maybe not

need a little help?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: this is an au where nico is older than byulyi.

 

***

 

it's been the nth time byul groaned in either pain or disgust (maybe even both), and her sister, nico was not having any of it; especially when she's in the middle of practicing how to control the staff that she may or may not stole from her evil mother.

 

"can you stop groaning? it's getting on my nerves. don't make me use this thing on you, byul." nico threatened, holding her staff and glaring at the younger. 

 

"i will as soon as i get the courage to ask someone out." the latter got up from bed, looking dejected.

 

"so the reason you're groaning for hours now is because you're a lovesick fool?" nico mockingly said, trying to stop herself from laughing at byulyi's face. "care to tell your older sister?"

 

it's all sincere. although byulyi and nico aren't really close, regardless of the fact that they're sisters, they genuinely care for each other. it's just that they don't have a lot to talk about because of their stark differences.

 

byulyi was hesitant on telling her older sister, scared that she might just . but when she noticed the sincere look nico was giving, she decided that maybe she needed a little help.

 

"remember kim yongsun?" byulyi started.

 

"kim yongsun, the girl you've been crushing on since kindergarten? the kim yongsun of your school's student government president?"

 

"yeah. the same kim yongsun who had a crush on you when we were in tenth grade." byulyi rolled her eyes. the older just shrugged.

 

nico's familiar with the bitter tone of byulyi's voice. especially when she brings up how yongsun had this huge crush on her to the point that she tried to talk to byulyi just to ask the things that she liked. one time, byulyi came home crying, all while complaining why yongsun had to have a crush on her older sister and not her. nico couldn't really say much that time, but she assured byulyi that she doesn't have a thing for yongsun. it's what made her sister stop crying.

 

"oh. so what about kim yongsun? is she your girlfriend now?" nico teased.

 

"how i wish." byulyi then went to her bag to grab an envelope, "i have two tickets for an awesome music festival and i badly want to invite her, but i don't know how."

 

"you're good friends with her, right? i'm sure she'd agree on going to it with you if you asked."

 

"but i don't know how to bring it up without sounding desperate. it's a lot more dif- oh will you stop laughing at my pain for once?" the younger threw a pillow at her laughing sister who caught it immediately.

 

"didn't mean to. you looked like you're about to cry, byul." nico mocked, earning another glare from her younger sister.

 

"maybe i should just give up and invite hyejin instead. we can go out for a few drinks after while i cry because of my failure." the younger said, burying her face in the pillow. 

 

it stings nico's heart to see her sister gloomy, but she doesn't know anything that could help byulyi's love problem. thinking of possible solutions, nico remembered that she's a wiccan. then it dawned on her. 

 

"of course! oh sweet jesus how can i forget?" nico shouted.

 

the loud voice startled byulyi who was about to sleep her hopelessness away.

 

"why are you so loud?"

 

"byulyi, oh my god. i just figured how can i help you!" the older girl said, waving the staff in front of her annoyed looking sister.

 

"what? are you going to hit yongsun with your magical staff and 'magically' make her fall in love with me?" byulyi scoffed, "forget it."

 

"will you stop being a for a second and hear me out, please?" nico rolled her eyes. bickering is already a common thing to them (especially when nico uses all of byulyi's eyeliners). byulyi just gave her a look, urging her to continue.

 

"well, if you haven't forgotten yet, i'm a wiccan and i own a powerful staff that takes my orders - sometimes." the older one matter-of-factly stated, but byulyi remained unfazed.

 

"point is, byulyi, i can help you arrange a romantic confession for yongsun!" nico excitedly exclaimed, "i can order the staff to make it rain rose petals at the gym after your practice or something." the older tried to sound convincing.

 

"and then what?" byulyi raised her eyebrows.

 

"then you can tell her about the tickets? it's worth a try. and plus, didn't you say yongsun loves romantic stuff like flowers and chocolates?"

 

"yeah, she does." byulyi blushed at the thought of that time yongsun was gushing about how beautiful the roses looked, but all byulyi can think about was how yongsun's beauty puts the roses to shame.

 

"then let's try the raining rose petals thing! yongsun's going to love it so much she's going to choke in romance." nico jumped.

 

"no choking involved, please." the younger laughed and hugged her sister, muttering a quiet 'thanks'.

 

now nico just have to figure out how to make it rain rose petals at the gym.

 

-

 

byulyi's been walking back and forth in the girls' shower room since their volleyball practice ended. she's panicking because her sister nico, who promised to help her out hasn't arrived yet. byulyi's just thankful that yongsun's taking her time to shower or she will have no choice but to make an excuse to stay a bit longer than usual.

 

byulyi and yongsun were always the last ones to leave after practice. even if they had a rough training, they don't really mind spending a bit more of their time talking to each other about random topics that's been buzzing in their minds. byulyi always comes home from practice exhausted, but the warmth she's feeling caused by spending a few minutes with yongsun overpowers it. she hates to admit that she's whipped, but she is truly, totally, and exceedingly whipped for yongsun.

 

the younger heard a click. it was yongsun coming out of the cubicle, dressed in a simple white shirt and jeans. byulyi thought she's the most beautiful woman her eyes ever laid on. she felt unworthy to be graced by someone perfect like kim yongsun.

 

"byulyi?" yongsun waved her hand in front of byulyi who was busy daydreaming, "byulyi, are you okay?" 

 

with that, byulyi came back to her senses and realized how close the brunette was to her face.

 

"i, uh, yeah. I'm good. sorry for zoning out." byulyi tried to laugh it off. the latter just gave her a small smile which byulyi gladly returned. it faded slowly when she felt her phone vibrating, indicating a call from none other than her sister.

 

"hey, i got to take this call. i'll wait for you outside, okay?" byulyi tried not to sound suspicious. yongsun just gave her a small nod before opening her makeup bag to freshen up.

 

as soon as byulyi stepped out of the shower room, she immediately saw her older sister sitting on the bench, dressed in of course, her usual goth getup all while waving at byulyi. 

 

"didn't you receive any of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter