Tell Me

Tell Me

AN: Hi! These is for those Sungjoy/Bbyu/Jaejoy fans out there kekekke Recently I just miss them so. Hope you enjoy this! Watch the vid below as well, spread the love~

(To my Dara GD chingu fans, I'll cook something up but I'm waiting for Jiyong, you see. Did he say anything yet? lol If no, then let's pray for all of us to be patient with everyting ^^ Hwaiting chingus~)


TELL ME

 

 

The phone alarm blows off, there was a rustle. A cat jumps on the bed.

 

Yook Sungjae grumbles and reaches for his phone on the nightstand, turning of his alarm. He pats the back of his cat. “Good Morning, Sami.”

 

He unlocks his phone and her face appears, a sweet smile. He can’t help his own smile, looking at the picture. It was the photo he took of her at the beach in their Hainan trip. He was holding her hand and she was smiling so beautifully at him as he held the camera. “Good Morning, Sooyoung-ah.”

 

It was a typical day for Yook Sungjae, spending a day with his cat and wondering about Joy, Park Sooyoung, his once virtual wife.

 

It was already almost a year and a half since their virtual marriage ended, he still thought of her from time to time. They haven’t talked for months, weren’t able to see much of each other in events. They were so busy with their own lives and career. Though he was happy for both of their group’s success as well as their individual achievements, he often wondered how she was doing.

 

It wasn’t that he couldn’t contact her or approach her again, he just wanted the both of them to enjoy the peak of their youth and career for the mean time. Enjoy time with their members and fans. It was not time yet. He knew that yet it doesn’t stop him from having thoughts of her most of the time. He sometimes worried it would be too late one day.

 

He sighs and gets up and makes coffee for himself, bringing Sami the cat. He started singing his song.

 

There’s so many things I want to hear

I think this is our first time after we broke up

It’s already been a year

 

He started humming the rest as he glance around his house. He kept on remembering the unit they stayed at together, goofing and lazing around. He started grinning stupidly to himself. “Ey, stop smiling, Yook Sungjae.” He looks at Sami who was just staring at him, he drops his crazy smile. “Alright, let’s play, Sami-ah.”

 

He picks his cat up and goes back to his room, putting down his mug and turning on his computer, ready to be with his computer games again. “I won’t think about her today. Much. Kekeke.”

 

Yes, that is how Yook Sungjae’s typical day goes on.

 

--

 

“How have you been? Any good news?

You’re still so honest and direct”

 

“Didn’t you miss us sometimes? I’m just suddenly curious” He was lying down on his sofa, staring at his ceiling, singing these specific line on his song again. Sami rubbing against his side. His song has been released for two weeks already. If she heard it, would she recognize it was for her? He’d bare his soul writing that song. He always had a hard time expressing himself to anyone, to his memebrs,  even to her those couple of times he saw her in events after they went their separate ways. Especially now that their popularity is at its peak, he was wary of their fans and their group, he was especially worried for her and what would be the consequence if he approached her without thought.

 

So despite wanting her to know his message through this song, he also wanted to ease his feelings slowly to his fans through this song. For them to slowly accept the truth. She was that girl. The only girl, he’s always been looking for.

 

“Sami, you also wonder what your mom is doing?”

 

“Is Sooyoung happy today? Should I just call her?” He often had this dialogue with his cat that could only answer him with a soft meow. “Aniya, I don’t know what to say.” He giddily shook his head, he lies back on his bed. “Sooyoung-ah, how are you today?”

 

Just like every night he spends alone with his cat, he wonders about Joy. “She must already be sleeping, Sami.” He snickered to himself, imagining how she looked like a baby when she sleeps. He could remember how innocent she looked when she fell asleep by the pool beside him that one time.

 

He sighed, “Sometimes I want to talk with you. Sometimes I want to hug you,” he sang his part in their song Stand by Me. “Aish.” He let out another sigh, “This is boring, Sami, where’s your omma?”

 

The doorbell suddenly rings, startling him. “Eh?” his brows furrowed, “Is that her?” he joked and laughed out loud. He slides himself of his bed, “Who would come this late anyway…Who is it?”

 

He looks at the screen to check who rang the bell. There seemed to be no one. He was getting suspicious, so when he opened the door he was startled to see a crouched figure beside it.

 

It was her. Sooyoung. Joy.

 

It was really her. He could hear himself gulp that big lump on his throat, doubting his eyes.

 

He was frozen for some seconds before he started towards her, dropping down slowly in front of her.

 

His hand reached out tentatively. Joy was sniffing as she looked up at him with tear streaked eyes. His heart dropped.

 

Sometimes I want to talk with you

Sometimes I want to hug you

 

The lines he sang rang in his ears. She was finally here.

 

“Sooyoung-ah,” Both his hands rubbed her arms to warm her up. He noticed she was wearing her pajama and a night robe. “What’s wrong?”

 

Joy just looked up at him for a while, calming down her sobs as she let the words out her trembling mouth, “I missed you, it was hard.”

 

His eyes quivered. “That ‘s…” It was his song.

 

Tell me that you missed me

Tell me how it was so hard

That you didn’t know it’d hurt this much

 

The world just seemed to stop. There was a sudden numb throughout his body as he was overwhelmed by his feelings. He took that one deep breath before he let out a relieved laugh, his eyes warmed up as he stared back at her.

 

Joy breathed in. He started to grin before he finally pulled her to his arms, planting a soft kiss on the side of her head.

 

“Sooyoung-ah..” He couldn’t believe it. He was holding her in his arms again. She was warm, she was real. It was real. He smiled, feeling his own eyes well up. He bit his lip, his hand clutching the back of her neck. The other at her back, securely. Not wanting to let go. Nonetheless, he pulled her even closer, closing his eyes.

 

--

 

Joy closed her eyes as well, savoring this moment. It was unreal. He was here. His arms around her again.

 

She also couldn’t believe herself that had rushed down their dorm and jumped that cab in her pajamas, and in tears, the moment she finished listening to his song.

 

She was already bawling her eyes out throughout the song but hearing that last part, that last line, she couldn’t let it go. She couldn’t let a day pass by without seeing him or telling her what she really felt. That it was hard on her too. She missed him. So much.

 

“I’ll tell you, I missed you

I’ll tell you, it was so hard

We shouldn’t have ended it like that

But it seemed like you were doing well so I couldn’t tell you

Maybe it’s really time for me to let go now”

 

 

--

 

He brings her a blanket to cover herself up and makes her sit on a stool by the kitchen bar as he goes to make a hot chocolate for her. He peeks at her and saw her looking around his home. He coughed and hid a smile as he hands her the mug.

 

“T-thanks.” Joy gave him a quick glance then looks down at her cup, there were small marshmallows in it. She smiled cutely at it. He couldn’t help the smile that crept his own lips, seeing that.

 

Sungjae bit down the grin as he pulled Sami closer, patting its back.

 

“So…”

 

Joy looked up from her cup and placed it down carefully. “So… “ she started twisting the ends of her hair. “I just wanted to tell you that, actually.”

 

“Tell me what, Sooyoung-ah?” He had a grin on his face.

 

Joy looked at him and blushed. “I already told you.”

 

“Did you listen to my song?” He asked. When she gave a quick nod, he laughed out loud. “Sooyoung-ah, you didn’t have to come all the way here this late…” He was most concerned that she was only wearing her night gown.

 

“I just didn’t want you to let go.” She mumbled, but in the silence, he clearly heard her. She started to blush, realizing what she said. He wanted to reach across the table and hug her again. She was being adorable.

 

Joy, feeling embarrassed, excused herself for the bathroom. Sungjae scoffed, “Straight until the end and the right door,” he instructed and when she left, he whispered to Sami, “Sami-ah, that’s your mom kekekeke”

 

--

 

Joy faced herself in the mirror, cringing. “What were you thinking, Joy?” She looked at her tear streaked face, stared down at her pajamas. This was not what she planned  on looking when she saw him again properly. Must be the complete opposite of it.

 

“This is not right. I should go.” She nodded to herself then paused. “But I’m already here…” She remembered his smile earlier, the warmth in his eyes. How she missed looking at them. She wanted to stay. She shook her head. “But I shouldn’t be here at a guy’s place so late at night…”

 

“But it’s not like we haven’t spent a night together in Hainan…” She remembered sleeping in his arms. She started thumping her head, avoiding her imagination from running wild.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, are you okay over there?” Sungjae shouted from the outside.

 

“Y-yes! I’m done.” She went to flush the toilet, her pretention.

 

She opened the door and Sungjae was there right at her face, startling her. “O-oppa!”

 

“Everything all right?”

 

“Yes.” She went past him, hoping he wouldn’t pry anything anymore. She was already blushing from how close they were just now. “Yes, my stomach was just grumbling."

 

Joy immediately went straight to the other end of the sofa. Sungjae slumped down next to her, handing her back the blanket he gave her earlier. Joy glanced at him, he was just watching her with those raised brows again.

 

“W-why?”

 

“Sooyoung-ah, you’re not shy, right? Going to a guy’s house alone?”

 

“Me? No, why would I be?” She knew her cheeks were betraying her, she tried to lift the blanket to cover her face.

 

Her heart thumped at his sudden hearty laugh. She missed him.

 

“I’ll take you home.” He went to stand but was stopped. Joy was holding unto his sweater.

 

Sungjae stared at her hand then sought her eyes. Joy bit her lip and avoided his eyes. “Can’t I stay here? I don’t want to bother you taking me home.”

 

She patted the blanket wrapped around her. “I’ll use this. I’ll stay here at the sofa.”

 

Sungjae blinks at her suggestion before he broke into another laugh. He'd never laugh so much for a long time now. “Yah, Sooyoung-ah."

 

“W-what?” Joy felt her face become hotter every minute.

 

“You’re still so sly.” He said. You’re still so honest and direct, that was a line on his song. He started to chuckle to himself. “You’re not thinking of naughty thoughts, right now, right?”

 

“N-no, of course not.” Joy wanted to scold herself.

 

Sungjae just kept on laughing and he knew it was making her blush even more. It was too cute. He reached out to squish her face, just like before. “You’re too cute.”

 

He grinned and paused. Joy felt her heart skip a beat at how he was staring at her lips suddenly.

 

A handsome smile crept his face, squishing her cheeks one more before letting go.

 

Joy had to calm her heart.

 

--

 

“There’s so many things I want to hear

I think this is our first time after we broke up

It’s already been a year

When one day used to feel like one year

 

How have you been? Any good news?

You’re still so honest and direct

Didn’t you miss us sometimes?

I’m just suddenly curious

 

Tell me that you missed me

Tell me how it was so hard

That you didn’t know it’d hurt this much

After that day, I thought of you so much

Tell me you wanna go back to those times.”

 

In the darkness they sat, Joy’s head against his shoulder. His hands fumbling with her fingers. He was singing her the song he wrote. For her.

 

“I know this might sound funny

And even if this seems like regret

Even though there’s distance between us

I wanted to see you once more

 

It’s all in the past anyway

So there’s nothing I can’t ask, right?

I’m just curious

If you ever thought of me at times too

 

Tell me that you missed me

Tell me how it was so hard

That you didn’t know it’d hurt this much

After that day, I thought of you so much

Tell me you wanna go back to those times”

 

The warmth of Joy’s lips on his shoulder seemed to have seeped through his sweater.

 

“I’ll tell you, I missed you

I’ll tell you, it was so hard

We shouldn’t have ended it like that”

 

“But it seemed like you were doing well so I couldn’t tell you.  Maybe it’s…” Joy tugs his arm and he paused. Time for me to let go.

 

They stare at each other, both knowing the last sentence of the song, and Joy leans in for a quick peck at the side of his lips. He blinked at her and she smiled so beautifully, he had to catch his breath.

 

She didn’t want him to finish with that last sentence. Maybe it’s time for me to let go.

 

He remembered her tear-streaked face when he crouched down in front of her in his front door, “I missed you, it was so hard.” She tried hard to say those words despite her sobs.

 

The side of his lips lifted as he reached out a hand to cup her face, his lips sought hers. Joy was slightly pushed back against the sofa. It was a soft and gentle kiss.

 

He ended it with one last peck on the lips and one on her forehead. Joy just looked up at him adorably, still in a daze from what he gave her.

 

He looked down at her, their faces still near. He whispered as he smiled, his breath against her lips, “Let’s go sleep now, Sooyoung-ah.”

 

Joy could only nod in response. She thinks she would have agreed at whatever he suggested after giving her that just now.

 

-

 

He tugs her hand and led her to his room, tucking her down. When he turned to leave, Joy grabbed back his hand, tugging him back.

 

Sungjae, not really wanting to leave, relents right away and got in the comforter. It was just that simple. They did not need any words.

 

Joy smiled at him, satisfied as she yawned. He let out a laugh as he lend her his arm and she excitedly dove in his arms, hugging his waist.

 

They comfortably fit inside each other’s arms, just like old times. Joy started to drift off to sleep.

 

Sungjae watched the rise and fall of her chest, her slightly agape lips before finally falling asleep as well.

 

It was warm and nice.

 

They’ve never felt so peaceful sleeping in a long time.

 

--

 

Sungjae groaned, blinded by the rays that seeped through his curtains. He turned to see Joy propped on her arms on top of him, looking down at him. He brought up a hand to squeeze the back of her neck affectionately. “Mm. You woke up early, Sooyoung-ah..”

 

Joy pouted at him, “You were snoring loudly, Oppa.”

 

He rubs his eyes, still half asleep. His hands went to pat her head, “Mianhe.”

 

Joy shook her head and smiled giddily, “Aniya. It was cute. I had fun watching you sleep kekeke”

 

Sungjae can’t help but smile and sigh, still with his eyes closed. His fingers played with the ends of her hair. He went to grab her shoulders as he turned. “Then let me sleep some more.”

 

Joy tried to , softly tugging at his arm, “Aniya, let’s get up, Oppa. Hmm?”

 

“Mmmmn.”

 

“Oppa… Oppa? Mm? Oppa?”

 

Joy giggled as she pulled him to sit up but was surprised to be pinned down the bed. She looked up at him with wide eyes. “Y-yah, Oppa…”

 

Sungjae looked at her with one eye opened, a smirk lazily played on his lips. “Sooyoung-ah…” They stayed like that for a while.

 

“Mm?” Joy shot her eyes close, her lips.

 

Sungjae laughs as he leans in to kiss her forehead and dived his head on the crook of her neck, hugging her waist, making Joy yelp.

 

He nuzzled his nose against her hair, his lips kissing her suddenly bare shoulder. “Let’s sleep some more. Hmm?” His warm breath on her skin sent shivers right to her toes.

 

“O-okay.” Joy stammered, feeling her cheeks burn.

 

She pats the back of his head as he started to breath evenly against her neck.

 

“You’re so sly, Oppa.”

 

Sungjae smiled against her skin.

 

“Don’t’ give me a heart attack.”

 

She can feel the vibration of his laughter from his chest to hers. Their hearts thumping the same rhythm.

-

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

-

"Oppa."

 

"Mnn?"

 

"Let's not look at each other much in concerts. I think I'll blush too much."

 

Scoff. "Only if you don't wear too revealing clothes."

 

Blush. "It's our stylist!"

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Mn. I think I'll have a word with your stylist then."

 

Giggle. "Were you bothered all this time?"

 

"Mn."

 

"You're not jealous, right? Because I like you too, right?"

 

"No." Hugs. "Just sometimes selfish."

 

 


AN: I finished it, hope you guys liked it! Pls. leave some long and loving comments kekekek til next time~