Just Talk To Him

Just Talk To Him (One Shot)

Himchan didn’t know how long he had been roaming earth, he found it interesting to observe humans and see how they acted around one another as well as alone, when nobody was around to see their sins, he did find out that many of the younger people were just broken inside who resorted to alcohol and even suicide to which Himchan couldn’t prevent, even if he was able to, so he just continued to roam and observe new humans every once in a while.

Himchan continued his life like this for many years but he never though a day will come when a human will strike a conversation with him. Don’t get him wrong, he wasn’t mute or some demon, he was just a soul who couldn't find his peace.

The red head wasn’t aware of how he became a ghost or how he died but he was sure he had a short life. Not everybody would like to die at the age of 25, maybe some of the younger teenagers but Himchan wished he could get his life back and live it to the fullest even when his parents would nag him to be a better student or get a job.

So how did he talk to a human for the first time in so long?...

Well it all happened with Himchan looking for a new victim of his watch over and see how their life would play out until he noticed a brunet boy behind the counter sketching something, the boy looked like he was concentrating really hard that he even stuck his tongue out.

The red head was finally intrigued by the brunet and made his way through the little coffee shop door and over to the counter, behind the boy, Himchan had to admit the sketches were beautiful and they seemed to be of a certain boy, this made the ghost wander if the boy was a usual customer around here and to his luck he did spot the younger looking boy from the sketch, sitting across the coffee shop with a cup of coffee and a laptop in front of him.

Himchan smiled as he watched the two boys, they were in their own little worlds and just couldn’t see the affection one was feeling for the other, kind of sad at the same time though, at that thought Himchan’s smile dropped as he thought back to all those times when the person who was madly in love got rejected by the other. But the ghost decided he will stick around the brunet and see how his life will play out.

 

A week has passed since Himchan started observing the brunet but this day had a large surprise stored for Himchan today. Once the ghost made his way in to the little coffee shop and over to the counter he saw a little cup of fresh coffee sitting behind the counter and a sketch of what looked like it was… Himchan… and in full detail as well as colour. The red head was amazed, “Wow…” The ghost whispered to himself.

“Do you like it?” A quiet, honey like voice asked, the voice also had a soft Busan dialect to it. But what surprised Himchan the most was that the boy was talking to him, “Y... You can see me…?” The red head questioned as he pointed to Himself. The barista smiled and nodded a little, “I’ve seen you hang around the coffee shop,” The brunet paused for a moment to think as to what to say, “And because you don’t really order anything I kind of figured you might be a ghost.” The boy shrugged a little. The red head just stared at the boy in front of him, the ghost was lost for words, a human could see him… It was not possible, was it?

Himchan shook his head a little, “Oh… Yea… That is kind of correct.” The male mumbled as he looked around, “Oh, did you draw this?” The barista boy looked down at the beautiful art with a smile, “Yea, I did. I didn’t know how to approach, or start a conversation with you so I thought this well be a good head start.”

Himchan smiled, he felt happy, for as long as he roamed earth he never felt this happy, in his current life and it was a feeling he wanted to feel for much longer, “Also, the coffee is for you.” The blonde boy said as he went to clean the coffee machine.

“Hey, can I get your name?” Himchan asked as he saw a little stool and sat down, “It’s Daehyun, Jung Daehyun.” The boy replied softly as he finally went back to work.

Himchan smiled and looked at the coffee cup, it was a simple porcelain cup but to the ghost it was beautiful. Can ghosts drink coffee though?... That was the question, the red head shrugged a little and put his hand over the cup, to his surprise he could pick it up. The cup was slowly lifted up with both hands and brought up to the ghost’s lips, the coffee smelled amazing and Himchan couldn't resist from taking the small sips of the delicious drink.

Daehyun, the barista, smiled as he watched the ghost from afar, he was able to see ghosts since he was small but most of them appeared quite scary but Himchan... He was different, the ghost looked friendly and this is why Daehyun wanted to befriend the red head male.

“Daehyun.” The said boy looked to the source of the voice and saw Himchan, “Yes?” The boy replied as he looked at the ghost, “What is the boys name that you have been drawing so often?” The ghost questioned.

The baristas cheeks reddened at the question, “It's nobody special... I always draw people that stop at the coffee shop.” The brunet tried to defend himself as he looked away.

Himchan raised an eyebrow, “You sure?” He questioned, “As far as my memory goes you’ve been sketching one specific person,” He looked at the front as he saw the mentioned boy come in to the coffee shop, “Speak of the devil, here he comes.” He said as he saw the barista boy tense.

The barista boy walked up to the counter and smiled, “Hello, the usual?” He asked with a sweet smile. The blonde boy that walked up to the counter smiled and nodded, “Yes please.” He said softly.

The brunet picked up the cup and scribbled something on it before looking up, “I will bring it over to you so you can take a seat.” Daehyun said softly as he waved the pen around in the air. The blonde boy nodded a little and went to find a seat.

A cappuccino was what Daehyun made and slowly took it over to the cute boy who decided to sit by the window. Himchan knew the two boys liked each other and he could see it from just the two shy smiles and the little note the barista boy wrote on the plastic cup.

Once the plastic cup was safely set on the table Daehyun sort of speed walked to the counter, his face with a shade of crimson, “Why are you embarrassed? It was a cute pick up line.” Himchan shrugged as he watched the boy slide to the floor behind the counter and hide his face in his arms.

“Look he likes it,” Himchan pointed out, “And he is blushing.” He added as he watched the boy chuckle at the cute note. “Really?” Daehyun asked as he stood up and was faced with the blonde boy and the plastic cup he wrote on, “The answer is… Yes.” The boy smiled, “I’m Youngjae… Yoo Youngjae.” The boy smiled as he put his hand out. “Daehyun, J-Jung” The barista smiled as he shook Youngjae’s hand.

Himchan smiled as his work here was done, he got up and slowly made his way out of the coffee shop until he bumped in to someone, can ghosts even walk in to people? The red head questioned himself as he looked up, “Oh, I’m sorry you okay there?” The boy asked with a bright smile. Himchan looked up at the boy, “Would you grab my arm so I can tell my friends I’ve been touched by an angel?” He mumbled as he noticed the boys smile widen, “Sure.” The boy shrugged and from this Himchan knew he might have found a friend who was just like him.

 

 

When a penguin finds a mate they stay with them for the rest of their life. Will you be my penguin? ~ JDH

Yes ~ YYJ