Baby Blue

Forget Me Not

October 15th, 2017

Alone, Taemin is resting on the long couch, trying to catch his breath. The 24-year-old idol was just done with his encore concert, “Off-Sick ” at Seoul less than two minutes ago. Still in sweat, he slowly closes his eyes. He appreciates the fact that he get a personal resting room for himself. There are times that he wants to be alone, especially today. The precious maknae of SHINee didn’t get much rest and sleep these days. He is working so hard for his dream, just like how he had promised someone special back then.

It was then when he heard foot steps into the air-conditioned resting room. He opened his eyes, only to find two crews carrying presents and gifts fans brought for Taemin to the concert.

“Mianhae, Taemin-shi! We didn’t mean to wake you up,” one of them quickly apologized.

“Ani, gwaenchana. I wasn’t sleeping. Just resting,” Taemin replied, forcing a tired smile on his face.

The crews quickly arranged the gifts on a few trollies so that it will be easier to transfer them to SM Building later, and left afterwards after apologizing once again to Taemin.

Taemin stares at the gifts of different shapes and sizes. Some were wrapped in boxes, and some were placed in beautiful bags. There is this one bag, however, that stands out more than the others. It was a paper bag, in plain, baby blue colour.

“Baby blue ..” he whispered to himself, trying to shove his painful memory away regarding the colour, as he gathered all of his remaining strength after the concert  to stand, and makes his way to the trolley. The pile is huge, so he doesn’t even have to bend to pick up the bag. The bag isn’t even sealed, so Taemin put his hand in, and take out a small book, with its back facing him.

It seems like a novel to Taemin.

“Novel..” Taemin whispered to himself again. Another piece of his broken memories appeared in front of his eyes.

As he is facing the back of the novel right now, he can see that there’s a short blurbs about the novel, but Taemin is too tired to even read. He was about to put the novel back into the bag when he saw the title of on the spine.

It reads “Forget Me Not”.

Taemin didn’t have the energy to even whisper to himself right now. His legs gives up on him and he fell on the floor, knees first. He thought he is still okay when he saw the colour of the bag just now. He thought he is still okay when he sees that the gift a random novel.

But the title of the novel brought back all the sufferings Taemin tried so hard to forget since years ago. The pain he is feeling right now is so real, as if it happening all over again. It is too much, that his body starting to shake at the glimpse of his painful memories. It is too much, that tears are starting to pool in his eyes.

Still shaking, Taemin moves his fingers to his neck, finding the locket of the silver necklace he is always wearing. He takes the locket out on his palm. The locket is in a form of a clear, crystal ball. Inside, there is a small petal, in a very faint, baby blue colour.

It wasn’t long when Taemin can see a drop of his own tears on his palm.

He can’t see the petal really well because of the pool of tears in his eyes, but all of the memories behind the locket are back now, stabbing him right in his heart, countless of times.

“I miss you..” he whispered, as he dropped the locket from his fingers, leaving it hanging back and forth from the necklace around his neck.


RAMBLES___♡♥♡
So ... yeah! Here's the first chapter!
Don't worry if you think it is too angsty.
I love happy endings, keke.
Please drop some comments, I'd love to know what you think of the first chap.
Till the next chapter, take care everyone!

PYNKFAERY