Japanese Takeout and Comfort Pillows

Japanese Takeout and Comfort Pillows

"You need to lock your goddamn door, Jiho.", Kyung mutters under his breath as he shoulders the door, indeed unlocked, to his friend's studio open.
In one hand he carries a giant bag of Japanese takeout, the other one holding his phone. 
"You don't hear anything with your headphones on!"
Kyung dumps the takeout where Jiho can't see it yet and flops onto the couch at the back of the room. He swears he didn't almost jolt out of his skin when he actually gets an answer. Jiho's back is still towards him, but his headphones are around his neck instead and his voice is somewhere between amusement and resignation. 
"Hello Kyung. Yes sure, do come in. No, don't worry you're not interrupting me. Please seat yourself. How can I help?"
Kyung watches from the couch as his longtime friend swivels around in his chair, grinning at him from behind messy hair. No doubt he ran his hand through his bangs 20 times by now, it was sticking in all directions. He looks ridiculous.
Kyung clears his throat and says in his best business voice,
"I have an offer to present."
Jiho schools his face into his business mode as well.
"You may present your offer."
Kyung makes a grab for the takeout and parks it on his lap. 
"I will trade food for you taking a break."
"What's in it for you?", Jiho wonders aloud but he's already clicking the save icon on whatever he's working on and stands up to shuffle towards the couch.
"You will be used as a comfort pillow."
Jiho falls into the couch next to him with a huff.
"Sounds fair."
He starts unpacking Japanese style food from the plastic bags and containers, Kyung meanwhile stretches out on the couch, resting his head on Jiho's thigh.
"Bad day?", the younger inquires while he finishes laying out food.
Kyung makes a nodding motion, knows that Jiho can tell from the movements against his leg. And anyway, it's more of a formality for him to ask, a weird ritual they've been using since ages. Jiho is the clingy one, always looking for physical contact, either to calm his nerves or to express happiness. Kyung only ever actively searches such intimate contact when he was stressed. Jiho knows that. Asking just meant you know I'll listen when you wanna talk about it. Kyung appreciated it. He also knows that Jiho won't press the matter if he wouldn't talk. He didn't. There was nothing to talk about. Nothing in particular that had ruined his mood. Just one of those days were anybody and anything annoyed you and your thoughts were spinning. 
So Kyung's plan was easily made, he could kill two flies with one stone: hide away in his best friend's studio and cuddle up to him to calm his mood and he could look after the idiot and bully him into eating something. Sure, greasy takeout wasn't the best solution, but his friend looks happy enough as he wiggles a bit so he can both reach the food on the low table and Kyung could lay comfortably. Jiho unlocks his phone screen and starts scrolling through social media as he takes a first bite greedily.  
" It looks like you've been starving.", Kyung laughs.
Jiho just blows a breath out of his nose without redeeming him with an answer. No need anyway, Kyung had a clear idea how the musician spent his studio time: writing killer hits and completely ignoring his physical and mental health.

" Have you ever considered taking care of yourself instead of wasting away hours on end in your studio?"
There is no real bite behind Kyung's question, he knows that he isn't much better himself. But then again he doesn't spend 90% of his time on writing music. Jiho grumbles above him but humors him anyway with an answer.
" Who are you, hmm? My mother?"
The older boy can't help but grin at the thought. Mama Woo wouldn't bring greasy Japanese junkfood and then silently watch on as her youngest son looks through irrelevant pictures on his smartphone. Mama Woo was possibly the only person Kyung knew that could reign in both Jiho and Taewoon with just a single look. Mama Woo would kick his if she knew just half of the stuff Jiho put his health through. Kyung says as much out loud.
"Your mother would kick your and then mine for good measure because I don't stop you."
He gets a breathy laugh for that, the son in question grinning down on him. Kyung grins back and when he averts his eyes a second later Jiho returns his eyes on his screen again. Kyung is cool with that, he doesn't want for Jiho's full attention right now. It could be a lot, when he put those serious eyes on you. Right now Kyung was absolute content with just his presence (and his pillow leg of course).
"But you wouldn't even protest because", Kyung takes a short break to relish in his next words, "because you're a total Mama's boi."
 He is tapping at the tattoo hidden under Jiho's shirt but he knew the position of all of Jiho's tattoos. He knows where his mother's face is located, younger then but just as beautiful as today. He knows the exact curve of John the Apostle written across his collarbone. His birthday date in roman numbers winding around a skinny waist. He should eat more. Crumbles from a spring roll fall on his cheek as Jiho happily crunches on them. Jiho lifts a hand, carefully, gently, absently brushing the crumbles of Kyung's cheek, gaze still fixed on his phone screen. Another spring roll disappears. And another. And another. The spring rolls are empty. Chicken appears instead between his fingers and just as quickly disappears again between lips. Let me rephrase: he should eat more regularly. And healthier. Jiho his greasy fingers clean and while that certainly was not a bad sight to see, Kyung's gaze focuses on his eyes instead.  Red around the corners. Eye bags so dark their makeup noona would click her tongue disapprovingly, Kyung certainly had made that experience himself. When was the last time he properly slept?
"When was the last the time you slept?"
Jiho makes for an answer but Kyung cuts in 
"- When was the last time you slept in your bed?"
Jiho's gaze flickers between his screen and Kyung's curiously reprimanding expression.
"Two" 
"Two what? Two hours ago? Did you sleep for two hours? Neither is a good answer." 
Jiho locks his phone screen and half smiles and half pulls an apologetic grimace.
"Two days ago." 
Kyung sits up so fast he almost knocks his head into Jiho's chin. 
"Two days ago??? Are you insane?"
Jiho doesn't even try to answer just gets ready for the punch he knows Kyung will deliver. Well, he wouldn't wanna disappoint, so Kyung socks him in the shoulder before resting his head on Jiho's legs again.
"Did you stay in the studio the whole time?"
Jiho gives an affirmative hum, now that his phone is abandoned, his hands rest on Kyung's side, fiddling and fidgeting gently with the material of his shirt. His gaze is settled aimlessly somewhere between Kyung's legs and the floor.
"Did you sleep at all?" 
Jiho focuses his eyes on his face for a second before sighing, settling his back fully against the backrest, head falling back, eyes closed.
"I took naps on the couch. You have to admit it's quite comfy." 
Kyung closes his eyes as well.
"No way was it comfortable. I can barely fully lie down on it", Kyung quips. 
It's true too, his feet are dangling over the edge already.
Kyung still has his eyes closed but he hears the mocking smile in Jiho's voice.
"I'm gonna tell Taeil that you admitted that you're short." 
"I said no such thing." 
He tries to go for affronted and denying but Jiho's quiet laugh tells him, it came across at no such thing.
"Well, you implied it." 
One of Jiho's hands finds its way into Kyung's hair. When Kyung opens his eyes Jiho is looking down at him, face content, shoulders relaxed. His eyes catch Kyung's attention again. They look tired and blurry but they fix him with a soft and gentle expression. How long is he already looking at me? Kyung burries his face above Jiho's right hip, face hidden in the bunched up shirt. And he says he doesn't like romance. Liar. I am cheesy but he sure is full of romantic bull. When he looks up again, Jiho has not budged a bit, hand still running through Kyung's hair with an absent intention, face relaxed, eyes resting on Kyung's face. Tired but happy would be the first description coming to mind.