River Flows in You

Forget Me Not

“So, you’re joining my club,” the president smiles at her, and Chanseul dropped her jaw.

It was the boy that she hit with her bunny, no, her bag earlier.

“Ahhh..  actually, I got into the wrong venue,” Chanseul lied as she took two steps backwards, trying to leave the class. It was then when the very tall boy steps towards her, causing her the froze as he lean down a bit to match Chanseul’s height.

“Shin Chanseul,” he read her name on her name tag and quickly turned to the club secretary.

“Shin Chanseul, write her name down,” he said, and the other boy did as he was told, much to Chanseul’s surprise.

“Were you thinking of leaving the meeting just now? Too late, you are already registered,” the boy flashes his smile. His evil smile to be honest, and Chanseul started to regret what she did to him earlier.

“Have a sit,” the boy motioned Chanseul by her shoulder and make her sit on one of the chairs before he took his seat right in front of her. Chanseul looked at all the other new members. There weren’t much. Probably less than 15 including her.

“I’d like to welcome all of you to our club. Today is your first day at Hanseong High, and of course, the first day of being a member of Hanseong Writing Club. I’m the president, Wu Yi Fan. But you may call me by my English name, Kris,” he introduced himself to the juniors, flashing his charming smile at the same time, and Chanseul suddenly realized that this Wu Yi Fan, no, Kris, was very good looking. When he didn’t have his evil smile on his face, that is.


*     *     *

 

The bell rang, much to all students’ relief. Chanseul quickly kept all of her books and stationary inside her bunny-shaped sling bag and quickly made her way to the class entrance when she saw Kris is walking towards her direction. Chanseul quickly changed her direction to the opposite, praying so hard he didn’t see her when she heard some of her classmates squealing like fangirls, obviously over Kris.

“Look at him! How can a person be that deadly good looking?”

“I know right? Such a gorgeous being!”

“And rich too, that’s a super plus point!”

“Guys, I heard from the secretary of his fanclub that he was hit by a girl this morning!”

Chanseul’s heart stopped beating for awhile as soon as she heard the last sentence. That guy have a fanclub? Because he is handsome and rich? Chanseul started to think that she actually joined a school for retards.

But more importantly, she is nervous when she heard people talking about Kris being hit. By her, obviously.

“Jinjja??! A girl hit Kriseus? But why??”

Okay, so now he is a God? Chanseul admitted the fact that he is very good looking, but, God? And a fanclub? And people are up-to-date about what happened to him as if he is a KPOP star? Chanseul is more than confused now.

“Kris oppa probably rejected her confession, and she got angry?” one of them said, and the rest quickly agreed, which caused Chanseul to roll her eyes.

“Anyway, I heard the club is investigating to find out who that girl is,”

“Ahhh, really? That won’t end nicely,”

Chanseul stopped walking, and decided to listen more to their conversation. She thought she needs to know what will happen to her since one of them said it won’t end nicely. Will the girls from Kris’ fanclub hit her with a bag as revenge?

“Remember Jihye?”

“Yeah, she caused trouble to Kriseus, and the fanclub managed to force her to leave the school,”

Chanseul gasped. These people are retarded, she is so sure about that! Which means she really have to leave now before the retarded fangirls learn that she is the one who had hurt their precious Kriseus. Chanseul then shivers at the name for the first time. The thought of being forced to leave the school is really scary.

She walked quickly and managed to leave the group of Kriseus’ shippers. Chanseul then fastened her steps, only to have her arm being grabbed from the back.

“Not so fast, Chanseul,”

The girl slowly looked back, and her eyes found the captor of her arm.

Kris.


*     *     *



Taemin took a seat in the middle of the dancing studio. He took out his drink bottle from his bag, and took a sip. By using a clean towel that he brought from home, he dabbed it on his forehead, face, and his neck, to get rid of the sweat he got from the one hour dancing practice.

Taemin can’t remember when, but he started to be really interested in dancing. Other than Chanseul, dancing is definitely his other heartthrob.

His eyes laid on the big clock on the wall. Another 10 minutes to 3.30pm. Taemin’s lips pursed into a smile because he knows the time to meet Chanseul is coming really soon.

He stood up, and was packing his bag when he suddenly heard the thunder sound. His heart skipped a bit as he walked to the entrance and open the door. Much to his horror, the sky was so dark, it looked like a storm is coming soon.

“Noona..” he croaked the name, and worry started to cloud his mind. Taemin immediately pack his bag, and after making sure he had his headphone inside his bag, he put on his shoes and started running towards the middle school.

“Oh god..” he muttered when he managed to get into the middle school through the tennis court, only to find a very unfamiliar environment around him as it is was his first time there. Where could his precious noona be?

Taemin then started to ask the senior students in the hallway if they had known Shin Chanseul or know her whereabouts, and never stopped even when each one of them shrugged, shook their heads or say “no” to his questions. It was then when it came across his mind that he should look for the right building rather than asking people randomly about a student who joined the school less than 24 hours ago.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Could you please tell me which one is the building for 7th graders?” though his heart is beating way to fast for his own good, Taemin is still polite to the senior students.

“Oh? That one,” the female student responded, pointing her finger to a white building, not very far from where they were standing right now.

“Kamsahamnida!” Taemin said, bowed a bit and quickly made his way to the building when suddenly the rain poured ever so heavily that Taemin can’t even hear anything, except for the loud sound of thunders and the storm. His face turned white as he quickly run as fast he can towards the building.



*     *     *


 

10 minutes earlier..

“Why are we cleaning the club now?” Chanseul asked, puffing her cheeks as she swept the floor with a broom, obviously complaining.

“Because the club is dirty,” Kris responded. He was just sitting on one of the chairs, monitoring the girl.

“Okay, but why are the other members not here?” Chanseul stopped sweeping, looking at the boy.

“Because I only call you,”

“And why is that?”

“Because they didn’t hit me with their bag,”

Chanseul rolled her eyes and continue sweeping. She wanted to finish cleaning very quickly so she can go to Taemin immediately.

“Taemin must be waiting ..” she muttered to herself, feeling guilty again for being late. It was then when she heard a thunder sound, and her heart skip a beat.

“Uhm.. sunbae.. can we continue tomorrow?” she turned to boy, asking very politely, hoping for him to say yes.

“Nopes. Tomorrow I will have other task to assign to you, so you better finish cleaning now,” he said, playing with his bracelet, not looking at the girl.

“If that’s so.. I can do both tasks tomorrow! I am good at multitasking!” Chanseul said again, trying to get a "yes" from him. Her eyes are now staring at the dark sky.

“Finish it today,” Kris responded, still not looking at Chanseul. If only he looked at the girl for even one second, he would notice how pale the girl is looking right now.

It was then when the thunder sound echoed again, and Chanseul lost her grip of the broom.

“Yah. Pick it up!” Kris raised his voice, finally looking at girl.

“N-neh,” she responded, but her voice came out almost like a whisper, stuttering at the same time. She was about to bend down to pick up the broom when suddenly the weather changed into a very stormy one. The rain is pouring heavily, their surrounding is now very loud.

With the sound of another thunder greeting both of them, Chanseul’s legs give in and she fell on the floor, knees first. She closed her eyes shut, palming her ears at the same time.

“Chanseul..?” Kris who had witnessed everything, made his way to the girl, though he hesitated at first. He got down on one knee, looking at the extremely terrified girl.

“Are you okay..?” he asked, as he tried to pat on the girl’s shoulder as he notice her whole body was trembling. It was then when another thunder echoed very loudly, and Chanseul started to choke on her own breath.”

“Yah.. Chanseul-ah,” Kris started to panic as the girl looked as if she is having difficulties to breath. He noticed that she started to shed tears as well, even though her eyes remain shut.

“Chanseul! Yah, don’t scare me like this! Open your eyes!” Kris is now holding her shoulders, shaking her a bit. It doesn’t help at all when he noticed Chanseul started to pant heavily, one of her hand is now on her chest, as if she is having a chest pain. She looked extremely pale, her forehead started to sweat and Kris does not know what he should do.

“Wait here! I’ll get help from the school clinic!” he said as he stood up and rushed out of the classroom, only to bump into another running boy and both of them fell down on the floor. Being the bigger one, Kris was quick to turn to the other boy and yelled at him.

“Yah!! Watch where you were going!”

Taemin, who is now on the floor, couldn’t care less about this tall boy who looked really angry, the younger boy thought he resembles a dragon. He needs to find his best friend quickly.

Taemin was about to stand when his eyes caught Chanseul’s trembling body inside of the classroom, and he can see that she is having difficulties to breath.

“Noona!” he shouted as he ran towards Chanseul, kneeled down and brought her small frame into his not-so-big embrace, resting her head on his shoulder. The girl, upon hearing Taemin’s voice, open her eyes half-way, only to find her best friend who is now hugging her really tight. Taemin’s heart started to break as he saw tears in her eyes. He started to feel bad for not being there for her on time.

“Noona, calm down,” Taemin said. Slowly, he changed his position to sit comfortably on the floor, still holding Chanseul in his embrace. He tried to reach for his schoolbag on his back but failed to do so as both of his arms are wrapped around Chanseul’s body. She is shaking a lot, he does not have the heart to let her go.

Kris, upon witnessing the younger boy struggling to get something from his bag, quickly ran to both of them and grabbed Taemin’s bag.

“What do you need?” he asked as he opened the bag, his brain is looking for anything that looks like medication when Taemin responded to his question.

“An mp3 player. Black. And a headphone,”

“W-what!? She can hardly breath, why are you asking for-“ Kris didn’t get to finish his sentence when the younger boy gave him a fierce glare.

“Please! The mp3 player!” Taemin said, his voice sounds stern.

Hesitated at first, but Kris still took out the mp3 player, and after make sure the headphone is connected to it, he passed them both to Taemin.

Using only one hand, Taemin slowly removed Chanseul’s right hand from her ear, and gently placed the headphone on her, securing it on her ears. He quickly turn on the mp3 player, and lean down a little bit, his face is really close to Chanseul’s, to make sure the player is playing the right song. Taemin kept lots of fast beat songs so he can practice his dancing anytime he wants, and he also have lots of calming songs, for Chanseul, during moment s like this. He felt relief when he heard the calming notes of “River Flow in You” by Yiruma from the headphone. The song came out last three years, and had been his favourite since then. Chanseul’s, too.

Upon hearing the song in her ears, Chanseul's heart started to beat normally at a very comfortable pace. Not so quickly, but her condition is improving as she can feel Taemin’s warmth against her body, and his fingers caressing through her long hair. She can no longer hear the sound of the heavy rain and the thunder, thanks to Taemin's headphone and MP3 player.

The younger boy can feel Chanseul’s heavy breath started to get normal. Using his skinny fingers, Taemin removed her bang from her forehead, revealing her cold sweat. Gently, he used his long sleeve to dab slowly on her forehead, trying to make her feel comfortable.

“I’m here,” he whispered, even though he is aware that Chanseul can’t hear him. River Flows in You took over her hearing for now, and Taemin lean back against the wall behind him, still hugging his favourite person close to his chest.

Kris, upon seeing that Chanseul started to breath normally, took a seat on the floor besides the younger boy. His heart too, started to beat normally. He was extremely panic just now. If he were to call the school doctors, people might know that he was actually holding the girl back, not letting her go home on purpose, without reason. Kris was ready to face all of those consequences just now when he really wanted to seek help from the school clinic, but Taemin came in time.

Not only Chanseul looked normal right now, but Kris is also saved from the school authorities, for all he knows he might be punished for bullying the new student.

He let out a heavy sigh, looking at the girl who is now looking as calm as ever, with her head resting on Taemin’s shoulder. Her eyes are still closed, though.

“Asthma..?” Kris asked, looking at the younger boy.

Still caressing his fingers through Chanseul’s long hair, Taemin shooked his head a bit.

“It's a panic attack,” he answered, without looking at the elder boy.

The answer shocked Kris a bit. He had read on panic attack in a newspaper once, probably two years ago. But this is the first time he witnessed someone suffering a panic attack.

“Why.. I mean.. what, trigger her panic attack..?” the tall boy asked, trying to learn more about the girl he just got to know this morning. The younger boy turned to him, and eyed him up and down.

“Are you her classmate? You don’t look her age, though..” Taemin asked.

“I’m older by 2 years. I’m not her classmate, but we are in the same club,”

“I see.. Hm, if I answer your question, can I trust you to take care of Chanseul noona from now on?”

Kris looked into Taemin’s eyes, not really sure if he should say yes, but he nodded his head unknowingly.

“Now that she is in a middle school, you will be closer to her compared to me. I need someone to keep an eye on her..” Taemin explained, and the tall boy nodded his head again, though he still didn't fully grasped the whole situation. A few minutes passed, and a serious conversation between both of them took place as Chanseul is still resting on Taemin’s shoulder.

Kris is feeling extremely guilty when he learned Chanseul is actually an orphan.

“She was left at the orphanage when she was 4 by her parents,” Taemin said, his eyes are on Chanseul’s face.

“Parents..? So.. her parents are alive? Why did they left her there, then?”

“Not really sure, but she was abandoned,”

Kris is now feeling a very huge sympathy towards the girl. She has parents, but she is unwanted, for God-knows-why-reason.

“She’s too young to remember how her parents even look like, but she remembers it was raining heavily at that time,”

The tall boy now had learn the trigger to Chanseul's panic attack. It is the stormy rain. Only then he understood why Chanseul asked if she can continue cleaning tomorrow. She wanted to go to somewhere safe before it rained. Kris slapped his own forehead when he remembers how harsh he responded to the girl earlier.

Taemin closed his eyes, resting as well. He knows it will take a while before Chanseul can open her eyes and stand back on her two feet. He knew Chanseul long enough to understand her panic attack. He was always there for her whenever she got the panic attack. It is a given that his house is less than 60 seconds walk from the orphanage. He could always ran to her whenever he received a call from the orphanage, especially during stormy rain like today.

Chanseul could be the brightest and happiest girl ever stands on the earth, but the pain of being abandoned by her parents sometimes took her down during rainy days. Her panic attack used to be a lot more worse that she sometimes need to be submitted into the hospital. But ever since Taemin happened in her life, her panic attack started to attack a bit lesser, not as often as before as they grew up together. The effect on her has weakened too. She does not have to be rushed to the hospital anymore. She only needs Taemin’s presence around her.

As for Taemin, Chanseul is a miracle in his life. Being with her whenever she needs him is something that he wants to do for the rest of his life.

That is the kind of relationship they shared together, for six years now.

 

RAMBLES___♡♥♡
Did you guys noticed that I changed the poster?
Now that we know the identity of the club president,
it is just fair that Kris Wu should be on the poster as well.
This chapter is to prove how important Taemin and Chanseul is to each other.
What do you think of this story development?
Don't just leave, please leave a few words as well, I'd like to know

what do you guys think of this chapter.

Till the next chap, thank you everyone!

PYNKFAERY