Final

A Day in Life - Jihyo

I let out a groan as I bend my back over and stretch my upper limbs. I glance around the room and saw that my members are still asleep. They must be worn out after that tedious schedule yesterday.

Park Jin Young PD nim have reminded us to stretch every morning so that we won't get stiff. Being an obedient girl, I obeyed and have been stretching every time I wake up.

"That's the last." I whispered to myself and stood up, proceeding to the kitchen to prepare a simple breakfast for my members, some toast with a variety of spread on the side. I can't cook, my members are hopeless too. We have tried and experimented in the past but all we get is a lump of charred disgustingness. Eww!

I took a plain slice of the toast and settle myself on the massage chair that PD nim gifted us. It is so comfortable and relaxing that even our managers fight each other to get a chance to enjoy the massage chair. I turn on the power of the chair and lean back, enjoying the massage that the chair is providing.

Suddenly, all I see is darkness. “Guess who?” I panicked for a moment before realising that the voice sound familiar. I grin as I finally realise who that person is. “Tzuyu, why are you up so early?” I place my hand above hers and remove her hands from my eyes. While turning my head to the side, I lifted it to look into her eyes. She smiles at me and peck my forehead. “I wanted to use the wash room and I notice that the light was on.” She glances around the room and notice the toasts on the dining table. “You made breakfast?” I nod, motioning her to have hers. “I’ll eat them after I am done preparing.” She walks away, not before giving me another peck.

I finish the last bite of my toast, swept the crumbs off my hands and turn off the massage chair. Time to wash up. I walk back to my room quietly and took my belongings before proceeding to the bathroom. We have two bathrooms in the dorm and no, I am not a ert.

Drying my hair with the towel, I knocked on the door to the room nearest to me. “Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo, WAKE UP!” I raise my voice while knocking constantly before opening the door. “WAKEEEEEEE UUPPPP!” and I left the room, trusting that Jeongyeon will wake Momo up.

“Ung” Jeongyeon push herself to sit on the bed and shake Momo who is beside her. “Momoring, there is food in the kitchen.” she whispers into her ears. Momo shoots up and widen her eyes. She looks to her side and gave Jeongyeon a nod before dashing into the bathroom to wash up while Jeongyeon rubs the sleepiness off her eyes and walks slowly to the living room like a zombie. Jeongyeon sunk into the sofa as she waits for her turn for the bathroom.

Meanwhile, I am in the maknae’s room. I walk towards the cymbals that is hanging on the window rails. I slam them towards one another hard and place them back to their original position and proceed to the last room.

The final room, also the toughest room. I took a deep breath and shout as loud as I could. “WAAAAAAKKKKKKKKEEEEEEE UUUPPPPP!” and walk to the three beds, shaking their owners one by one till one of them shows sign of waking up.

Noticing Mina shifting in her bed, I walk up to her and shake her harder while mumbling at her ears, telling her to wake up or she can say good-bye to her game collection. She woke up immediately while shooting me a glare and walk out of her room. Two more to go.

Next target: Nayeon. I sit on her bed and poke her sides. “STOP STOP!” Nayeon sits up while covering her sides with her hands. She pouts, and mumble complains about how she is not respected in the group despite being the oldest. I stick out my tongue and proceed to the final boss.

How about leaving it to Nayeon unnie? I grin and look at Nayeon unnie. “No, I am not waking her up.” Nayeon unnie’s eyes widen as she realises what I am trying to force on her. I give her a wink and motion her to the final boss’s bed before walking out and closing the door.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” I giggle to myself as I hear Nayeon unnie’s scream for help and walk to the living room. While Nayeon unnie is affectionate, Sana unnie in the morning is a monster.

Majority of the members have washed up and they are having their breakfast. I took my phone from my back pocket and went through my email for today’s schedule. Hmm… another busy day. I sigh, gaining attention from the other members. “What’s wrong?” I look up from my phone and see Tzuyu in front of me, full of concern. “It’s nothing. Our schedule is packed today, again.” Groans can be heard throughout the dorm. It has been almost a year since we have a schedule-free day. Tiredness can be seen on all our faces, yet we have to put up a façade with makeup to hide our eye bags and smile as bright as the sun in public because we are idols.

 


AFTER SCHEDULE

 

“We are back!” All of us said in unison as we step into our dorm. We are finally done with today’s schedule and all of us looks like dead fish. Home sweet home.

The members spread themselves across the sofa and the rug, closing their eyes as they finally get to rest. I am worn out too, but I know that the day has not finished. We still need to wash up and I remembered that PD nim told me to give him a call before I sleep.

*Clap clap* I clap my hands twice to alert the members and told them to wash up while I call PD nim.

Silence envelops as I wait patiently for PD nim to pick up the call. “Hello?”

“Good evening PD nim, this is Jihyo.”

“Ah yes, Jihyo. I wanted to inform you that we are giving Twice 3 days of free time.”

“REALLY?!” I exclaim in delight, this is what we have been waiting for.

“Yes, rest well during the 3 days. There are recordings to be done when you are back.”

“Understood. Good night PD nim.”

“Good night.”

I squeal in excitement. The members will be so delighted to hear this news.

“What’s wrong unnie? Did something happen?” I smile at Dahyun who is lying on the sofa, with her head on Chaeyoung’s lap.

“I’ll tell you when everyone is done washing up.”

 


 

“Guys, I have an announcement.”

I took a deep breath before releasing the news. “We have a 3-day break!”

Silence

I raise my eyebrow in confusion. That was not the response I am expecting. I look around and found some of their jaws dropping.

 “Is that true?” Mina broke the silence.

“Yes, PD nim informed me earlier when you were bathing.”

Mina smile brightly, the brightest smile I have ever seen in 3 months.

“I’ll go book a flight to Japan.” Mina goes back into her room.

“Erm, guys?” I look at the remaining members. Discussions regarding the 3-day break begun to fill the room. I unconsciously smile at the sight, I am elated that my members finally get their well-deserved break. The smile slowly returned to a straight line as I spot Tzuyu in the kitchen, alone.

Did something happen to her? I got worried and approached her. “Tzuyu, you can tell me anything.”

She turns around and hug me tightly. “What’s wrong?” I return the hug and pat her back softly.

“I can’t go back to Taiwan.”

“Why?”

“My parents are not at home, they went overseas. How I wished PD nim told us the news earlier. They would have planned their trip on other dates.”

I pondered for awhile and grab Tzuyu’s shoulder, pushing her away from me and making her look at me. “How about going to my house?”

“Your house?”

“Yup! I am sure that my family will welcome you. They have been talking about wanting to see Twice’s members.”

“Okay!” Tzuyu grins and pull me back into a hug. “Thank you, unnie.”