Memories Turned to the Future

Memories Turned to the Future - Sehun

A couple hours later, your eyes fluttered open to Sehun’s sleeping figure next to you. Feeling his hand resting on top of yours, a smile curled on your lips as you carefully wrapped your hand around his while your mind morphed from one thought to the next. Knowing that you weren’t going to be able to fall asleep anytime soon, you leaned forward and brushed the tip of your nose against his. Slowly sitting upright, you moved your hand from his as you exited the large, warm, comfy bed. Shuffling across the bedroom, you opened the door into the hallway before you found your way into the kitchen. Turning on the pendant lights hanging over the peninsula, you made yourself at home with your crafting supplies as you began to work on a small project.

The long night hours turned into hours of the early morning before you had returned to Sehun’s side underneath the duvet. Nuzzling your head into his chest, you felt his arms wrap around you as you curled up against him. Falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat, the two of you remained in one another’s embrace for a couple of hours before his alarm screamed.

Stirring in his arms, he slowly awoke and kissed your head, snoozing his alarm for five more minutes, running his fingers through your hair, he couldn’t keep a smile from his lips as he couldn’t thank his lucky star enough for waking up to you in his arms every morning.

The call of his alarm sounded once more, rolling over, he turned off his alarm as he rubbed his eyes while you placed your head on his chest and held him closer. Reaching over to flip on the bedside table, his hand stumbled upon something. Pulling his eyes away from you, he carefully reached over to find a card standing upright, right underneath the lamp.

With a beautiful white card with an embossed infants footprint on one half of the card. Peaking his interest, he brought the card over as he held it over his chest. Flipping open the card with care, he peered at the simple words written clearly within:

Roses are Red, violets are blue, inside of me two hearts beat for you.

Dropping his jaw slightly, his eyes dropped down to you still sleeping in his arms as he let the card fall from his grip as his arms wrapped around you tightly, waking you slightly.

“Hunie?” You cooed in your sleepy state

“Good morning my love” He leaned down and kissed your forehead ever so softly, “Did you and the baby sleep well?”

A smile couldn’t be contained on your lips any longer as you opened your eyes and peered up at him.

“We slept well for the most part, the baby didn’t want to wait to tell you, neither did I. So we made you the card this morning” You whispered still being captured within his beautiful brown eyes that locked to yours.

“Thank you for not wanting to wait any longer” He whispered a beaming smile plastered on his lips, unable to contain his happiness from the news. Sehun’s hand followed the curves of your side as he placed his hand gently on your hip as his thumb brushed over your stomach slightly. “I can’t wait to meet our little one and I can’t wait to be a Daddy with you by my side.”