First

First We Feel, Then We Fall.

 

 

First we feel, then we fall.

 

It was a bright and sunny day when I had my first panic attack. It was so subtle yet it overpowers all my senses.

It started off with a fast and short breathing stride and the instantaneous feeling of tightness around my lungs.

My hands quivers all of a sudden, then I look around trying to figure out whether the building is shaking or is it just me?

I took a long and deep breath in hoping that it would stop.

My eyes glaze over the familiar metal clock on the wall. It ticks and it tocks continuously. My heart beat tried catching up with the ticking and to no avail I failed.

It’s getting shallower and shallower and all of a sudden it stops.

I gasp loudly.

Finally able to get that fresh cold air into my lungs after what it feels like hours

 

**

Jennie was sixteen when she first met her best friend Lisa Manoban. A loud Thai girl with infectious beam that kind of makes you goes awe every time she smiles.

“Hey, you got lab partner? My previous one got admitted into the hospital last semester”

“Before I agree on that proposal, may I ask why did your previous lab partner get admitted into the hospital?”

Lisa ponders for a second “Well, there was an accident. Occurred during one of our project, I clearly said ‘dude, your pants is on fire’, so basically, it’s his fault for not believing in me in the first place”

Jennie look at her sceptically “How did the he burn his pants?”

“I may have, or may have not set him on fire” Lisa said it with a straight face “So basically, it’s his fault for pissing me off”

For one whole semester Jennie thought that Lisa was pulling her leg about the whole burning her partner. It turns out the Thai kid was dead serious. When a kid named Jason came around during april and starts screaming Lisa’s name and along with arsonist, Jannie was immediately appalled.

 

 

**

The morning of  March 15, 2011, started out at 6 / 2’C degrees on the way of a light snow in Manhattan, New York. All personnel on duty in the Crime Unit of the New York City Police Department – 6th Precinct were wishing they were any place but in a back alley of Wooster St in Lower Manhattan.

Sgt. Derek Morgan, on call-out duty, received a call from the Communication Centre at about 6:45 A.M, that someone  had discovered the body of a college kid who had been murdered at 76 Wooster Street, between Spring and Broome Streets. He immediately gathered the available team in the bullpen and went off to see the crime scene.

Arriving at the scene, Sgt Derek Morgan immediately welcomed by the familiar guy in a blue windbreaker.

“Talk to me Brown”

“19-year-old college kid was found dead at Wooster St Alley. No bloodstain can be traced with the exception of droplets of blood nearby victim. There were blood stains on the floor and the wall of the building. No weapon had been discovered.” The guy named Brown, flipped a small pad in his hand “Time of Death, approximately 12hours. COD, knife inflicted injury. A deep, oblique , long incised was found on the front of the neck. The left end of the injury started below the ear at upper third of the neck and deepened gradually with severance of the left carotid artery. The right side of the neck which the end of the injury ends with a tail abrasion.”

Morgan took a deep breath, kneeling closely to the victims, scrutinizing the cut “hesitant cuts or defense injuries?”

Brown shook his head “There were none.”

 

***

There was a knife on the table. Not just any knife. An African Blackwood, Australian Tiger iron, -Aunkst trailing point.

I didn’t realised how long it has been staring at the object. Maybe a couple of hours. I wouldn’t know.

Even though I cleaned myself up a couple of  hours ago, I can still smell the scent of terror and metal on my fingertips. The sweet scent of despair. My adrenaline comes rushing in and I crave for more.

 

**

“People are crazy nowadays” a sandy haired boy plopped beside Jennie

Lisa who was sitting in front of Jennie arch an eyebrow “What’s up Ian?”

“Didn’t you guys heard the news? Some guy from Borough community College got killed last night. Some crazy mania slit his throat or something”

“Damn” Jennie cringes

“People dies everyday Ian, get over it. Nothing surprises me anymore” Lisa chimes whilst eating her sandwich clearly unperturbed by the news,   which earns a weird look from both Ian and her best friend.

“You cold Lisa, cold as ice coco”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note:

This is a spur of the moment kind of chapter. I have no idea whether I should continue this or not since this is a writing experiment based on total facts and lots of research (I googled everything okay? You got me hahaha) Since I hve tons of other stories that I haven’t updated yet.

This is my first BlackPink based story since I fell in love with them recently, and only discovered the existence of cute and hot shippable members in the group. Hahahah noted that this is pure fiction and if anything that I have mentioned seems quite familiar or resembles anysorts, that’s just a pure coincidence.

ALSO, I KNOW THIS IS CONFUSING AF but, everything is related to one another. Hahahahaha Drop any comments about how do you feel about this excerpt J