Study Dates

Nicotine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Joon, do you have the notes from last Friday’s class, I seem to have misplaced mine.” 

Truthfully Jisoo hadn’t actually taken many notes during that lesson, and she knew that Joonmyun’s notes would be much better quality and far more detailed than hers anyway so mooching off him was always the better option. When you were best friends with the star student in the class, you always had an advantage. Though Jisoo didn’t take advantage of him. She never copied his notes directly or stole his ideas, but she did learn a lot from him. 

Joonmyun opened his folder and handed her the notes, neatly kept together in a labelled plastic wallet. “Here, I got most of them but there might be a few less detailed notes towards the end when I got called out for a meeting.” 

She took the notes from Joonmyun and scoffed at him. No matter how much class time he missed, Joonmyun always had all the information he needed and more. There was no such thing as mediocre when it came to him, and Jisoo constantly reminded him of that. 

“Thanks, Mr. Brainbox.” 

He rolled his eyes at her before turning to Chanyeol, who was busy colour coding all of his notes to make it easier for himself when revising later on. Medicine was hardly the degree Jisoo and Joonmyun expected Chanyeol to take but they had to hand it to him that he was pretty damn good at it. The only thing he lacked was the ability to study properly. 

“Yeol, it’s your choice of cafe this week,” said Joonmyun. “If you two get more than 80% of the questions I ask right, it’s on me.” 

“You upped the percentage again.” Jisoo groaned. 

Though she was good at answering questions, Joonmyun always made them extremely difficult. He obviously wanted her to get the top grades, and if her previous modules were anything to go by it was certainly working, she just hated how he always seemed to get the top grades no matter how little he tried. 

“Gotta keep you on your toes! Finals aren’t too far away,” Joonmyun laughed, “we have a quiz on Friday, non-fatal offences.” 

Jisoo groaned. Non-fatal offences were the one topic she knew like the back of her hand, but when it came to exams she could never remember the answers. The words seemed to escape her the second she lay eyes on the paper, resulting in her sitting there staring at the questions for three-quarters of the exam time before manically writing down everything she did know in hopes that one of the answers would be right during the last quarter. She really envied Joonmyun because he was the complete opposite and never seemed to struggle with exams. Jisoo wished she had his brain. 

“Alright, first question,” he held up a card, “assault or battery must cause actual bodily harm, what do you do to prove this?” 

Jisoo actually knew this one, “You have to prove factual and legal causation.” 

Joonmyun smiled, “expand?”

“To prove factual causation you use the ‘but for’ test. But for the actions of the defendant, would the result have occurred. As for legal causation, this requires that the harm must result from a culpable act. The defendants' actions need not be the sole cause of the resulting harm but must be more than minimal. C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter