Just Ordinary Day

Just Ordinary Day

“Hey,” Seunghyun welcomes Daesung to his embrace. The younger male shivers slightly as the wind blows its cruel winter air. “You got it?”

“Ta-da~” Daesung lifts the present up in the air with two hands, prouder than ever of himself. “I had to stroll in and out five different stores to get this.”

Seunghyun leans closer and kisses him softly. “Thank you, you should get a present too.”

Daesung sneers. “A plushie?”

“A me,” Seunghyun smirks as he wraps his arms around Daesung’s waist and presses their lips together in slow kiss. He feels him relaxing in his hold before pulling back.

Daesung cups Seunghyun’s face. “I thought I already have you since like…forever?”

“I’m yours,” Seunghyun smirks before them both burst out giggling. It’s been a long time since they really have time to flirt and talk comfortably without having to think about work.

“Do you think he will like it?” Daesung looks at the present, a slightly smaller kangaroo plushie than the famous Brownie. Ken had gone entire week without crying or whining, even managed to write his and his parents' names correctly so Seunghyun thought that he should be rewarded with something. Since he was the one in charge of watching him at home today (at least for half of it), Seunghyun asked Daesung for the search–and–buy mission after he’s done with recording.

“I’m sure he will,” Seunghyun takes the plushie. Unlike Brownie, whose artificial fur is brownish orange, this new one’s artificial fur is white without any trace of other colors. He doubts that this so white kangaroo really exists in reality yet Ken seems to never really mind about anything related to kangaroo. “Have you had lunch?”

“Depends on what you have,” Daesung smiles mischievously. “Is it delicious or–”

Seunghyun's hand shots to Daesung's nape playfully and the younger barks a laugh as he squirms, immediately pressing his hand against his mouth, afraid it will wake their son up from his nap.

“It’s our house, what’s mine is yours,” Seunghyun leads him to the kitchen.

“Not the mess,” Daesung sticks his tongue out. “I’m a singer, not a broom or vacuum cleaner or dishwasher.”

“I am a mess,” Seunghyun says.

“You’re not,” Daesung frowns, resting his head on Seunghyun’s shoulder as they reach the dining table. “You’re never.”

“I was just teasing you,” Seunghyun sneers but Daesung pulls him for a brief kiss before whispering mine lovingly.

***

“What do you think he will name this?”

Seunghyun shrugs. “Hmm…Boo?”

“That’s a little too short for a name, isn’t it?”

“Well, what’s your idea then?”

“Bingu?” Daesung suggests and Seunghyun hits him playfully on the stomach as he’s resting his head on Daesung’s lap. The younger male’s fingers are his hair and Seunghyun has to resist himself from purring because the touch is so comforting.

“How about Binky?”

“What kind of name is that, hyung?” Daesung huffs a laugh. “It has to get along with Brownie, right?”

Seunghyun hums, feeling sleepy. Daesung’s hand is now caressing his arm, his sweet honey scent invades Seunghyun’s senses mercilessly. “How did he come up with Brownie, anyway?”

“I don’t know, I never asked,” Daesung smiles. “He just kind of…declared the name to us, remember?”

Seunghyun does. Ken came up from his room, introducing the kangaroo’s name after being nameless plushie for almost two weeks. “Maybe he’d need time to think about this one too.”

“It’s up to him,” Daesung leans back on his seat, yawning. Seunghyun’s head on his thighs keeps him warm and he rests his hand on Seunghyun’s stomach before closing his eyes, joining his hyung–his love–who seems like he’s already halfway to dreamland.

***

Daesung wakes up with soft small hands tapping his arm repeatedly.

“Appa, sleepy?” his son’s face is full of wonder, his eyebrows taut in slight worry. It reminds Daesung of Seunghyun, seven or eight years ago, when he found him sleeping on the sofa, too tired to even reach the bedroom.

“Just a little,” Daesung tries to stifle a yawn. “Are you just awake?”

Ken nods. “Thirsty.”

Seunghyun stirs on his lap and mumbles something about barbecue and Salvador Dali. Ken laughs before leaning down to kiss Seunghyun’s forehead. “Appa, sleep.”

Daesung carefully shifts Seunghyun’s head from his lap to the sofa as he stands up and takes his son’s hand to get them something to drink.

***

“Kangaroo!” Ken dashes from Daesung’s side to Seunghyun’s arms immediately. Seunghyun is now fully awake, sitting on the sofa and waving the present, smiling from ear to ear.

Daesung watches their son hugging his new plushie. He pretty much wants to put his son’s cheerful voice in a box, knowing that sooner or later he would have to get back to hectic routines and missing so many days of Ken’s life.

“Do you like it?” Seunghyun nuzzles his nose against his son’s neck. Ken squirms in his hold, laughing as it’s one of his most ticklish spot.

“Yes, yes, appa! Thank you!”

“Cute isn’t it?” Daesung hands Seunghyun his glass of water. “Now Brownie has friend.”

“I love,” Ken’s fingers fiddling with the plushie’s tail. “Soft,” he giggles and Daesung thinks he wouldn’t mind to go to another five or even ten stores to find anything kangaroo if that means he could see his son’s bright face.

“Daesung–appa and I were thinking about names,” Seunghyun pecks Ken’s cheek lightly. “But we couldn’t come up with anything good.”

“Seunghyun–appa’s idea was Binky,” Daesung sneers. Ken frowns upon hearing the suggestion.

“And Daesung–appa’s idea was Bingu,” Seunghyun pouts.

“Bingu?”

Daesung laughs. “We will tell you about it later.”

Ken nods and stares at his new toy. The white fur, the small ears, the softness of it…”Tofu.”

Daesung laughs and Seunghyun is taken aback.

“Tofu,” Ken grins proudly. “Name is Tofu.”

Seunghyun thinks that Tofu doesn’t seem to get along pretty well with Brownie and Daesung seems to be at completely lost too, but Ken pats his gift happily and tells them that Tofu is the best present ever (after Brownie, of course), so Seunghyun looks at Daesung and they both shrug, deciding to cope with their son’s decision of naming his toys.