001: Beginning

Café Universe
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nevie, this one is for you and your massive love for chanhun, this is why this exists! xoxo.

 

Café Universe was buzzing with so much energy from young teenagers to elderly couples who came for the usual coffee on Monday mornings. It was a very cold morning, right after the holidays, teenagers, young adults who attended the university not so far away came rushing in for something warm. Chanyeol smiled at everyone, he always welcomed them with a big smile and bid them goodbye with a smile. Don’t tell anyone but most of the customers were girls, their eyes were literally heart eyes whenever they saw Chanyeol. Minseok, the owner of the café would jokily say “Ah, I sure did a good job hiring you, my attention getter!” It was just another busy day at the café, nothing interesting happened, until that particular morning… Oh, was Chanyeol not ready for the new roller coaster coming his way!

 

“Oi! Chanyeol! You came early today! Did your sister kick you out because of your loud snores again?” Baekhyun snickered loudly, as soon as he walked lazily into the café. Ugh, he was not having it today! He pulled an all-nighter last night because he was up playing games with Jongdae, that he so claimed was going to beat him and Chanyeol being no quitter was sooo not going to lose $40 to him because he was tired! No way! “Dude, no offense but shut up, I had a rough night and your loud voice isn’t helping me any better, shut up and look pretty,” he said grumpily. He rubbed his eyes and stretched, raising his arms up in the air, a series of bone cracking sounds, were all that he heard before letting out a loud yawn. He walked to the counter where he threw a rolled up paper towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun being Baekhyun just laughed at him and threatened to tell Minseok and Junmyeon hyung Chanyeol wasn’t doing his job and to fire him. Both laughed knowing they won’t do anything, the four of them were always together nothing separated them, they were brothers. Café Universe existed because of them four.

“I’m seriously about to lose my mind like I swear on everything- can you believe fricken Peeta was going to kill Katniss?!!?!??! WHO DOES THAT! LIKE DUDE YOU LOVE HER, OH MY GOD I CANT!” Leave it to Junmyeon who always made his big entrance talking about love stories he read occasionally. Guess today was the rant marathon of the Hunger Games. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun groaned, “Ugh hyung, we get that you’re single and release that frustration of not having anyone, reading books but we seriously aren’t interested.” Baekhyun said, while Chanyeol sat in the chairs close to the counter nodding irritably. “YAH! BYUN BAEKHYU-“suddenly a softer but stern voice was heard. “Shouldn’t you guys be putting the chairs down and flipping the sign to open instead of arguing?” Baekhyun rushed up from his seat and yelled “Oh! MINSEOK HYUNG!” he chuckled nervously, “We were just doing that! I swear!” and as soon as he said that both he and Chanyeol rushed to do what was ordered to do because angry and irritated Minseok was a total - oh hell no - according to Baekhyun. Customers came as soon as the sign was flipped and Chanyeol being the “attention getter” pulled a smile and cheerfully said a loud “Welcome to Café Universe!” It was the routine, and it was how Park Chanyeol lived his life, serving coffee and interacting with others that weren’t his parents, sister or his annoying - Loving! – friends. He didn’t need anything else, love was never his priority, and people only dated him for his face and his money. Love was stupid, useless or so he would say…

“HELLO! Welcome to Café Unive-“Chanyeol suddenly trailed off from his greeting. He was wiping the counter as the bell ringed indicating a new customer just came in, and boy! was he taken by surprise, this boy, he was so beautiful, he looked like a model, his sharp eyebrows, mid length messy hair, pouty lips, soft freckles and just a pair of beautiful brown eyes. Chanyeol didn’t know what went through him but just imagine seeing a gaping fish, he probably looked like one of those. “Oh my god, he’s so beautiful, an angel? God is this you? Did you come to take me?” Chanyeol shook his head, “oh my god, snap out of it dude! Leave this to Junmyeon hyung-““Um, hey, are you alright?” a soft husky voice interrupted his train of thoughts. “Oh god! CHANYEOL SNAP OUT OF IT! FOCUS!” “Oh um, uh, s-s-sorry!” Chanyeol cleared his throat and stood up straight, “Welcome to Café Universe, may I take your order?” He really tried to stay in a professional level, but as the angel - (oh my god shut up!) the boy, was looking up at the menu, he couldn’t help but admire how beautiful he was, (how does he have such amazing soft skin? Is he really an angel?) “Can I have a grande caramel macchiato please? OH! And can you make it for here too?” the angelic boy spoke softly, smiling at Chanyeol, totally taking him off guard again. FOCUS CHANYEOL

Please log in to read the full chapter