Two

네가 손짓해주면

{I’m waiting for you behind a dark curtain
We feel that invisible something}

“We need to talk.” Ah, that voice, Kyunghoon had grown to know it well. Looking up he saw Nam-Joo looming over him. All that he did was not & the girl took a seat next to him, her face bare of any emotion. Kyunghoon gulped

“Look, Nam-Joo, if this is about-”

“I can’t believe you!” The boy stiffened & his eyebrows furrowed. “Do you have any idea how badly this reflects on me?!”

‘Oh….’ he thought, ‘of course that was it.’ He bit his lip before replying, “Nam-Joo this doesn’t even have anything to do with you! I’m the gay one here!” Said girl grabbed Kyunghoon’s shoulder harshly enough that it would leave a bruise.

“It does too affect me, you asshat! In case you haven’t noticed I’ve been pinning after you for a year /&/ everyone in this place knows it! Now my reputation is ruined!”

“Well I’m sorry that /YOU/ decided to spread that ?/I/ was gay. That’s not something I put out, you did this to yourself.” Nam-Joo gasped & Kyunghoon could feel her nails digging into his skin, surely leaving crescent shaped indents there.

“If you weren’t gay in the first place everything would be fine!” All of the emotions that had been bottled up inside of Kyunghoon found this time to be the opportune time to explode.

“I’m so sorry that my preference doesn’t fit into your agenda! It hurts me deeply that, because I have no romantic feelings for you whatsoever, your reputation at /high school/ has been tarnished. Oh poor you!” A loud slap rang throughout the near silent library before Nam-Joo turned away with a huff.

“You’ll regret this, Min, & you’ll wish you would’ve chosen me over that Heechul!” She grumbled before stomping off to God knows where. Kyunghoon was shaking as he fell back into his chair & he almost dropped his phone as he clumsily dialed Heechul’s number.

“Is everything okay?”

“C-Can you….can you come get me. Please.” There was some shuffling over the phone & Kyunghoon hear his lover’s voice.

“Where are you, Hoon?”

“Library. Please, Heechul, I’m scar-”

“I’ll be there as fast as I can. Just hold on, baby.” The younger male nodded silently, though he knew Heechul couldn’t see him.

****

After what had seemed like hours, in reality it was just 10 minutes, the Min was lifted up by his shoulders into his lover’s arms, face mushed into Heehcul’s chest. He let it rest there, the warmth radiating off of the older. Wordlessly, Heechul picked Kyunghoon up in his arms, the younger too emotional to chide him about PDA & took him out of the library.

On the drive back home, Heechul was beyond furious, repeatedly cursing Nam-Joo & her family loud enough he couldn’t really notice his lover’s small hiccups mixed with sobs & sniffles. “When we go back to school I’m telling the administration-”

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“NO, Heechul! I said no!” Stopping at their curb, said male turned to his right, brows furrowed.

“So you’re telling me you don’t want this resolved?” Kyunghoon scoffed quietly, shaking his head & leaning against the car door. ‘Of course he would think that. The second I don’t agree,’ the boy rolled his eyes. “Hey! Answer me.”

“No, Heechul, I don’t want this fixed. I want to have Nam-Joo & everyone else up my ! My God, are you seriously that dumb? Is that really what you think?” Seeing all of the colour drain from his face was enough to make Kyunghoon realize he’d said too much. With his body halfway out the car he spoke lowly, “You just don’t understand, Heechul.”

The sound of a car engine revving up startled him to the point he swiveled around, just fast enough to see Heechul speed off in his tiny, red car. He never would admit to it but Kyunghoon shook by the strength of his sobs as he shakily walked into his home, ignoring any prompts by his mother for conversation. Kyunghoon didn’t even bother to change out of his uniform, just flopped onto his bed & the covers to swallow him & his thoughts.

{If we have the same heart,
we can reach each other even if we’re far apart}