Chapter 1

Sovereignty

    <------------ Jaebum's Outfit  <----------- Whitney's outfit

[ Outfit on top is Jaebum's and below it is Whitney's outfit ]

______________________________

Whitney's P.o.v

I park my black Honda HND-9 in the garage of the JYP building and open the butterfly door. As I step out, the screams of fans from across the street makes me smile as I wave at them. "Annyeong~" I call out in a cute deep voice. I waddle my way across the street and sign their posters, phone cases, etc. while also taking pictures together and waving in videos and collecting plushies of Pandas, Bulbasaurs, and chibi versons of myself that they buy for me. I bowed to the best of my abilities with the plushies in hand, "Saranghae!" I cry out. "Nado saranghae Unnie/Noona!" They shout back. I jog into the building and smile at the secretary. 

I waddle into the elevator and press floor button number six. I hum along to TWICE's 'LIKEY' that rings through the small space transportation, the doors open to my floor and I hurry out quietly stride down the hallway. I stop at the peach tan door that read 'Studio Five' and opened it to see my four family members. They turn around at the sound of the door closing, smiling at the sight of me. "Ah~ It's our baby!" Ji Young shouts, making her way over with her arms open. I bite my lip in embarrassment though we've gone through this for so long. "Ah, you get cuter everyday! Kyeopta!" Min Yeon cheers in cute voice before boasting herself, "I'm a proud eomma, I've done my job." The rest of us roll her eyes at her antics. "Yah, Min Yeon-ah! You weren't the only one who raised her." Ji Young pinches Min Yeon on the arm, who jumps back.

"Unnies, can we just get this over with, please? I also have to DJ tonight after this." I pout, sitting next to Wen Ju. "Yah, you better be taking care of yourself!" Min Yeon glares at me. I lie with a bright smile and nod my head, "Of course!" I say. Ju Gin scoffs smacking me on the shoulder, "The last time you said that, you popped your back out of place and continued walking around like everything is okay until you had to go to the hospital because you couldn't even sit down!" She huffs, I look down at my Ramones in shame. "Whitney-ah, I understand at times... you want to improve yourself and make everyone happy, but just know that it's okay to make yourself happy. I know it may not feel like it, but it's true. We love you too much for you to be hurting yourself like this." Wen Ju softly speaks to me. I slowly nod my head, feeling extremely guilty for such foul thoughts that cloud my mind. "Ne, arrasso. Now can we please record this song?" I ask, hoping to drive us away from this dark topic.

The others nod as we crowd around the table to section everything out. We're coming out with this new song called, 'Lower' and we already have the lyrics distributed and the instrumental, but we just need to record the words and place everything in order. "So, the first ones are Whit and Ju Gin. Let's try that." Ji Young suggests. Ju Gin and I nod our heads, walking into the studio, lyrics already pulled up on our phones. We place the headphones on and wait as Ji Young starts the music. The beat hits and I start on the third beat.

[Whitney]

Nopi tteun dal jiteun i bam

Jeojeun georireul georeoga

[ Ju Gin]

Chatgo isseo geu eodinga

teullimeopshi nal gidaril gonggan

[ Together]

Lower (You're so deep babe) Lower

Deo deo gipi nan

Slower (In your dream) Slower

(Let me in)

[Music]

Lower 

Lower, Lower 

After our part, we stepped out and Ji Young, Min Yeon, and Wen Ju walked in for their parts. While we sit and listen to them.

[Ji Young]

Maeil banbokdwen kkum

gyesokdweneun iyu

[ Min Yeon]

Neolbeun sesange kkeut 

naege boyeo jul neo

[Wen Ju Ji Young]

Do it slower babe

Lower (You're so deep babeLower

Yeoreo jweo

Jigeum nan

Slower (In your dreamSlower

(Let me in)

[Music]

Lower

Lower, Lower

After the music finishes, the three come running out of the booth and over to the computer where Ju Gin and I had arranged and cleaned everything according to plan. I press play and together we all sing along to our vocals.When the song finishes, Ji Young saves it all to a CD and smiles looking at us. "Fourteen years... I never want to change moments like these. Let's continue strong, yes?" She asks. We look at one another before looking back at her with a smile. "Ne!" 

_____________________________________________

Leaving the JYP building, I enter my car and drive off to the radio studio, so I can do my nightly DJing. I park in the assigned parking lot before entering the studio. I bow politely at all my seniors and other workers as I make my way to the cafeteria. I walk in and bow to the staff members, saying my hellos before grabbing my water bottle, hot chocolate with milk, and a whole bunch of snacks like cookies and other pastries. I walk into the radio room where a female staff member helped me set up. "We have everything set up for tonight. As far as we know there will be no guests, so the show is all yours." She informs me. I bow my slightly and smile softly, "Ne, gamsahamnida~" I hum. 

I place my headphones on to see that my laptop where it displays the following playlist and upcoming callers was as well. I take a sip of my hot chocolate mindlessly humming as the smooth heavenly taste hits my taste buds. "Delicious~" I say quietly, sitting the cup down. The studio owner presses the button which tells me that we are live. I nod my head and follow the script as told. "Annyeonghaseyo, everybody~" My husky voice greets softly into the mic. "You're listening into 'Whitney's Sleepover' and this is your host, Whitney, speaking." I say. I sigh as todays thoughts ran through my head, "I hope everyone's had good day today. Whether it was flled with work like my day or just doing absolutely nothing, I hope you all are ending your day on a happy note."

"So, today... I was in the studio with my members, you know, Sovereignty... And I told them that right after recording our last song for the upcoming album, I had to come here. I was verbally attacked, yet lectured, I guess you can say about how I must make sure to not overwell myself or else I could injure myself more... And I understand, it's just that I want to work so hard for you guys and become a better version of myself every year, yet it's truly hard." I let out, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Dealing with such ilnesses like Moderate Depression and Anxiety since I was ten years old, it was becoming hard for me to see that I had such an amazing picture right in front of me. I had my sisters, my family, and my fans. I know I'm not grant such a high power like the big guy in the sky, but just know that for my Knights with the same or more symptoms, I will do all that I can to make you happy and cherish your life and yourself. I know it hurts to see me in pain, but just know that with the pain... I never regret it because I do it all for you guys." I stop, I look down at the script to see that we now move on to taking callers.

"Ah~" I softly hum into the mic, "We have a lot of callers tonight." I tap on the caller #1 icon. It plays, "Ah~ Whitney-noona~" The soft hum of a male voice comes on. I giggle, "Annyeong~ This is Whitney-ssi. Who am I talking to?" I ask. "My name is Shin Joo Kyung and I am 22 years old. I am a huge fan your group work and your solo work." He says, nervously. "Aw, gamsahamnida. So, what would you like to ask me, Joo Kyung?" I ask. "Noona... How does it feel to be able to talk to your fans about such topics that many believe to think that Idols are too good or too rich to talk about?" Joo Kyung asks. I bite my lip, thinking of my answer.

"I feel like this gives me and the fans a stronger bond than it already is because whatever Sovereignty or I has been through for past fourteen years, you all have been there with us. To be given such an amazing oppurtunity to talk about things like mental illness, stress, relationship advice, or just anything whether good or bad... It feels amazing because I never want to treat my fans as if they are just and only will ever be my support system, I also want them to be like my best friends where no matter what... you can tell me anything." I answer, thoughtfully. "Ah~ Noona, you're gonna make me cry." Joo Kyung says, sniffling. "Yah~ Don't cry. We all know how noona is with her emotions - you cry, I cry." I giggle softly. He giggles with me, "Ne, gamsahamnida. Noona, stay strong and eat healthy~ Bye, bye!" He says. "Bye, bye!" We hang up.

And it just goes like that. Time after time flies by as we take breaks and I talk as well as take calls. During the final break and then I'll say my goodbyes, I was walking back to the studio from the cafeteria with my tenth cup of hot chocolate and fifth plate with another set of ten or more cookies when I bumped into somebody. "Oh! Gwaenchana?" I ask, worried about their being. I go to pull away, but their arms won't let go of me. "Y-yah!" I grunt. "Wah, so you don't remember me? Hm, that's not how you're supposed to treat your Ballad King..." The voice whispers in my ear. I jump back when his arms loosen and watch as he takes his hood off to see that it was Im Jaebum. I glare at him while he starts chuckling. "Aish~" I curse under my breath. He gives me a bear hug, careful of the cookies and hot chocolate. 

"I came in to say hello and I walked into the booth only to see you gone and I thought it was over until the staff told me you stopped down at the cafeteria again." He says softly in my ear. I giggle, humming. "Ah, I thought so. I'm actually happy to finish the night off with someone else other than just my phone and social media." We walk together. Jaebum grabs my hot chocolate from my left hand and took a sip while I stare at him in disbelief. "N-neol... michyeosseo? Huh?!" I playfully scowl, trying to get it back. He switches hands, so his left hand has the cup while his right grabs hold of my hand. "Maybe.. maybe not." He says, leading me into the booth. 

We sit beside each other as the break was almost over. "So, I was wondering for the end of the show, if we could sing our ballad 'Take You Home'?" Jaebum asks as we set our headphones on our heads. "Definitely. Here have cookie." I say, passing the plate over. He laughs, grabbing one. "Gamawo~" He says in cute, but soft Jaebum way. I puff out my cheeks, trying to hide my blush behind the mic. The producer presses the button which tells we're live. I nod and speak, "Welcome back everyone. So, during the break, an intruder had flown into the window. They kept going on and on about how infatuated they were with me and this was a man. A very awkward, but y namja." I tease. Jaebum hides behind his hand as he quietly laughs away from the mic. I laugh, "Just kidding! Everyone let's welcome GOT7's very own, Chic & y leader, JB~" I say. 

"Ah~ Annyeonghaseyo, GOT7's JB-imnida. Ne, I did stop by the station, but that was because I haven't seen Whitney-ah since the GDAs which was only six days ago." Jaebum admits, sheepishly. I laugh at his need to see me, "Ah, so cute." I continue to giggle. "So, how's everything been since then especially with Jack's back pain?" I ask, worried for my hoobaes. "Everything has been good. Jackson is actually back in China, which I wish he would settle down as not only his leader, but as his friend and hyung." Jaebum says. I nod, "Ne. He's in my prayers, all of you are..." I trail. "Gamawo, "Jaebum thanks. "Now, is this your first time hearing of my radio station?" I ask. He nods his head, "Ne. I didn't know about this until my manager had picked me up from my meeting with JYP-sajangnim and we were driving with the radio on and your voice came on. At first, I thought it was just a solo song of yours until I actually listened into it more to realize that you called it 'Whitney's Sleepover' and your voice was all soft which isn't normal when you sing." He says.

I laugh, "Yah, why would you treat your sunbae like this? Wae? I've had this show for about... almost a year now?! And you only found out a couple minutes ago?!" I scold him, playfully. We laugh together at the misconception. "Ani, ani. I don't really pay the radio that much attention since I always listen out for your music and if it isn't playing, I won't listen to the station." He says. "Aish... Why is everyone under JYP like this? I need to have a talk with him after this..." I huff, jokingly as we laugh. I look at my watch to see we only have time left for our ballad. "Since JB-ah is here and the show is slowly coming to an end as we all must rest for there to be another day, we shall sing our song 'Take You Home'." I finish. We both stand up and walk over to the music area where staff had everything set up with the cameras and everything trained on us.

I stood across from Jaebum placed the headphones on my head, nodding as the music began to play.

[Jaebum]

Are, amureohjido anheun cheokhae bwado

Gidarindan geol aesseo useo boneun

Nungae mudeun seulpeum

Naega eojjeol su eopsdan geol

Neukkil su isseo

[Pre-Chorus/ Together]

Gwaenchanha mianhadan mal

Gyeote issneun geosmaneuro

Chungbunhae haji ma

Anya dwaessda geunyang ne mam

Pyeonhamyeon deureojulge

[ Chorus/Whitney]

Ne namja anijiman

Jogeumman jikyeobwa jwo

( I need you girl )

Neoui geu saram anijiman

Neoreul anajul sun eopseodo

Neol jibe deryeogal

Neolpeun deungeul gajin geureon namjaya

Baraedajulge naege gidae

Whitney's Verse ]

Amureohjido anheun cheokhae bwado

Gidarindan geol aesseo miso jisneun

Ipgae mudeun seulpeum 

Nega eojjeol su eopsdan geol

Neukkil su isseo

[ Pre-Chorus/ Together ]

Gwaenchanha mianhadan mal

Gyeote issneun geosmaneuro

Chungbunhae haji ma

Anya dwaessda geunyang ne mam

Pyeonhamyeon deureojulge

[ Chorus/ Jaebum ]

Ne namja anijiman

Jogeumman jikyeobwa jwo

( I need you boy )

Neoui geu saram anijiman

Neoreul anajul sun eopseodo

Neol jibe deryeogal

Neolpeun deungeul gajin geureon namjaya

Baraedajulge naege gidae

[ Pre-Chorus/ Jaebum ]

I maldo an doeneun

Eoseolpeun wiromaneuro

Himi doeeossdan geol geuttaeui nan

Neol usge hal su issdan geol

Geu aen wae moreuneunji

[ Chorus/Together]

Nae moseup geudaeroreul

Jogeumman jikyeobwa jwo

I need you girl )

Neoui geu saram anijiman

Jigeum anabol sun eopsdaedo

Ne gyeoteul jikyeojul

Neolpeun mameul gajin geureon namjaya

Baraedajulge naege gidae

When the music finished over, the show was over. Jaebum and I help the staff clean up for the night before we grouped together to take a picture. His manager holds Jaebum's phone up and we pose shoulder on top of shoulder. He leans his head on mine while nuzzle my head into his chest with my eyes closed and a soft smile drawn across my face. His right arm was wrapped around my shoulders while my left arm was around his waist. "Hana... Deul... Set!" His manager counts down, taking the picture. "Ah~ Another one." He suggest. Jaebum stands behind me with his arms around my waist and his chin on the crown of my head while I hold his arms tightly to my body with my own as we both cross our eyes. "Hana... Deul... Set!" His manager counts down again. 

"Okay, last one." He says. We nod, laughing. For the final pose, Jaebum and I hug each other front to front with my head mushed into his chest and his lips kissing my forehead while his arms were around my neck and mines were around his torso. "Hana... Deul... Set!" His manager takes the picture and we pull away to look at them. He enters the gallery and it opens to the most recent photo which was of manager-oppa's forehead. He blushes in embarrassment while we laugh at his mistake. When we calm down, he shows us the proper pictures of Jaebum and I which came out excellent. "Ah~ Such a cute couple!" His manager mumbles to himself. We laugh, blushing as we hear such words.

"Whitney-ah, would you like to go out and get a quick bite to eat with me?" Jaebum asks, rubbing the nape of his neck. I smile, shyly. "Of course." He smiles wide, eyes turning into moon cresents which sends my heart on a rampage. "Hyung, is it okay if I..." Oppa cuts him off, "Ne, ne. Call me when you're finished and back at the dorm safely." He says, pushing us out the station while handing us our stuff. "Bye, bye~" He waves. Jaebum and I look at each other and giggle before walking to my car. We hop in and I press the start button, "Let's go~" I say, determined to destroy any plate of food put in front of me. So far, tonights going well and I hope it gets better by the hour.