Hate

Inside my head

All Daniel could do when he's around Park Jihoon is to stare at him. During fan meetings, at the dorm, on stage, in the car, during dinner-- his eyes immediately seek out Wanna One's resident pretty boy.

And just like all the times he's stared at Jihoon, he takes his chance to stare at him for the second time this minute.

The second thing Daniel does around Jihoon is hate. Hate? Yes, for example, right now, he hates the way Jihoon's eyes light up at the mention of chicken. Really, this kid is so shallow. 

“Congratulations again, Jihoonie, for getting into Hanyang and Chung an!” Jisung cheers and Jihoon breaks into a shy smile, the kind of smile he does when he’s asked to do aegyo and people coo over it, so he acts all shy. Daniel gets a weird feeling when he sees it. He gets awkward upon seeing such a smile but he cant seem to tear his eyes away. He hates that feeling too.

“We didn’t have to celebrate—“ Jihoon’s voice trails off.

“As expected of Jihoon hyung!” Guanlin gushes over Jihoon again. Really, he’s such a big fan of Jihoon, it’s unbelievable. Even Ong gushes over Jihoon. Everyone gushes over Jihoon. He’s a big people magnet without even trying. He doesn’t understand it himself.

“Yah, how did you do it? Looks like it isn’t just your tummy that’s full, but your brain is too, huh?” He jokes and Jihoon pouts but proceeds to punch Seongwoo. How can he act so bashful but become so aggressive the next? Daniel thinks this is also one of Jihoon’s weird characteristics and he’ll never understand him.

“Because good news came for you, you get to choose the good parts of today’s chicken, piggy.” Sungwoon announces, but adds on the last word as a form of endearment. Jihoon’s eyes shine again.

“What did you call me?” He stands up and towers over the sitting Sungwoon.

“Yah yah yah, stop fighting!” Jisung chastises. “Sungwoon, you should stop calling Jihoon that today.”

“Arrasseo. Just for today and today, you get the biggest piece.” Sungwoon laughs.

“Should I take more exams so I get this kind of treatment more often?”

“Yah, be humble hyung!” Daehwi whines. “Hurry and blow your candles so we can start eating!” Jihoon does as he’s told and happily blows out his congratulatory candle. Daniel hates that about him too. The way he just goes with the flow and seems to do well regardless.

Daniel’s eyes travel to Jihoon's face and stills when he finds Jihoon staring at him.

“What is it, hyung?” He asks Daniel.

“Huh?” Daniel answers in shock then he notices Jihoon’s outstretched arm, offering him some chicken.

“You’re not hungry?” He asks again. Daniel snaps out of it.

“I’m hungry, I’m hungry.” Daniel smiles and Jihoon laughs.

“Hyung you’re really like a puppy.” He hands Daniel the bowl and Daniel reaches out to grab it. Their fingers touch momentarily and Daniel’s eyes flit to Jihoon’s.

He hates this feeling. The electricity that shoots up whenever he gets close to the younger boy. He hates Jihoon and the way his eyes sparkle. He hates the little laughs and cute sounds he makes, to the point that it drives him mad.

He hates Jihoon and how, everytime he looks into his eyes, he sees the sun, the moon and the stars—he sees an entire galaxy.

God, Daniel thinks, the thing he hates the most about Park Jihoon is how much a poor sap he can easily turn Daniel.

 

I hate that even now, I still yearn for you.