Coming Home

Your Old Neighbor Jongwoon

It felt different to be back in my hometown. I left when I was 11 and now I’m 20. I stood outside my old house that we still own because it’s my grandparents old house so my parents didn’t want to sell it. Inside everything looked the same and a lot of happy memories came back. I remembered how Jongwoon and I always had so much fun together when we were little. Jongwoon was my neighbor before I moved away. I don’t even know if his parents still lives next to our house. He is an idol and he lives now in a dorm with his Black6ix members. I was actually surprised when my best friend showed me Black6ix and I saw Jongwoon was one of the members.

 

************************

 

I walked into my bedroom and a smile was showing on my face.

“My old stuff”, I said excitedly. I ran to my bed where I had all my teddy bears and laid down to look at them. My phone vibrated and I looked at it right away. It was my best friend.

 

Friend
Have you arrived safely? <3


Me
Yes, I’m home and everything looks the same :D

 

Now that I was on my phone I started to look around on my SNS. Black6ix had just posted on Twitter and I immediately open it. It was a picture of all of them. They were looking extremely handsome and just seeing Jongwoon reminds me again of my childhood here. The phone vibrated and it was my best friend again.


Friend
Have you seen Jongwoon yet? <33


Me
No! He lives in a dorm now not at home with his parents. He is an idol remember. ;P


Friend
Well… He can visit them you know -.-


Me
I don’t know if his parents still lives in that house...


Friend
Yeah yeah, just text me if you do see him… I want to know everything... XD <33

 

Someone knocked on the front door and one of my parents went to open. I could hear familiar voices. “It can’t be Jongwoon’s parents”, I said to myself silently. I stuck my head out of my bedroom door. At first I thought I saw wrong but it was his parents. Mom saw me and told me immediately to come and say hi. Nervously I went to my parents and greeted Jongwoon’s parents. “Look at you. You have grown so much and you are already an adult. Time really flies”, his mother said excitedly.

“How is Jongwoon? I haven’t seen him for so long”, I asked.

“He is just fine. He misses you alot”

“He does?”, I asked shocked. She nodded. I was still shocked when we sat down in the kitchen to drink tea. We kept talking about old memories and we laughed.

 

************

 

The next day came and I felt like this was going to be an extremely good day. I put on my clothes and went to the kitchen to eat some breakfast. Mom and dad was already eating at the table when I entered. Today I was really craving for coffee. I stretched out for a cup on the shelf and poured some coffee. I sat down together with my parents who was still chatting about yesterday.

“It was nice to meet them again. Isn’t that right honey?” mom said and looked at me.

“Yes yes, it was fun.” I answered. I took a sip of the extremely hot coffee and picked up my phone from my pocket. The screen lighted up and there was a text from anonymous person.

 

Anonymous 
Hey! 
I don’t know if you still remember me but my parents said you were back in Korea. I would love to meet you again. Can we meet?

 

I just stared at the screen. My parents was still talking. I got up and fastly walked back to my room. I unlocked my phone and read the text message all over again. Can this be Jongwoon? I took a long breath and answered.

 

Me
Hello! 
I’m not really sure who you are but can it be Jongwoon?

 

Few seconds later


Jongwoon
Oh right! I didn’t write my name… Yes it’s me, Jongwoon. Sorry if I confused you.

 

Me 
No no it’s okay. I just wanted to be sure it was you. XD Yes we can meet. Where?

 

Jongwoon
I see. I should have written my name tho. Maybe we can meet at the park in Han River in 2 hours?

 

Me
Sounds good. See you there.

 

This was unbelievable. I will meet Jongwon after so many years apart. I wonder how his life is now when he is a Kpop idol. His appearance has changed and looks extremely handsome.

 

*****************

 

2 hours has gone by and it was time to finally meet Jongwoon. I walked down the streets. Walked past some interesting stores. I even saw some cute cafés. Maybe him and I can visit these cafés later. I was at the park in Han River. I couldn’t see him.

“Where could he be?”, I said quietly to myself. It didn’t take long until I felt a hand touching on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jongwoon. He was extremely tall. He pulled me into a tight hug. He didn’t even say hi first. I wrapped my arms around him. I have missed him so much. I missed his hugs. When he were kids he always hugged me and I never knew why. Probably because he wanted to show his kindness and love for our friendship. He placed his hands on my shoulders.

“You didn’t even grow. You are still in the same height as before”, He joked and laughed.

“Now you were funny huh?”, I said irritating and hit him lightly on his chest. He stepped away a little and continued laughing. He took my right hand and I followed him into a café I walked past earlier. We entered and ordered directly before we sat down at a table. When our order finally came we sat at the café for hours and talked about old memories. I had really missed this. I missed him.

 

****************

 

Few hours later he followed me home. He didn’t want me to go home alone because it already had gone dark. I have really enjoyed this evening with Jongwon. I hope this would happen again.

“Thank you so much for today. I had extremely fun.”, I said when we were outside my house.

“Of course it was my pleasure. I’m glad you are back.”

“Me too. It has been so long.” He was looking down kinda like he was blushing.

“What’s wrong?”, I asked worried. He didn’t answer and I was starting to get nervous and extremely worried. Suddenly he grabbed my head with his hands and kissed my lips. At first I was shocked but didn’t pulled away. I knew for a long time that I had feelings for him but I never knew he had it for me. It was a relief. I’m glad I came back.