Chapter 2

Reality of a Dream

Recommend songs for this story to listen while reading: Dreams Tonite by Alvvays ; Flow On by My Q ; Saw You in a Dream by The Japanese House

 

----   ---   ---   ----   ---   ---   ---   ---    ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

 

" You're my

waking thought,

my sweet dream,

and everything

in between"

Perry

 


----   ---   ---   ----   ---   ---   ---   ---    ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

 

 

I woke up feeling dizzy and like everything is so vauge. Sunlight shines through the white curtain.
 

"Where the heck am I?"  I scan the room where I'm at. It's a room I'm for sure not familiar with. The room is a bit small but cozy with minimal furnitures here and there. Gray covered walls, a medium sized bed with a small table at the left side and a medium sized plant in the corner of the room. I yawn and rubbed my eyes and do some stretchings. I exited the room to be welcomed with a medium sized room. White wallpapers fill the room except there's a single side where it is colored fade-ish gray. On the left side from the bedroom a staircase leads up to the small spaced open second floor. It only contain the kitchen and diner which I can assume looking through its balcony-looking room. As like the bedroom, the style is minimalist and kinda masculine-y for my taste. *This might be the living room*  I thought to myself to which I got this inquisitive feeling because I'm pretty sure this loft apartment belongs to a man, not to mention someone who I don't know. Ohmygahd. I look through what I am currently wearing and thank goodness I'm still wearing my clothes just like yesterday.
 

I saw a door and quickly and sneekily walk to it when suddenly a voice of a guy greeted me from upstairs. I stopped and closed my eyes *sigh* and thought to myself *sht tsk*. I looked at him, he's walking downstairs with a tray of pastries and hot cocoa (I believe) and oh my freakin goodness what did I do to deserve meeting this oh so cute handsome looking guy which I can assume is around the sam age as me. "uh I uhm" I stuttered and points to the exit door. "Oh hey!"  the guy smiled  *Ohmygahd*  I thought to myself,  "Thank goodness you finally woke up!"  he is walking to where am I and placed the tray of pastries in the nearby table. The guy looked at me and then to the door beside me making him to his thoughts that maybe I was gonna go out of his place and leave for good.  "Are you uhm"  he rubbed his nape and pointed to the door,  "you want to leave now don't you?" 
 

"Well uhm actually. Yes."  I said while fidgeting with my finger  "I thought I might be bothering you so.."  and feeling a bit alarmed despite your attractive face I thought to myself

He laughed a little. "Naahh everything's alright and besides aren't you curious as to why you're here exactly? I'm sure you are"
 

*He's right*  I thought to myself and maybe I said my thoughts out loud that he laughed and smiled again  "Come on. Take a sit first and eat before you leave"  he walks to this part of the living room with a white see-through curtain covering maybe four verticals of the wall. The guy cleared away the curtains on both sides only to be welcomed by a small cozy balcony with a table and two chairs outside. I examined thoroughly what I am seeing and squint my eyes while walking towards the view.  "Oh.My.Gahd"  I covered my mouth and probably my eyes are now wide open because of what I am seeing,  "No way. NO. WAY."  I heard the guy laughed, "Why? What is 'NO. WAY' ?"  the freakin guy just mocked me and I rolled my eyes. The inquisitive feeling and the questions are now replaced with awe and amazement.  "Is this Rosean City?! Am I in Rosean City?! You?!"  I looked at the guy with amazement and back to the view and back and fort. Probably this guy is so weirded out by me just now. European vintage style buildings with either a cream, brownish or white colored hues are everywhere. Besides the sounds of soft chattering and vehicles, Jazzy instrumentals can be heard from up here, maybe someone is playing it live somewhere and I badly want to go out now. And not to mention, the trees here feels very fresh with its super green color. I feel so alive.
 

Yes"  he laughed  "This is Rosean City. You are here and so am I"

"No waayy"  I opened the door to the balcony and once again I was amused by what I saw because it is freakin cozy out here! Cozy plus this European styled view equals hohmygahd! Just let me live in here already!  "Wooaahh"
 

The guy now is holding the tray of pastries again and now placed it out here in the balcony table instead. "Now stop the awe and wows come sit and eat while we talk and you adoring the view"  the guy sat at the corner chair and I sat in the chair across him still not believing what I am actually seeing right now.  My mouth probably is gaping right now because the guy laughed and said  "Hey, there are insects out here you know"  I covered my mouth and decided to stop this fangirling and start focusing in the situation I'm in right now and this oh-so-charming guy across me which is adding to the beautiful-ness of the view. I looked at the biscuits and muffins and to him which he laughed and nods  "Go ahead"  I picked the blueberry biscuit and drink the hot cocoa. 
 

"So"  the guy breathes  "Introduction first. I am Byun Baekhyun and as you can tell I live here in Rosean. How about you?"

"Yuna. Park Yuna"  I dust off the non existent biscuit particles in my mouth and cleared my throat,  "I live in the Greenville City"

Baekhyun widened his eyes,  "Greenville City?! holdup"  
 

"What. Why?"  I said in a monotone and dropped my biscuit. Realization starts kicking in. How did I end up in Rosean City?! What?!  I might have just said that these are two cities of the state and I most prefer to live here but never I got the chance to say that it is freakin miles and miles and kilometers away from Greenville. So how the heck am I in here?!  "Ohgahd" I looked at him worriedly
 

"Hey uhm."  he cleared his throat,  "Calm down. We'll figure this out okay. I'll tell you how you got in here and I can tell you can't just go home that quickly"

I nodded still looking at him worriedly, "Okay"  I breathed
 

"Okay so"  baekhyun starts the story,  "I was going back home to this party. I was already near my apartment building and I saw you sitting outside the door of the building hanging your head low so I tapped you on the shoulder because you were blocking the way."
 

"Oh geez. I'm so sorry"  I covered my face and he laughed  "It's okay it's okay don't worry about it. And then you really won't budge so I started shaking you by the shoulder but it's still not working and I don't exactly know you. I don't even know if you are outside waiting for someone from this building so I had no choice but to carry you on my back up to my apartment floor. I knocked n my neighbor who is very close to me I asked him if he knows you but he don't and he knocked our neighbor which is in front of his and asked heer if she knows you but also she doesn't. I asked her if she could at least let you stay with her because I thought you might get uncomfrotable and weirded out when you found out you were at a stranger guy's place but unfortunately she can't because her boyfriend is with her so"  he sigh  "that's how you ended up here"
 

Baekhyun drink his cocoa, "How about your side of the story? Can you remember how did you get in here? In my building? I mean, we can figure things out if you know"  he rubbed his nape again.
 

I covered my mouth with my right hand and think thoroughly and harder.  "This is very weird."  "How so?"  "I remember I was also at a party but I very clearly know I went back home, I mean not in my apartment but literally home. I met my mom, my sister and brother. I was crying so hard and..."  "And?"  "Then I don't know. I can't remember now. I'm sorry I really don't know how I ended up here"  worry and guilt shows up in my face right now.  Baekhyun sigh  "Don't worry. It's okay. Don't be sorry. Eat first and take a shower then we'll call your mom or whoever you want then I can bring you home. I can take you with my car"  he smiled and move his brows up and down. I laughed a little at him and realized  "But I don't have...clothes..."  Baekhyun gaped probably not realizing that part.  "Uhm. We can ask and borrow from Angela. Hopefully"  I furrowed my brows.  "My girl neighbor. The friend girl neighbor I was talking about"  "Oohh okay okay"
 

We finished eating the breakfast that baekhyun prepared. It was very delicious I might admit. I wonder if he made those or just bought it in a nearby cafe but whatever the taste and view out here and how to get back home are my top prority thoughts right now. We got back inside his loft.  "Are you okay now?" I looked at him  "Hmm?"  "We should ask Angela now so you can get ready"  "Oh right right! Yes let's go"  Baekhyun smiled.


He lead us to Angela's apartment and he rang the doorbell. Five to seven seconds later, finally Angela opened the door. Still looking sleepy she leaned on the wall and crossed her arms,  "What is it."  she said still eyes closed not caring who she is talking to and kinda a bit annoyed I can assume I mean who wouldn't, someone breaking your sleep will be the end of that particular person.  "Can we borrow some of your clothes for this lost lady right here"  Baekhyun said. Angela, now curious opened her eyes.  "Oohh heeerr riigghhtt"  she pointed at me "You can. But not shirts"  she crossed her arms again.  "What. Why?"  Baekhyun said  "Well, curious boy, as you can not tell right now, I am out of colthes except pants, underwears and socks and shoes which I can just normally clean with a shoe brush but not clothes because I don't have money right now to buy a washing essentials or to get them washed outside so I'm actually gonna go out today and go back home to get all my necessities and probably live there for the meantime and be a parasite daughter until the sem is resumed. Satisfied Mr. Byun Curious??"  "Hmm. Well, you're gonna go out with just that??"  he pointed up and down to what Angela looks like right now. Angela looked at what she is wearing and looked at baekhyun and rolled her eyes.  "Well Mr. Byun BaekSuperCurious. I have my boyfriend last night with me do you know why? Of course you want to know why, you're curious all the damn time so let me answer that for ya. I borrowed his T-shirt. Any more questions? I still want to sleep you know."  she looked at me and then to baekhyun  "Oohh I get it. Yuh yuuhh. Well then, let the beautiful lady right here wear your shirt for a while. Problem solved."  she clapped and smiled then she thought of something again,  "Oh right."  "What right?"  "I might still have a clean dress here wait lemme get it for ya."  I looked at baekhyun,  "She's always like that moody then I don't know sarcastic. I'm sorry"  he laughed and I smiled  "It's fine"  Angela returned with the dress and lift up the underwears that she talked about and hand it to me making Baekhyun quickly look away to which Angela just laughed it off, assuming she did it on purpose. It's color is all white. It's really simple nothing extra special designs but very pretty. "It's uhh...it's kinda..."  baekhyun feeling unsure about the dress.  "What? kinda simple or kinda y? It's too y for your taste huh byun baek? I don't think so. I think it does too but my boy doesn't say I look y in it but instead says it's very feminine so I think it doesn't really. Right?"  Angela looked at me. I nodded to which baekhyun saw and sighed.  "Okay okay. It'll work I guess. It's better than nothing right."  Angela and I nodded.  "Well let me get my sleep back you two before I slam this door in front of you."  "Geez"  Baekhyun laughed  "Okay okay we'll head back. Thank you so much for this."  "Sure sure anytime byun baek but please next time stop bombarding me with questions. You sound like my demanding mom" Baekhyun laughed again and I let out a small laugh.
 

We head back to baekhyun's apartment and as to our plan, Baekhyun let me borrow an unused and clean towel and I quickly took a shower get dressed up. "Hey come let's call your mom and friends while sun's still out"  he looked at my direction and I'm pretty sure I saw him gaped but I didn't catch it entirely because my hair is kinda covering my eyes while I dry it with the towel.  "Woah."  I stopped drying my hair,  "Woah what"  "Huh? Oh nothing nothing."  Baekhyun cleared his throat looking at yuna from time to time. I took out my phone which I'm thankful is in my pockets because if I got in this place empty handed I will be so doomed. I scanned through my list of contacts and called mom first then Kyla and Marga. Minutes and several times of redial after, the line keeps on saying the number is busy at the moment and I felt more and more agitated. Baekhyun sighed. "Hmm. Can you tell me your exact address? I can search our way through there."  I said the exact address while he searched it up on the internet.  "Hey..uhm.." "What?"  "The internet can't locate it."  he looked at me  "What?! No way let me see."  I looked at it and damn, he was right. The exact address wasn't located and searched but I'm very 100% sure that what I just said was correct.  "This is unbelievable. This is so weird. What is happening?"  I'm near to tears so I covered my face and I bet baekhyun noticed it and came to my side. He pulled me by the shoulder closer to him while rubbing my shoulders.  "We'll find a way. Trust me. I'll help you in this. You'll be fine."  I then started crying because gosh, this is the first time I felt so lost and like I don't have anyone with me. I've always been with my family when I was a baby ten all I have is my grandparents when I was growing up, friends who come and go then this college life I just managed to have two close friends and been in my apartment most of times. This felt like I have no one to go after to.
 

"Hey..hey.. don't cry."  baekhyun stand in front of me and bent while looking at me. He cleared my hands away from my face and wiped away my tears. I still wasn't looking at him so he made me look at him by pulling up my face gently by my chin. He smiled,  "For the meantime, do you want to go on a Rosean adventure with me? For what I remembered you were so amazed by the view."  I managed to smiled by the thought of walking through the streets of this city. Damn, this was my ultimate dream and now I'm gonna cross it out of my bucket list. I nodded wiping away the remaining tears in my eyes,  "Sure. I'll love that"

 

 

    ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ----   ---    ---    ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---

 

That's it for the second chapter! Wooh! haha.

Hope you guys liked it.

One more Chapter to go.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to leave a comment

Have a Great day, always :)

 

---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---