there’s delicious icing on it and a little heart drawn on the cake. It’s really adorable and looks professional, but it probably tastes even goddamn cuter when it’s inside Joohyun’s mouth.

 

The big slice becomes two big slices and then three before Joohyun realizes that she ate 3/4 of the cake by herself and Seungwan hasn’t had a bite yet.

 

“It’s fine, unnie, really. Just keep eating,” Wendy says before Joohyun digs in again.

 

 

the gym, Irene thinks, it’s cheat day today. 

 

 

Scratch that. It’s cheat week this week.

 

 

Because Seungwan just pulled out a second cake and she knows Seungwan’s going to pack it home because that’s just how Seungwan was. She was always baking cakes and muffins and brownies for Joohyun and letting the older woman eat all of it with a happy heart.

 

How does Seungwan’s dad, a ing dentist, process the fact that Seungwan’s teeth are pristine and perfect without a single cavity in her whole life when she inhales sugar like oxygen? The world may never know.

 

 

 

 

 

Seungwan’s immune system is a big ing joke.

 

Who the hell gets sick during the summer? Only Son Seungwan could manage to pull that off.

 

Even when it’s warm and sunny and nice out, as soon as Seungwan sneezes, Joohyun just tries to massage her temples because oh boy, the sniffles are coming in. It’s almost some sort of talent to get sick at any given moment during any season.

 

Joohyun has seen it all: pneumonia, the flu, stomach bug, bronchitis. She’s seen Seungwan with cold sores around and other sores on her tongue. She’s seen Seungwan with gums all swollen and it’s hard to brush her teeth without them bleeding everywhere on the sink.

 

And every single time Seungwan is sick, Joohyun comes into the younger woman’s apartment (she has a key because Seungwan is irresponsible. Seungwan does not have a key to Joohyun’s place because Joohyun is a grown woman and not a big baby) and has a thermos filled with chicken noodle soup.

 

Seungwan doesn’t really like chicken noodle soup, but she doesn’t tell Joohyun because she knows her unnie loves it very much so she’ll suffer for now. Without a fail, Joohyun already has a pot on the stove, turns the knob on medium heat, and pours the soup in.

 

The soup bubbles a little bit and steam comes up and Joohyun puts all the contents in the pot into a bowl and grabs a spoon.

 

Seungwan would say she’s old enough to feed herself before she spills scalding hot soup all over her chin and shirt and it’s Joohyun’s signal to get up and grab a small bathroom towel. The older woman makes Seungwan sit up on her bed and would feed her while they both watched tv.

 

Joohyun blows on the soup just enough so Seungwan wouldn’t burn herself and it’s pretty nice. Seungwan is the youngest of her family so it’s understandable to know that Seungwan loves to be babied by Joohyun.

 

Joohyun,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter