Chapter 1

More Than What You See

Renjun sighed as he stared down his dorm room door. He had just gotten all of his bags and stuff up the stairs and inside the once empty room, but was now locked out because he forgot to bring his key with him when he left to get a water bottle. 
    “Uhg…” Renjun groaned as he sat on the floor staring helplessly at the door. But then, two voices could be heard from down the hall and it gave Renjun some hope. 
    “Jeno~” The taller boy whined as he carried most of the bags. Jeno stared at the taller boy before turning back and noticing Renjun. 
    “Donghae shut up.” Jeno stated as he walked up to Renjun and gave him a smile. “Why are you sitting here?” Renjun laughed awkwardly.
    “Ha...ha. Um, well you see.” Renjun stood up quickly. “I locked myself out of my room.” He pointed to the door and Jeno glanced at the room number and laughed. 
    “Guess it’s your lucky day. I’m your roommate.” Jeno smiled as he took out his key and opened the door for the three of them. Donghae placed everything down before just falling on top of his brother’s bed. “What’s your name?” Jeno asked as he sat on the edge of his bed next to his brother.
    “Oh, I’m Renjun… Huang Renjun.” The shorter boy bowed as he awkwardly heard his voice crack. Jeno smirked.
    “I’m Lee Jeno, and this is my older brother Donghae. He’s a Junior.” Jeno said as he slapped his brother’s leg. 
    “Yep, I’m Donghae. I am quite popular here, so if anyone bothers you guys do not hesitate to call me.” Donghae smiled widely as he sat up. Jeno rolled his eyes. There was a knock on the door that echoed through the room, and then it swung open. 
    “Hey! Donghae get your up and help me!” A boy around the same age as Donghae yelled with a younger boy standing behind him looking confused.
    “Ya, ya, ya. I’m coming Heechul.” Donghae sighed. He then looked at the two freshmen. “Seriously, call me if anyone tries to mess with you.” Donghae said seriously as he walked over to Heechul. 
    “Oh, that’s your brother?” Heechul said as he pointed at Jeno. “He looks like you. This is Junhui, he’s my cousin from China.” Heechul stated, pushing the mentioned boy into the room. “He just transferred here, and he’s a sophomore. So you guys can get to know more upperclassmen together.” Junhui glanced at the freshmen before sighing. 
    “Hi, I’m Wen Junhui. Nice to meet you.” Junhui said quietly. Heechul just hummed and pulled the boy out of the room with Donghae following them.
    “So… Your brother seems nice. His friend on the other hand seems… outgoing.” Renjun stated, Jeno let out a half hearted laugh before laying down on his bed.
    “Let’s just forget about those two.” Jeno yawned. “I’m going to catch up on some sleep.” Renjun laughed. 

“Hey guys!” Jaejoong smiled as he saw Donghae and Heechul walking towards him. His half brother poking his head out from behind the door.
“Hey!” Heechul said as he hugged Jaejoong. “This is your half brother?” Heechul asked as he stared down at Taeyong. 
“Hi.” Taeyong said quietly as he stepped back into the room. Heechul smirked.
“I can't believe it. Jun and Tae are rooming together just like their favorite elders.” Heechul cooed as Jaejoong laughed. Heechul then tapped Junhui’s head before pushing him into the room. “Now bond you two.” And Heechul was off, walking away with Donghae following him. Jaejoong smiled at his half brother.
“Call me when you're done unpacking. We can all go out to eat. My treat.” Jaejoong kissed Taeyong’s forehead before waving goodbye to both sophomores.
“I think I like Jaejoong better than my cousin.” Junhui stated as he plopped onto his bed. Taeyong giggled.
“Most people do. Especially in this school. Heechul is liked for the fact he has confidence, but Jae has all of them wrapped around his little finger.” Taeyong held up his pinky as he leaned over while sitting on his bed. Junhui laughed.
“Ya. I bet you're going to be a hit with all the guys.” Junhui said kindly causing Taeyong to blush.
“I'm nothing like Jae. He has experience, I don't.” Taeyong whispered shyly. Junhui smirked as he opened up one of his suitcases.
“You know what we should do?” Junhui asked as he started moving his clothes into drawers. Taeyong shrugged. “We should probably only hangout with each other or our family for the first couple weeks. But that’s because they're the top of the top in this school. We should try to stay close.” Taeyong gave him a look.
“I don't really like attention…” Taeyong mumbled as Junhui sighed.
“With that face and body you’ll attract attention no matter what.” Junhui stated then he looked at Taeyong’s still packed suitcases. “Are you not going to unpack? We can get free food if we finish soon.” Junhui smiled.
Taeyong laughed and grabbed his heaviest suitcase. “You know, Jaejoong wasn't into the idea of me switching to this school. But our mom wanted us to be together.” Taeyong mumbled. Junhui looked up slightly.
“I didn't wanna ask, but… like you guys have the same mom, which of your dads is married to her?” Junhui asked slowly and cringed at his poorly stated question. Taeyong sighed.
“Jaejoong’s dad is the one who's at our house.” Taeyong whispered. “I don't really wanna talk about this. Sorry.” Taeyong said as he started to put clothes away. Junhui nodded.

“Jaejoong, do you think Taeyong will be good here?” Heechul asked his friend as the the two plus Donghae walked along the courtyard outside the dorms. 
“I hope so. He wasn't too good at socializing so mother always kept him in hiding. He was homeschooled for a most of his life.” Jaejoong stated with a hard look creasing his face. Donghae sighed.
“Then this must be difficult for him.” Donghae stated as they walked closer to the fields where the baseball team was practicing. 
“On a less depressing note.” Heechul said as he walked faster to sit on the bleachers facing the field. “Let's watch Yunho make a fool of himself because Jaejoong’s watching.” Heechul laughed as Jaejoong rolled his eyes.
“Always so mean.” Jaejoong sighed as Donghae laughed. They all sat down as the baseball team took the field to practice batting. Just then Eunhyuk came from out of the dugout and smirked as he saw the three boys.
“Hey look,” Heechul poked Donghae’s arm. “It's Hyukjae, you know, the boy you swear you don't have a crush on.” Heechul rolled his eyes as Eunhyuk came to sit next to him.
“What's up.” Eunhyuk asked as he smiled at all of them. Donghae smiled sheepishly as Jaejoong gave him a cute grin.
“Nothing interesting, but we were planning to see Yunho act like a fool. Wanna help?” Eunhyuk matched Heechul’s evil smirk.
“Of course. But first let me get a couple of the others who are being asses in the dugout. Or… do you wanna come sit down there?” Eunhyuk asked. Heechul and Jaejoong smiled and stood up, dragging Donghae along to the dugout. 
“Oh Hyukjae, you're back…” Siwon stated but was left just staring at the three newcomers. “You brought Yunho’s boyfriend?” Siwon asked loudly causing Jaejoong’s eyes to widen. 
“Huh?!” Jaejoong huffed. “We aren't dating, we're just good friends.” Jaejoong glared at Siwon. The other just shrugged. 
“So why exactly are you here?” Siwon asked, Heechul grinned.
“Well my dear Horse, we wanted to come see the new recruits.” Heechul smacked the taller boys shoulder. “Anyone interesting?” Siwon huffed.
“I don't think so. Yunho doesn't seem too happy.” Eunhyuk stated. “Not everyone is like him or Youngho.” Siwon nodded. Jaejoong turned around when he noticed Donghae had disappeared from his side and noticed the said missing boy with Wonwoo. 
“Wow, I didn't even see you there.” Jaejoong laughed as he walked over to Wonwoo.
“Ya, I am kind of invisible to everyone I guess.” Wonwoo stated blandly.
“Maybe speak up more.” Siwon said. Wonwoo rolled his eyes.
“I can't see, so why would I even try to comment. I'm only here because of Johnny anyways.” Wonwoo huffed. Jaejoong gave him a confused look. “Johnny is Youngho. It's his American name.” Donghae smiled as Eunhyuk sat down next to him.
“So Donghae, I heard your brother is now in the school.” Eunhyuk grinned as he looked at Donghae who smiled and nodded.
“Yep, Jeno just got his dorm today. His roommate seems nice.” Donghae stated happily. “And Jaejoong’s had brother and Heechul’s cousin is here too!” Donghae said. Heechul nodded as the others looked towards him and Jaejoong for clarification.
“So you guess are just multiplying then.” Youngho stated as he entered the dugout with Yunho who smiled sheepishly at Jaejoong.
“Yep, Taeyong is a sight to see though. Honestly he just might be another Jaejoong. Maybe even better looking. He looks so surreal.” Donghae stated. Youngho nodded. 
“How old are they?” Yunho asked as he stood next to Jaejoong. 
“Tae is a sophomore and so is Junhui. Jeno is a freshman.” Jaejoong said. “Actually I promised Tae and Junhui that I’d take them out to eat today, why don't we all go and show them that they have more than just their family.” Jaejoong gave everyone puppy eyes as he waited for their answer.
“I'm up for meeting the newbies. Donghae invite your little brother and his roommate.” Eunhyuk said as he stood up along with Wonwoo. Donghae nodded.
“Where are we gonna eat?” Yunho asked, Siwon sighed.
“We can go to that little hole in the wall diner. It's cheap.” Youngho said. “And if we're all going I'd rather not spend too much money.” Everyone nodded. Just then Jaejoong’s phone rang and the boy smiled.
“Hey Tae!” Jaejoong said cheerfully as he answered the phone. “You’re already done unpacking? that was fast. You wanna bring Junhui to the diner down on mainstreet? We’ll meet you there.” Jaejoong smiled happily as his half brother spoke to him on the phone. “Alright meet you there.” 
“Are we going now?” Yunho asked. Jaejoong nodded.
“Unless you need some time to you know, get ready.” Jaejoong said softly. Yunho blushed slightly.
“No it's okay. Youngho and I didn't do much today anyways. Does it matter to you guys if we go like this?” Yunho asked the others. Heechul grinned.
“Not like the young ones coming are going to care either.” Heechul grinned.