Prologue

Come Back Home

November 1st, 2016

Its a cool autumn afternoon in Seoul, South Korea. 

The happily married couple of 3 years Tiffany and Seunghyun are currently  on their way to meet up with Seunghyuns parents and siblings at a local resturant. 

They are going to celebrate Seunghyuns 29th birthday and his younger brothers, Choi Minkis 21st  birthday since they will all will be busy with work on the 3rd and 4th.

Tiffany is very excited to see her In-laws, especially her mother in law and her sister in law, Sooyoung. 

Seunghyun may have not shown it, but hes very happy to see his family especially since his dad and older brother, Choi Dong-wook, is always busy running his fathers mafia. 

As they pull into the parking lot of the restaurant Seunghyun feels as if something is off. 

He pulls into a parking spot and looks around some. 

He notices a group of 6 men talking beside of a van nearby. 

Seunghyun continues to look at the men and then feels something bad may happen. 

"Seunghyun? Honey is everything okay?" Tiffany asks softly as she gently places her hand on top of his. 

Seunghyun turns his attention to Tiffany and smiles a little. "Everything is okay" he says softly as he kisses her head causing Tiffany to blush some. 

They are then cut off by a knock on the car window. 

The couple then turns to see Seunghyun' younger sister, Sooyoung and his younger brother, Minki.

"Eww not pda you both" Sooyoung teases causing Seunghyun and Tiffany to playfully glare at her. 

This causes Sooyoung to laugh as Seunghyun and Tiffany gets out of the car. 

Minki keeps his usual seriouse expression and slightly nudges Sooyoung to stop

"Everyone is inside and seated already, lets go love Birds" Sooyoung teases again as she playfully pulls Tiffany and Minki with her to walk to the resturant. 

Seunghyun locks the car and begins walking behind them. His attention is the caught by the group of men again. 

They are talking quietly as if they are plotting something. 

He then spots a familiar face from one of the men in the group. 

The familiar face then notices Seunghyun staring. This causes the man to smirk slightly

'Is that... Kim Taehyu-' he thinks to himself, but is cut off by Sooyoung calling out for him to hurry up. 

Seunghyun then turns his attention to his younger siblings and his wife. 

They are already at the restaurant waiting for him to walk in with them. 

He quickly walks with them and holds open the door. 

He earns a 'thank you' from both his wife, brother and sister. 

The three then walks over to a table where his parents and  brother are sitting at. 

"Hello, Soo, Seunghyun, Min and my lovely daughter in law! And happy early birthdays Seunghyun and Min!" Mrs. Choi says happily as she stands up and gives all of them a hug. 

Mrs. Choi then sits back down as Sooyoung and Tiffany gives Mr. Choi and Dong-wook a hug also. 

Sooyoung and Minki then takes a seat beside of their oldest brother while Tiffany takes a seat beside of her mother in law. 

Seunghyun sits beside of his wife and is lost in thought. 

Why did the eldest son of the Kim family smirk like that? 

"Seunghyun are you okay?" Dong-wook asks causing Seunghyun to look at his brother. 

Before Seunghyun could answer. 

The group of men who were outside barge into the resturant with guns in hand. 

"Everyone freeze!" One man yells. 

There are a few screams, but no one moves. 

The group of men points their guns as the leader of the group walks over to the table where Seunghyun and his family are sitting at. 

"Well, Well, Well look at who we have here" the man says smirking as he folds his arms. 

This causes both Mr. Choi and Dong-wook to glare. 

"Kim Taehyung.." Dong-wook growls as Taehyungs smirk grows wider. 

"Now, Now calm down Dong-wook no need to be so, violent" Taehyung chuckles darkly. 

Mrs. Choi then begins to shake violently. This causes Tiffany to gently wrap her arms around her. 

"Why are you disrespecting your family name like this, Taehyung? Just becuase you're the son of a mafia boss doesn't mean you're all hight and mighty" Mr. Choi snarls some. 

Taehyung chuckles darkly again "why Mr. Choi no need to get violent also" he says teasingly he says as he raises his arm some.

Two men from his group walks over to him and has their guns pointed at the choi family. 

"Now, heres what I want you to do Mr. Choi" Taehyung says as he pulls a gun out from its holder. "I want you to surrender your mafia to my father and join us" he says as he points his gun at Mr. Choi

Mr. Choi laughs dryly "You're out of your god damn mind if you think I'll do that" he says. 

Taehyung growls slightly and points it at his head. " do it old man"

This causes Mrs. Choi to begin crying at the sight. 

"Someone shut her up!!" Taehyung yells. 

Tiffany glares and hugs Mrs. Choi tightly. 

Sooyoung and Minki also begins to glare darkly at Taehyung. 

Dong-wook stands up causing the two men to point their guns at him. 

He gives Seunghyun a look. 

Seunghyun automatically knew what to. So he stood up also. 

"Sit the hell down or I'll shoot this old !" Taehyung snarls. 

Dong-wook and Seunghyun smirks some. 

Seunghyun picks up a cup of hot coffee that was on the table and tosses it Taehyungs face. 

Taehyung stumbles back and winces. He tries to shoot Seunghyun, but misses due to the fact he is temporarily blinded. 

Dong-wook then pulls out his gun and points it at Taehyungs head while Mr. Choi takes his gun out and points it at Taehyungs gut. 

The other four men who were with Taehyung automatically runs over to them and points their guns at them.

The other people who were in the restaurant minus the choi family quickly evacuates the building.

"Now. Kim Taehyung. You are going to leave this restaurant with your friends now or things are going to get ugly" Mr. Choi threatens 

Dong-wook then gives Seunghyun a look and takes another gun out and slides it to him. 

Seunghyun picks up the gun and knows the look. 

He quickly loads the gun and points it at the group of men. 

"Soo, Minki, Mom and Fany get up and walk out now" Seunghyun says. 

Minki and Tiffany looks at Seunghyun. They nods some as Tiffany abd Minki get up and Help Mrs. Choi and Sooyoung out of the building. 

Seunghyun then look at Dong-wook. 

Dong-wook motions for Seunghyun to exit also. 

"But Dong-wo-" Seunghyun was about to say but is cut off by Mr. Choi. 

"Seunghyun you go make sure your wife, mother and younger siblings get to safety, now" Mr. Choi says sternly.

Seunghyun hesitates some. He nods and exits the building while having his gun pointed at the group of men. 

What Seunghyun doesn't know. 

Is the fact Dong-wook and Mr. Choi knew they weren't going to live any longer. 

Seunghyun then lowers his gun and quickly walks over to his wife, siblings and mother. 

He unlocks the car and opens the back door "get in Now" he orders as he helps his mother in the car. 

"No!! I can't leave them!!" Mrs. Choi sobs as she gets out of the car. 

Seunghyun then gets her back into the car and childlocks her door and closes it. 

She cries more and bangs on the window, pleading Seunghyun to let her out

He turns to his younger siblings and wife "get in now!!" He yells. 

Hes trying not to be harsh. Hes only following his fathers orders.

Sooyoung and Minki gets in on the other side of the car while Tiffany takes shot gun. 

Seunghyun gets into the drivers seat and places the gun in the glove compartment. 

He then starts the car after closing the door. 

He quickly pulls out of the parking spot and begins to speed out of the parking lot. 

As the car pulls out of the parking lot at a fast speed.

Multiple gunsots are heard. 

This causes Mrs. Choi to cry even harder. 

Sooyoung begins to cry with her and Minki pulls them both into a hug.

Tiffany looks back at the resturant and then her husband. 

She sees hes extremely shooken up and begins to tear up a little. 

Seunghyun keeps his eyes on the road and goes at least 30. miles over the speed limit of 45 to make sure no one follows them. 

He makes it to his and Tiffanys house. 

He stops and turns off the car. 

"Everyone out and in the house now" Seunghyun orders as he gets out of the car and opens his mothers door. 

He gently helps his mother out of the car. Shes still violently sobbing and prays that her husband and oldest son is still alive. 

Minki helps Sooyoung out of the car while Tiffany goes to help Seunghyun with Mrs. Choi. 

The remainder of the choi family walks onto the front porch. 

Seunghyun unlocks the door and helps tiffany bring his mother inside. 

Minki helps Sooyoung inside and closes the door behind them, locking it. 

Tiffany, Seunghyun and Minki helps Sooyoung and Mrs. Choi into the living room and has them sit on the couch. 

Soon after Seunghyun recives a phone call. 

"Hello?" He asks as he answers the phone. 

"Seunghyun turn the tv on the news now" His childhood friend and member of the Choi Mafia, Kwon Jiyong says. 

Seunghyun gulps some as he picks up the remote and turns the tv onto the news.

He drops his phone at the sight causing it to shatter. 

'Leader and future leader of the Choi Mafia found dead at local resturant'

~~

Three Days later

November 4rd, 2016

Its been a terrible three days for everyone. 

There is a private funeral held for Dong-wook and Mr. Choi. 

Only members of the family and Choi mafia were invited. 

Sooyoung and Minki is currently comforting mother their grieving mother.  

Members of the choi mafia and other family members pay their respects and grieve over the loss of their leader and future leader. 

Seunghyun stands far away from everyone.

Hes currently thinking things over, but is cut out of though when Tiffany gently places a hand on his shoulder. 

He looks up at her as she gently pulls him into a hug.

He automatically hugs back as he watches his father and brothers the caskets lower into the ground. 

After the burial process and grieving people begin making their way home. 

Minki and Sooyoung take their mother home and promises Seunghyun they won't leave her alone. 

Seunghyun stands at his father and older brothers grave. 

He blames himself.

He should have stayed. 

He is cut out of though when Tiffany gently grabs his hand. 

He turns to her and what he doesn't notice is that tears are streaming down his face. 

Tiffany gently whipes his tears as she pulls him into another hug. 

They stay like that for a little while. 

It eventually begins to become dark, so Tiffany and Seunghyun returns to their home where his mother and younger siblings are .

As they walk into the house they notice three people with Sooyoung, Minki and Mrs. Choi.

Its his friends Jiyong, Youngbae and his fathers best freind, Yang Hyun Suk.

"Seunghyun....we have something for you" Yang hyun Suk says. He has Jiyong and Dong Young Bae by his sides. 

Seunghyun looks at him "what is it?" He asks his fathers old friend. 

Yang Hyun Suk then hands Seunghyun an envelope.

Seunghyun looks at the envelope and hesitantly opens it and takes a piece of paper out. 

He then reads to only drop the paper. 

"...what does it say..?" Sooyoung asks quietly as Minki picks up the paper. 

Minki reads the paper causing his eyes to widden. "W-what?" 

Mrs. Choi reads the paper "no... nonono!! I wont let him do it!! Hes not going to be the next leader!!" She cries out causing more tears to stream down her face. 

This shocks Tiffany and Sooyoung.

Hes the next leader?

Yang Hyun Suk sighs "Mrs. Choi... I'm sorry but if Seunghyun doesn't become leader... then Minki will hav-" he was about to say but is cut off. 

"NO!! NEITHER OF THEM!! " Mrs. Choi yell as she sobs and hugs herself. 

Seunghyun remains silent. He looks at his mother and Minki soon after. 

Minki looks afraid.

He can't let Minki become leader. 

He just turned 21 yesterday. 

Hes still so young. 

Seunghyun sighs and looks over at Yang Hyun Suk. 

"I... I accept becoming the new leader" he says. 

This causes everyone to look at Seunghyun with shocked expressions.

"No!! Please no!!" Mrs. Choi pleads with Seunghyun, but he remains quiet. 

Tiffany also stays quiet as she looks at her husband. 

Hes a kind man he couldn't become leader. 

So why would he accept..?

~~

November 5th, 2016

There is a meeting for the members of the Choi Mafia.

Seunghyun is currently standing behind of Yang Hyun Suk who is giving a speach to every member of the Choi Mafia.

Tiffany is standing beside of him and glances at her husband. 

Hes giving a strong front, but she knows how hes feeling. 

Hes terrified. 

After the speech and the announcement that they are goung to war with the Kim Mafia. 

Yang Hyun Suk has Seunghyun step up. 

"Here is Our new brave leader of the Choi mafia, Choi Seunghyun" Yang Hyun Suk announces causing the Choi Mafia members to clap. 

Seunghyun waves to the members of the Choi Mafia with confidence while Tiffany stands there.

She knows. 

Both of their lives will officially change after this. 

~~

Sorry this was late TT. I've been very busy lately. 

I'll try to update the first chapter soon! 

Also sorry I made Taehyung the bad guy. I couldn't think of anyone else to use.